PSP Go White Used at Gamestop for $150.00

mayonaze03

CAG Veteran
I went to the Gamestop in Westerville Ohio and picked up a white PSP Go for $150.00. For that price, I said OK since I have tons of digital games.
I took a picture. How do I upload it without putting it on a website?

Yeah 150 isn't bad. I just worry about the support that Sony will give this thing. But then, it'll eventually get cracked and 10 years from now it won't matter if you can get games for it or not anymore, realistically.

I'm not a pirate I'm just worried about the longevity of the device, if say when the PSP2 comes out, they don't renew licenses to sell PSP1 games online and this becomes a useless brick.

With the $20 trade in bonus for PSPs you'd get $75 for a PSP 2000, making this $75. Not too bad.

[quote name='mayonaze03']I went to the Gamestop in Westerville Ohio and picked up a white PSP Go for $150.00. For that price, I said OK since I have tons of digital games.
I took a picture. How do I upload it without putting it on a website?[/QUOTE]

What condition is the system in? Is is a scratched up mess or does it look brand new?

I strongly suspect you'll be able to get a new PSP Go for this price in several months, if not lower as a closeout. Still, that's a nice deal!

[quote name='dragonjud']What condition is the system in? Is is a scratched up mess or does it look brand new?[/QUOTE]

It looks fantastic. The store let me check it and turn it on before buying it. He seemed just as anal about its condition as I was, which was cool.

[quote name='mayonaze03']Further proof, if needed

*picture*[/QUOTE]

I'd edit that picture since people can access your account by simply having your account number. :) thanks for the pictures though

i still am not interested even at that price. I can pick up a new core 3000 for that much and do more.....i would seriously have to come across one for $75 or less new for me to even think about it

thanks, though OP for posting this

picture from above:

photonh.jpg

I would gladly sell mine for that price. With many new releases not being released digitally this thing is a useless brick. Buy a 3000.

Ya I ended up going with a 3000 not too long ago when they had the GT Bundle plus your choice of 3 games for $199 (I went with the new Motor Storm) I also Picked up an 8GB memory stick for $13. So cant beat that. Overall you just get alot more bang for your buck with a 3000.

I really don't understand why everyone is saying that this is "very tempting". Are you just not thinking this through or what? It's an all digital system where there's rarely any deals on games and you're stuck with a game once you buy it (no trade-ins or selling to others). It's a pretty terrible system. Pick up a 3000 instead.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I really hope the Go is hacked soon, it would be the perfect portable if I could play SNES games on it :)[/QUOTE]

The Go is basically the same as the 3000 as far as that goes. It has been out since October 2008....I dont see the Go being hacked any time soon....

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I really hope the Go is hacked soon, it would be the perfect portable if I could play SNES games on it :)[/QUOTE]

Piracy is illegal, you scum.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Piracy is illegal, you scum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no joke. My neighbor just got busted by the FBI for playing 19 year old Super Nintendo games that he should have went out and bought at Best Buy.

Still not worth "upgrading" to unless Sony wants to give us, for free, digital versions of UMDs that we already own.

Also, the battery life is supposed to be worse than the other PSPs and you can't swap the battery with a longer lasting one.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']I was gonna buy a used PSP from a friend, How can you tell a 2000 from a 3000?[/QUOTE]

There's a bar code sticker on the bottom of each PSP. Below the bar code is a series of letters and numbers. Look at the end.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Piracy is illegal, you scum.[/QUOTE]

Pirating 60 dollar games you can get almost anywhere is one thing. Pirating games that most of us owned back in the day and don't have anywhere else to buy them is a different thing.

Thanks I had some Gamestop credit so I called around and found one, pretty much brand new, untouched. Trying out demo of MGS: Peace Walker, looks awesome.

pspgotoday.jpg

[quote name='boylover']Still not worth "upgrading" to unless Sony wants to give us, for free, digital versions of UMDs that we already own.

Also, the battery life is supposed to be worse than the other PSPs and you can't swap the battery with a longer lasting one.

There's a bar code sticker on the bottom of each PSP. Below the bar code is a series of letters and numbers. Look at the end.[/QUOTE]

it worked for apple so why cant sony

If Gamestop is already selling them used for $150 expect a major price drop real soon from Sony. FWIW I still wouldn't buy one at that price. I can buy PSP games on UMD much cheaper and still download games and minis from the PSN store.

That's a bad sign that the price of the Go has dropped $100 so soon.

I just confirmed this at my local gamestop. They are selling it for 149.99. Really good price, for an ipod substitute.

Eh, not even at that price. Hopefully Sony will get their head on straight and put out a much better revision this year.

[quote name='kart007k']I just confirmed this at my local gamestop. They are selling it for 149.99. Really good price, for an ipod substitute.[/QUOTE]

That tells me the Go is dead and Sony is prepping for it's replacement which should be the PSP 2. The Go should not have dropped in price by that much so soon.

$150 is great, if you can find one is near-mint condition. I realize the loss of the UMD drive stinks, but considering the advantages it has over other models (smaller size and 16GB built-in), I would definitely get this, if I didn't already have a PSP.

[quote name='Rodster']That tells me the Go is dead and Sony is prepping for it's replacement which should be the PSP 2. The Go should not have dropped in price by that much so soon.[/QUOTE]

I think they might be dropping the price to $199.99, but knowing sony I think its too early for them to put out another PSP. Because think about it PSP 3000 is still selling at 169.99. They will sell them all the way down to 79.99, until they bring out a new PSP, that's only if they want to stay in the hand-held market.

[quote name='kart007k']I think they might be dropping the price to $199.99, but knowing sony I think its too early for them to put out another PSP. Because think about it PSP 3000 is still selling at 169.99. They will sell them all the way down to 79.99, until they bring out a new PSP, that's only if they want to stay in the hand-held market.[/QUOTE]

I think Eurogamer.net had a write up on the PSP successor of the K series. It supposedly will run off a newly designed PowerVR graphics chip and it's supposed to be bad ass graphics.

I think Sony experimented with the Go to see if they had an answer to the Itouch. I really do think we may hear something at E3 this year about the PSP 2 or whatever they call it.

That's what happens when you produce this PSP with such a limited target scope. Expect all PSP Go's to hit that price point by the holidays this year.

I called around and found a store that has a black one. I would assume this would be the same price as the white one. Has anyone seen to know for sure?

bread's done
Back