psp go or psp 300 GOW bundle ?

CAG Veteran
i want a psp , had one a while back , traded all my umd games away , but still have a couple on PSN , im not sure what to buy called gamestop today , they said i could still reserved a psp 3000 GOW bundle , not sure to try it , or try and get a psp go .........what's better ?

PSP GO is still pretty expensive for what you get.

Do you have a lot of UMD games? Do you plan on buying a lot of UMD games? If so, get a 3k. If you're looking to play a lot of PSN games, get GO.

I went with a GO personally and am happy with my decision.

The Go isn't a very safe bet. There are games that are not, and may never be, on the PSN. So you'd be missing out on some titles with a Go. A PSP3000 is my preferred choice. You can play UMD games and download them from the PSN if you wish. Get a good sized, legit memory stick and there you go. Best of both worlds. Plus the GoW PSP looks awesome.

If I didn't already have two PSPs, I'd get it.

I am trying to make the same choice and right now im leaning toward the 3000 madden bundle for 169. And buy gow game after price drop in a few months. Since I don't like the color scheme of the GOW bundle psp.

VS the PSPGO.

Their doesnt seem to be every PSP title listed for download on the PSN store.
Whynot? What is sony thinking? Why have a brand new system that is download only and NOT have every single PSP title in digital format ready to be purchased and played?
Really disapointing.

Not to mention on top of that major flaw. The games they do have listed are either equal or MORE then their UMD version ??? WTF!????

3k looks like the best of the best for the PSP until PSP2 comes out.

The God of War PSP 3000 has the improved analog stick for what it's worth, I like my 3000. I only plan on picking up a PSP Go when they get clearanced out somewhere as they're not really all that great unless you've got an already decent amount of minis and stuff downloaded from the PSN.

No brainer, go with GoW Bundle, two solid games, one "Kick-Ass" movie.

PSPgo, still no go with me, as the PSP2 is coming near.

GoW bundle, I got one and I love it (it's my first PSP, and man was I missing out).
If you have any intention at all of buying either GoW game for the PSP, you should buy the 3000 bundle. It's really the best value.

Do not get a PSP Go. The PSP 3000 can do anything the Go can do and more. The only drawback is that you'll need to get a large memory stick, but the tradeoff is that you can play UMD games that you otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Isn't the screen bigger, too?

[quote name='Chuplayer']Do not get a PSP Go. The PSP 3000 can do anything the Go can do and more. [/QUOTE]

The PSP Go can sync with a PS3 controller. I don't think the other PSPs have bluetooth support.

I would still go with the PSP GoW bundle though. Even with the 4 games you get with the PSP Go, you'll save more by being able to buy cheap used UMDs.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']The PSP Go can sync with a PS3 controller. I don't think the other PSPs have bluetooth support.

I would still go with the PSP GoW bundle though. Even with the 4 games you get with the PSP Go, you'll save more by being able to buy cheap used UMDs.[/QUOTE]

You're right, no Bluetooth on PSP3000. And rats, I wasn't aware of the 4 free games you get with the PSP Go.

I still think the PSP 3000 is the better deal for two main reasons, and the third is a possible reason:

1. You may be missing out--as long as there are games only available on UMD.
  2. You miss out on a lot of the cool bonus stuff that are packed into the UMD pre-order releases and Limited Edition bundles.
  3. It is possible to get Video Game credit for use on the UMD version of games (I guess it is still possible to buy a download code from Amazon--and soon to be GameStop--and use a discount, but I am not sure).

Anyway, I'm not even sure the OP is even still watching the thread :lol:

[quote name='franz ferdinand']The PSP Go can sync with a PS3 controller. I don't think the other PSPs have bluetooth support.[/QUOTE]

Okay, you're not missing out on anything important. The PS3 controller support is kind of cool but completely unnecessary.

[quote name='KillerRamen']If you can wait until Black Friday, a few retailers (Sears, Target) have the PSP 3000 Black Friday bundle for $130/127 respectively. It's the black system with 1gb memory stick, LittleBigPlanet and Karate Kid UMD.

Amazon currently has it listed for $170
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1289675712&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that's not a movie download voucher for Karate Kid? I find it hard to believe that they're still making UMD movies.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Are you sure that's not a movie download voucher for Karate Kid? I find it hard to believe that they're still making UMD movies.[/QUOTE]

The box lists it as a "The Karate Kid UMD Movie," so I guess they still make them.

that god of war one looks sick. im getting buyers remorse for buying the green mgs one earlier this year lol

[quote name='dank']that god of war one looks sick. im getting buyers remorse for buying the green mgs one earlier this year lol[/QUOTE]

I liked the previous GoW PSP better than the new version (new one just looks cheap and tacky to me).

And while I feel like I overpaid for it, I really dig my MGS camo PSP 3000 (Gamestop exclusive...grrrr). Looks awesome and very unique. I'm really not sure what they were thinking with the minty green MGS bundle, so I can understand your buyer's remorse.

I got the new GoW one and I think the first one looks tacky w/that white Kratos face on the back... the new GoW one looks really cool; it's black and red with translucent red buttons. Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Are you sure that's not a movie download voucher for Karate Kid? I find it hard to believe that they're still making UMD movies.[/QUOTE]

On the box it looks like a solid case and not a PSN Voucher.
If it was a voucher it would say so on the box.

And also it's only a 0.5 difference on screen size between the Go and 3000.

Does anyone know if running the game off a memory disc on psp 3000 makes the battery last longer then psp go? I tried looking for the answer but the only comparison i can find seems to be of psp 3000 running umd vs psp go running of memory.

Could only be slightly longer, as the UMD drive isn't running. But graphics display and screen brightness are other factors to consider as well.

Depends on what battery is in the PSP Go, if it's the 1200 mAh battery then not likely too much of a difference. I'm not sure if the Go can take the extended battery kit that the 3000 can but that'd be something to consider as well.

bread's done
Back