PSP GO Black - $209 Dell

Damn, I wish I didn't see this thread. I don't need to update my psp 1000 but i really want to. Does anyone know if the psp 3000 helps with load times on games like crimson gem saga?

[quote name='j0dy77']Damn, I wish I didn't see this thread. I don't need to update my psp 1000 but i really want to. Does anyone know if the psp 3000 helps with load times on games like crimson gem saga?[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but virtually everything stays the same aside from the screen and aesthetics.

[quote name='j0dy77']Damn, I wish I didn't see this thread. I don't need to update my psp 1000 but i really want to. Does anyone know if the psp 3000 helps with load times on games like crimson gem saga?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Correct me if I'm wrong but virtually everything stays the same aside from the screen and aesthetics.[/QUOTE]

Um, why is 3000 being discussed here randomly? PSP 3000 isn't PSPGo, if that's what you're thinking.

And I think the 3000 (and 2000) both have 64 megs of memory instead of 32 on the 1000, so things do load faster. And both have the updated output port for TV output / headphone remote thingie. And the 3000 has some changes with the LCD which makes it brighter, but there's major problems with scan lines in some games (Disgaea).

psp3000scanlines.jpg

I had a go, but took it back due to lack of games being released on PSN. I got a 3000 a few days ago, but the scan lines are a really big problem. compared to the go screen its unacceptable. Its going back also.

I'm stuck with about 4 digital games and no machine to play them on. I feel so totally and royally screwed by the entire situation. I really do like the go's hardware, but w/o the games going up on PSN its a brick.

Once again Sony you are on my shit list

Feels like Nintendo is the only console maker that gives a damn about their customers anymore.

On one level I really want this, but I keep thinking that some kind of price drop or promotion will be forthcoming from Sony later this year. So for now I will bide my time...

[quote name='evisto']On one level I really want this, but I keep thinking that some kind of price drop or promotion will be forthcoming from Sony later this year. So for now I will bide my time...[/QUOTE]

I looked at the price at check out and they wanted to charge me tax. $226 all said and done. No dice. I refuse to pay a dime over $200 for a go. I'm going to do the same thing. It can't be too long the thing is tanking.

Get a 2000. I'm still relative happy with it. Only real thing I don't like is that it drains a lot of power even when turned off. If you turn it off and leave it for a month, the batteries are dead. Doesn't happen with other handhelds.

[quote name='Rodster']LMAO :lol: :applause:

I wouldn't buy this thing till it drops to $79. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I am right here too, once it hits $75, it's mine. Until then I will be happy w/ the DS Lite. Although that DSi XL is pretty tempting.

I don't get why they don't just release a 4GB model with no Bluetooth or anything for $99. They'd sell boatloads of them. They'd still make a profit too. The PSP Go was a failure from the day it was announced. They really didn't think it through at all. No UMD conversion? Poor digital game support? Terrible launch.

[quote name='elessar123']Um, why is 3000 being discussed here randomly? PSP 3000 isn't PSPGo, if that's what you're thinking.

And I think the 3000 (and 2000) both have 64 megs of memory instead of 32 on the 1000, so things do load faster. And both have the updated output port for TV output / headphone remote thingie. And the 3000 has some changes with the LCD which makes it brighter, but there's major problems with scan lines in some games (Disgaea).

psp3000scanlines.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I owned a 3000 briefly and preferred the LCD to the 1000 and the onboard memory should speed up loading, I was wondering if I'll notice a difference. Sorry for taking things off topic.

And elessarr: Cags don't let Cags by PSP GO's. :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't get why they don't just release a 4GB model with no Bluetooth or anything for $99. They'd sell boatloads of them. They'd still make a profit too. The PSP Go was a failure from the day it was announced. They really didn't think it through at all. No UMD conversion? Poor digital game support? Terrible launch.[/QUOTE]

That's it in a nutshell folks. :applause:

Yes a $99 one would sell like hotcakes I think.

[quote name='j0dy77']I owned a 3000 briefly and preferred the LCD to the 1000 and the onboard memory should speed up loading, I was wondering if I'll notice a difference. Sorry for taking things off topic.

And elessarr: Cags don't let Cags by PSP GO's. :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, but I answered you =P On some games, the loading is significant. Haven't tried running Crimson Gem Saga (bought it around release too) so couldn't tell you.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony starts clearing the Go out within the next year or two to make way for a PSP Go/Cell phone hybrid to compete with the iPhone.

[quote name='elessar123']Get a 2000. I'm still relative happy with it. Only real thing I don't like is that it drains a lot of power even when turned off. If you turn it off and leave it for a month, the batteries are dead. Doesn't happen with other handhelds.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty standard with rechargeable batteries, they still drain a tiny bit when turned off. Now if it can't hold a charge for too long you may just have a crappy battery.

bread's done
Back