PSP GAMES at Walmart 4 for $20

About 4-5 days ago they had a better selection to choose from - MLB 2K12, NBA 2K12, MX vs ATV, WWE All Stars, and LittleBigPlanet to name a few. The selection is pretty crappy now aside from a few games...

Not too many RPG's in that list. Star Ocean is a good one, but besides that I couldn't find anything that would keep my interest.

When I got in, I went with Tomb Raider Anniversary, Prince of Persia:Rival Swords, Hot Shots Tennis (Hot Shots Golf was AMAZING!), and the gem of the bunch, Crisis Core. Basically $23 shipped. Even for an ancient format on a dying handheld, it's a great deal for me.

[quote name='berzirk']When I got in, I went with Tomb Raider Anniversary, Prince of Persia:Rival Swords, Hot Shots Tennis (Hot Shots Golf was AMAZING!), and the gem of the bunch, Crisis Core. Basically $23 shipped. Even for an ancient format on a dying handheld, it's a great deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Hot Shots Get a Grip is a great game. Perfect Mario Tennis replacement.

[quote name='Enuf']amazingly the PSP & PS2 have such high demand that Sony can't even meet it.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316423[/QUOTE]

well, that's a bit relative. Let's say the demand is 50k units. They don't want to make any so they make 10k. It's certainly not selling competitively compared to other options on the market.

I personally like having the last system to carry UMDs.

TEKKEN: DR and both Syphon Filter games are awesome PSP games included in this sale, as well as the ones that other people have mentioned.

[quote name='berzirk']well, that's a bit relative. Let's say the demand is 50k units. They don't want to make any so they make 10k. It's certainly not selling competitively compared to other options on the market.[/QUOTE]There's poor countries that are just starting with the PS2 & even now the PS2 has legs w/o the upped supply same thing will happen to PS3 in like 2018ish

I had training today at the Walmart I just started at and on my lunch break I stopped by the electronics and two games stuck out to me:

:ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles

so I'm assuming these are being clearanced out. Sorry if this was the wrong place to post this, I didn't think it was worth posting another thread for. :D

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']About 4-5 days ago they had a better selection to choose from - MLB 2K12, NBA 2K12, MX vs ATV, WWE All Stars, and LittleBigPlanet to name a few. The selection is pretty crappy now aside from a few games...[/QUOTE]

We all must have missed the thread where you reported that deal. Could you post the link to it?

Yea this selection isn't really that great. There are a few 'that might be fun' games but nothing really must-have.

Thanks great deal bought a few to keep me going!
pspboom

Damn, anyone else having trouble checking out? I'm clicking the Checkout button but the site is just sitting there and trying to load. Too much traffic maybe?

Thanks for the deal, I was thinking of buying FF1 and 2 for 10$ off amazon but getting 2 other games for 5 bucks more was a nice bonus. I picked up star ocean and siphon filter logan's shadow.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']About 4-5 days ago they had a better selection to choose from - MLB 2K12, NBA 2K12, MX vs ATV, WWE All Stars, and LittleBigPlanet to name a few. The selection is pretty crappy now aside from a few games...[/QUOTE]

would of grabbed it they still had MLB 12 NBA 12 and Little

WWE ALL STARS came back so maybe the rest will later (doubtful) but can hope

This is pretty good timing for me. I'm going to be away from home for a few months later this year and I'll need to build my PSP library to pass the time. I picked up

Sid Meiers Pirates
Star Ocean: First Departure
Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe
Fat Princess: Fistful of Fun
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Prince Of Persia Rival Swords
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Syphon Filter Logan Shadow

For $45 shipped. Good deal, thanks OP.

I actually own all of those PSP rpgs , lol

Nonetheless, I was able to get Fat Princess, Pursuit Force, Iron Man 2, and Madden '10.

Not a bad haul for only $20. Thanks OP!

I'd probably get:
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Crisis Core
Parappa the Rapper
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

You can buy Walmart giftcards in-store and use them for online purchases, right?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

You can buy Walmart giftcards in-store and use them for online purchases, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

[quote name='edh1017']Just wanted to say that you guys should consider getting Pangya. It's a really fun golf game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also, Pangya can be found for very cheap anywhere - I bought my copy for under $3 (before shipping) new at Amazon. It's a steal for such a fun game. :cool:

Thanks for posting. Nice deal, but I couldn't get myself to bite on Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 1 and 2, and something else. Too many already at home waiting to be played.

However I'd recommend the golf games (Hot Shots and Pangya).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RySenkari']Damn, anyone else having trouble checking out? I'm clicking the Checkout button but the site is just sitting there and trying to load. Too much traffic maybe?[/QUOTE]

I had some trouble too. Something about Wal-Mart + Chrome broke things. I went over to IE and everything was working okay.

Picked up:
Pangya: Fantasy Golf
Final Fantasy II (Already own the first one)
Star Ocean: First Departure
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Not too bad at about $5/game shipped. Thanks for the heads up!

Dang... I couldn't resist. Now I need to go dig out my PSP. But for $20 I get 4 games I passed up earlier. Hope it still works...

[quote name='AionTelos']Star Ocean not on the list anymore :/[/QUOTE]

If you're still looking for it this deal is active and Star Ocean is back on the list. Selection is a little underwhelming but there's some good ones in it.

Just picked up Star Ocean, FF I&II and Crisis Core myself. Getting a PSP late in the game means cheap games for me. :)

[quote name='gootenbeez']If you're still looking for it this deal is active and Star Ocean is back on the list. Selection is a little underwhelming but there's some good ones in it.

Just picked up Star Ocean, FF I&II and Crisis Core myself. Getting a PSP late in the game means cheap games for me. :)[/QUOTE]
these are the same 4 I picked up. Can't argue against super cheap RPGs.

Looks like they added two more to the list..
- Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
- Warriors of the Lost Empire

Any thoughts on these?

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Looks like they added two more to the list..
- Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
- Warriors of the Lost Empire

Any thoughts on these?[/QUOTE]

Untold Legends is your run of the mill Baldur's Gate hack and slash type game. It received good scores from critics upon release.

Warriors of the Lost Empire isn't one that I know anything about.

Checked this about a week ago and they had WWE All-Stars and Little Big Planet back in stock. Ended up ordering both of those + the two Syphon Filter games. Just got part of my order today, and one of them is a little unsettling. My WWE All-Stars is ghetto re-shrink wrapped, which is kind of disappointing. I'm hoping it was that the original wrap got damaged in the warehouse and they simply re-wrapped it. Looks like everything is there...

Some psp games actually come ghetto wrapped from the manufacturer. Hard to know if it's legit unless you see a few others like it.

bread's done
Back