PSP Go - Staples - $79.97 - YMMV

I almost feel bad for the psp go. I have a snes and games sitting on my shelf that haven't been supported in ages, the psp go will never be able to reach that status and will always be a paperweight because in 20 years you won't be able to buy games for it. 8( Poor psp go.

i just picked up a go using the last of my blockbuster credit (only had to pay a few dollars of the tax). i haven't owned a handheld system since the original gameboy, but a free one that i can play mlb 11 on for the next little while is fine by me.

as a heads up, i also saw a bunch of those travel cases on sale for $4.99 at futureshop (they only had blue though).

Still not a good deal for them. The PSP1000-2000-3000 can do everything the Go can do and more (play UMDs).

I would half consider getting one if I could PM it down at Future Shop for like $70 taxes in...

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Still not a good deal for them. The PSP1000-2000-3000 can do everything the Go can do and more (play UMDs).

I would half consider getting one if I could PM it down at Future Shop for like $70 taxes in...[/QUOTE]

Can the 2000 or 3000 allow you to sync a DS3 controller to them using Bluetooth?

Checked my nearest Staples. Nothing. Darn.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Still not a good deal for them. The PSP1000-2000-3000 can do everything the Go can do and more (play UMDs).
[/QUOTE]

lulz UMD's are still relevant?

[quote name='VetraX']
lulz UMD's are still relevant?[/QUOTE]

They still crank out all of their games on them (except minis) and you can purchase them used for waaaayyy less than the downloadable titles. Not all PSP titles are even available for download. I'd say the relevance meter is off the charts.

One point to make is that the NGP will be supporting digital download versions of PSP titles but not UMDs so buying PSP games digitally is a way of futureproofing. You can barely get a few bucks trying to sell PSP UMDs now so the lack of digital download resellability is not a huge loss. At this point I wouldn't buy another game on UMD and I've been trying to replace my UMDs with digital any time the PS store has a good sale.

[quote name='VetraX']lulz UMD's are still relevant?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Any game I want to play I can get for $5-10, and then when I am done I can sell it for $5-10. Pretty nice.

EDIT: Actually a friend if mine just lent me a bunch of platformers, a kind of game I wouldn't normally even spend any money on. I don't think you can borrow digitally downloaded games, etc.

Futureproofing is a fine rationale, but digital downloads have a sketchy future at best, whereas I'll always be able to play my UMDs, even when PSN dies out for good in 10-20 years or so. Rather than get a PSP Go now, I'll just get an NGP later. :)

PSP games now recompiled for PS3

Now there's even LESS reason to get UMDs of PSP titles and NO reason to get ANY game on PSP since most people rather play these on their big screens instead. Oh Sony, why did you bother with a portable system to begin with ...

I'm pretty sure every PSP game isn't going to be released on PS3. :)

Anyway, in the interests of people who might actually be looking for one of these, there was still one in stock at the Staples in Rothesay NB this afternoon at $79.97. They keep all their stock in the back room so you'll have to ask for it.

No, not every PSP game will get recompiled to run on PS3. But in Sony's best interest, I'm sure they'll try their damndest to get everyone to follow along since time and time again whenever there's a new title released on both PSP and a console at the same time (ie PS2 in the past), the PSP release gets slaughtered at launch and it's the PS2 release that sells well. This goes the same for the two miniaturised GTA games which sold over a mill for the first, not nearly as much for the second and sold exceedingly well when recompiled for PS2.

Also, consider the fact that the few collections on the PS3 has sold well, this is major net from relatively little work.

[quote name='poiuiu']PSP games now recompiled for PS3

Now there's even LESS reason to get UMDs of PSP titles and NO reason to get ANY game on PSP since most people rather play these on their big screens instead. Oh Sony, why did you bother with a portable system to begin with ...[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly glad Sony "bothered" with portable gaming. I've owned every popular handheld since the first gameboy and I don't own 120+ games for any of them except PSP (including digital downloads and PSOne games).

Regardless of anyone's jaded opinion of the platform (which is most likely inspired by the pathetic joke known as the gaming media), PSP is unquestionably the ONLY handheld to ever give Nintendo a run for their money.

PSP is needed. Nintendo's game line-up simply doesn't justify their console sales. As gamers we need the competition.....gaming would be really sad if all we had was DS and Wii.

[quote name='True Kronic']I'm certainly glad Sony "bothered" with portable gaming. I've owned every popular handheld since the first gameboy and I don't own 120+ games for any of them except PSP (including digital downloads and PSOne games).

Regardless of anyone's jaded opinion of the platform (which is most likely inspired by the pathetic joke known as the gaming media), PSP is unquestionably the ONLY handheld to ever give Nintendo a run for their money.

PSP is needed. Nintendo's game line-up simply doesn't justify their console sales. As gamers we need the competition.....gaming would be really sad if all we had was DS and Wii.[/QUOTE]

Amen, amen, amen.

Plus, some people just like gaming on the move (public transport, at the office, at school, everywhere, etc.). Console versions of the same game will usually sell better because more people own consoles, but that doesn't mean the portables don't still sell well enough to their intended market.

Here's hoping the NGP manages to bring some innovation to the handheld market that the 3DS sorely lacks.

Now there's even LESS reason to get UMDs of PSP titles and NO reason to get ANY game on PSP since most people rather play these on their big screens instead. Oh Sony, why did you bother with a portable system to begin with ...[/QUOTE]

Color me impressed when EVERY PSP game is released this way. And in North America to boot.

And Thank God for competition. I wouldn't want Nintendo to be the only company to define portable gaming. My PSP-1000 plays videos and MP3 files, something Nintendo doesn't support on any of their consoles, portable or not :razz: over the years I have found both these features more than worth the price of a PSP.

I love having awesome handheld versions of SSFIV and DoA and as disappointing as Pilotwings Resort is I still played over 15 hours of it (according to the log).

But if I had morals and convictions and stuff like that - I wouldn't support Nintendo 3DS on principal (unfortunately I'm just a handheld gaming junkie). If only for the fact 3DS is only slightly more powerful than PSP, and after the June 6th update everything about the 3DS minus the 3D was done on PSP in 2004 as good or better.

The main reason is because the 3D in 3DS is one of the worst gimmicks ever pulled in the history of video gaming. Sure it works....when you have it held at the PERFECT angle and the PERFECT distance with you eyes focused the PERFECT way....move away from that even slightly and you get a headache inducing double image. Who out there plays their handhelds like that....never moving even slightly? I'd say 7/10 people I've showed the thing to can't take looking at the 3D image for more than a few minutes. Most I've done was 20 minutes in Pilotwings and I was spun for the rest of the day.

Having this type of 3D on a handheld doesn't work (because you're constantly moving around), and even if it actually did work well and didn't cause your eyes to bug out - it doesn't add anything to the actual games, at all. The 3D on 3DS is the very definition of a worthless gimmick, and is Nintendos way of pulling a fast one on consumers.

I love my 3DS, but I would never, ever recommend it to anyone.

You're right, they should never have released a product that has sold over 68 million units, total morons.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']You're right, they should never have released a product that has sold over 68 million units, total morons.[/QUOTE]

But it didn't sell as much as the DS so it was a failure.

/sarcasm

bread's done
Back