PSP Go (Refurbed) $99.99 - cowboom.com

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got an email from cowboom showing a refurbished PSP Go for $99.99 (Also, "used" condition for $94.98)

The email implies that this is a 1 day thing.

I previously ordered a refurbed PSP3000 from them and it arrived in excellent condition and has been perfect.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/660068/?utm_campaign=cb-3-3-2011&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SonyPSPgo-660068-$99.99-3-3-2011-text

Sorry if this is a repost.. I didn't see anything on the first page of deals so I assume not(if this is truly a new/1 day thing)

Don't know why there is so much hate on the Go I just bought one recently and love it. I previously owned a 3000 and had the opportunity to purchase another one at the time I bought the go. It would have been nice to play my umds but I passed because there are ways to get those games on your go if you just look around ;). Major selling point for me was the extremely compact size.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's that one star again...

The compact size of the Go is pretty awesome, but I have serious trouble using those cramped controls. I still prefer the 3000 but the Go definitely has its charms, its great if you mainly want something to carry your PS1 games around on.

[quote name='Chlorox']Don't know why there is so much hate on the Go...[/QUOTE]
Because people are like sheep.

The Go is awesome if you can nab one for $100.
Don't believe the FUD people.

[quote name='Vader582']Because people are like sheep.

The Go is awesome if you can nab one for $100.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, who doesn't want to play MSRP for games you can never trade?

And I mean, it's so great how you can get the whole PSP library on this thing. Did I mention the newest Kingdom Hearts? Oh, I've heard it's fun to play Birth by Sleep on this thing. A real blast.

/sarcastic rant

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, I mean, who doesn't want to play MSRP for games you can never trade?

And I mean, it's so great how you can get the whole PSP library on this thing. Did I mention the newest Kingdom Hearts? Oh, I've heard it's fun to play Birth by Sleep on this thing. A real blast.

/sarcastic rant[/QUOTE]

A lot of the prices on the playstation store aren't that bad. Also I'm playing kingdom hearts on my go right now and it's quite awesome.

[quote name='Chlorox']A lot of the prices on the playstation store aren't that bad. Also I'm playing kingdom hearts on my go right now and it's quite awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I thought that game wasn't downloadable on the Go?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, I mean, who doesn't want to play MSRP for games you can never trade?

/sarcastic rant[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few sales that match or beat UMD MSRP prices on the PSN, in addition to the free games offered if you have PSN+.

As for KH: BBS, that's one game and more than likely that's a Disney issue and not a Sony one. Does one game make or break a console to you?
More FUD? BAA BAA BAA.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Hm, I thought that game wasn't downloadable on the Go?[/QUOTE]
It's not but the Go is hackable if you're so inclined.

[quote name='Vader582']As for KH: BBS, that's one game and more than likely that's a Disney issue and not a Sony one. Does one game make or break a console to you?

It's not but the Go is hackable if you're so inclined.[/QUOTE]

Considering that the exclusive Kingdom Hearts games are one of the few reasons I would purchase the system, yes, it does break the system for me.

And I don't pirate. Pirating is bad, mkay.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Considering that the exclusive Kingdom Hearts games are one of the few reasons I would purchase the system, yes, it does break the system for me.

And I don't pirate. Pirating is bad, mkay.[/QUOTE]

Your loss.

And I agree, pirating is bad but it's one of the reasons people have become more attracted to the Go recently. That and the possible $100 price tag.
If you had said the $200 MSRP is too much, I would've agreed with you but dismissing a system for lack of one game? #-o

The lack of the UMD is the killer for me.
I bought the original PSP on launch day and have a handful of games on UMD, which would be unplaybable on the Go.
Sony really dropped the ball when they didn't come up with some sort of trade in system to let me get games I own on UMD to play on the Go.
I don't care if I have to mail in the original disc, I don't want to pay for the same game twice.

Another example, Amazon has the UMD of MGS Peace Walker for ~ $15, which I couldn't take advantage of if I only had a Go.

[quote name='utopianmachine']And I don't pirate. Pirating is bad, mkay.[/QUOTE]
Pirating is indeed bad. Ripping your own UMDs and loading them so that you don't have to buy the same games twice, isn't.

And to contribute to the thread itself, good price on the Go. I've personally never heard of this website and would maybe question the quality of a refurbished PSP Go, but aside from that it sounds like a solid deal. :3

[quote name='utopianmachine']Considering that the exclusive Kingdom Hearts games are one of the few reasons I would purchase the system, yes, it does break the system for me.

And I don't pirate. Pirating is bad, mkay.[/QUOTE]

Or you could do like I did and purchase the game to give the devs their money but still load it on your go. It's not my fault it's not available for download and I don't plan on missing out on it.

Sold out.

Update: actually, the one from the link in the OP says sold out, but they are still there if you search for them. Only white though.

Update 2: Looks like only the "Used" version is now available and the "Refurbished' is no longer listed.

Update 3: Now I'm getting the out of stock message again.

Piracy is indeed bad.

But last time I checked the nes, snes, genesis, etc didn't make portables with their entire library to buy. So, how else can you play it? I think we'd be hard pressed to find a CAG who would pay for some of those games unless they were collectors.

[quote name='Chlorox']Or you could do like I did and purchase the game to give the devs their money but still load it on your go. It's not my fault it's not available for download and I don't plan on missing out on it.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Metal Gear Peace Walker as well (that may be available in the store, but I still bought the UMD, and installed it on my Go.) May not be frugal, but it is ethical.

My refurb arrived today, very good condition, no visible scuffs or scratches. It appears that Sony did the refurb, it didn't come in an original box but did have an original manual packed with it. Firmware was at 6.35. Right now I only own one PSN game, the free Yggdra Union that came with my Knights in the Nightmare UMD. Browsed around the PSN store and grabbed a few demos to go with it but the full games seemed pretty pricey. Do they ever have any decent sales?

I'm not a huge fan of the d pad on this thing. If you are looking for portability its worth it, otherwise just get a 3000.

[quote name='jthieme']Do they ever have any decent sales?[/QUOTE]
Quite often.
I snagged Phantasy Star Portable 2 for $16 a while back.
The new psp God of War game will be discounted shortly. I'd also highly recommend some of the Minis: A Space Shooter for 2 bucks, Blimp and Pac Man are all great. Super Stardust Portable is great fun as well.

[quote name='jthieme']My refurb arrived today, very good condition, no visible scuffs or scratches. It appears that Sony did the refurb, it didn't come in an original box but did have an original manual packed with it. Firmware was at 6.35. Right now I only own one PSN game, the free Yggdra Union that came with my Knights in the Nightmare UMD. Browsed around the PSN store and grabbed a few demos to go with it but the full games seemed pretty pricey. Do they ever have any decent sales?[/QUOTE]

Got mine today in a refurb box (marked as Grade A, out of A B C) with FW 6.31 and in absolutely pristine condition. Could easily have been brand new. Very happy with this deal, especially since the PSPgo didn't get the expected price drop to $150.

While I know GameStop is selling used Go's for $100, they rarely have them in stock and I'd take a refurb over anything used from GameStop any day of the week.

I also picked up the 1-year warranty for something like $9 just because it added so little to the overall cost and the insurance was worth it.

no reason to buy one of these with the PSP2 coming out unless you pirate games. I'll stick to my old GOW ed. with UMD, dirt cheap now.

[quote name='pun123']no reason to buy one of these with the PSP2 coming out unless you pirate games. I'll stick to my old GOW ed. with UMD, dirt cheap now.[/QUOTE]

Why is this a bad item just because the NGP is coming out this year? People are still buying the PS2 even though the PS3 has been out for several years.

This is actually a great way to get started on a PSP if you don't have one. All of the games for it will be tied to your PSN account which you can then use on an NGP if you ever get one, unlike the UMDs that will require an old system or be gathering dust.

I also finally got the dock from DealExtreme after five weeks due to the Chinese New Year shipping delays. I'm very impressed with the quality when outputting to my home theater. I was very surprised with how different the sound was being pushed through an audio system, Castlevania Dracula X sounded amazing.

[quote name='SScorpio']Why is this a bad item just because the NGP is coming out this year? People are still buying the PS2 even though the PS3 has been out for several years.

This is actually a great way to get started on a PSP if you don't have one. All of the games for it will be tied to your PSN account which you can then use on an NGP if you ever get one, unlike the UMDs that will require an old system or be gathering dust.

I also finally got the dock from DealExtreme after five weeks due to the Chinese New Year shipping delays. I'm very impressed with the quality when outputting to my home theater. I was very surprised with how different the sound was being pushed through an audio system, Castlevania Dracula X sounded amazing.[/QUOTE]

Don't feed the "PSPgo sucks" trolls ;)

I agree with your points about he Go being a great stepping stone for the NGP since all the PSN games you buy for the Go will transfer to the NGP (but none of those UMDs will).

I also really like the dock and ability to play my PSP games on my TV using my wireless PS3 controller. Pretty awesome stuff and will get even better with the NGP.

Just wanted to post a follow up to say I got an email today from Sony PSN with a coupon code for the 3 free games, LBP, Socom and Ratchet & Clank. It was completely unexpected and I had no idea that refurb GOs qualified for that offer.

[quote name='jthieme']Just wanted to post a follow up to say I got an email today from Sony PSN with a coupon code for the 3 free games, LBP, Socom and Ratchet & Clank. It was completely unexpected and I had no idea that refurb GOs qualified for that offer.[/QUOTE]

This is YMMV. It all depends on whether the system was previously used to access the PSN store with someone else's ID. It appears that your system (even if used) was never 'used' to access PSN. Some folks just never realized that all games were digital :roll: prior to purchasing their systems.

bread's done
Back