PSP extended battery won't fit in my PSP-2001

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Am I missing something? It says on the box that it will fit. The battery is rounded on both sides (honestly, it feels like it's swollen on the back side), and it won't lay flat inside the slot.

Anyone have any suggestions?

well crap-- this might be bad. I followed my instinct on the "swollen" feeling, and i slit a little hole in the plastic on the battery (being sure not to go too deep), and air spewed out of the battery like a balloon. Hope that doesn't mean the battery is bad.

If it's not the Stanima battery made by Sony, or not any other battery by Sony then let the buyer beware. After market batteries are mostly junk and I stay away from them. If it is the stanima battery then there should of been no problem getting it to fit. I use one in my PSP2001.

Real Stamina Battery packs made by Sony come with two extra battery covers (one black, one silver) for the 2000/3000 models so that the larger size of the battery can be accommodated. 1000 models do not need a larger battery cover since their batteries were already that size.

1889.jpg

Edit: Well I should say any modern bundle of the Stamina Battery comes like this. Before the slim 2000 series launched the battery was indeed available bare without any extra covers.

It's the official sony one- it was swollen on the backside, and it doesn't appear to want to hold a charge.. Going to see if i can go back up to SEARS later and exchange it for the other one they had. Hopefully it won't be the same issue.

The worst case is a reaction within the battery, and this should be replaceable by either the retailer or the manufacture.

I feel like I always hear about duds more often than not whenever there's a topic about people buying the PSP extended battery. Have you tried calling up Sony to get a replacement from them directly?

[quote name='MICHAE2414']I feel like I always hear about duds more often than not whenever there's a topic about people buying the PSP extended battery. Have you tried calling up Sony to get a replacement from them directly?[/QUOTE]

Agree, keep your sales receipt and the packaging material (if you haven't toss it) and try to contact a Sony rep.

[quote name='nbballard']Am I missing something? It says on the box that it will fit. The battery is rounded on both sides (honestly, it feels like it's swollen on the back side), and it won't lay flat inside the slot.

Anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I had one from Kmart that was like that , I think someone tried to deadshort it to make a Pandora battery and failed.
Tehn they returned it , it sucks because I have a PSP-1000 and the batteries are hard to find .

bread's done
Back