PSP Go, why is it soo expensive?

SHOaks

CAGiversary!
I mean everyone says it sucks but it still cost more than the 3000. Why can't I find it anywhere for under $200?

Why would you want to find it then if you know the 3000 is better and it's cheaper? LOL. Seriously, it's just cause it's newer and sleeker and more portable, not to mention the built in memory that drives the price higher. I actually prefer the look of the old one as well and have no plans, well, ever, to upgrade my PSP 1000. If you don't have either, get an old one and wait it out for a PSP2, which probably won't be more than a year to year and a half out. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised unless they scrapped their portable division entirely, cause the 3DS will be kicking it's ass even harder by then.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Why would you want to find it then if you know the 3000 is better and it's cheaper? LOL. Seriously, it's just cause it's newer and sleeker and more portable, not to mention the built in memory that drives the price higher. I actually prefer the look of the old one as well and have no plans, well, ever, to upgrade my PSP 1000. If you don't have either, get an old one and wait it out for a PSP2, which probably won't be more than a year to year and a half out. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised unless they scrapped their portable division entirely, cause the 3DS will be kicking it's ass even harder by then.[/QUOTE]
I have a PSP 2000 and want one just because it has a lot of memory and looks nice. I play mostly DL games anyway.

Because Sony is arrogant to the point of idiocy. The PSP itself is a giant fail in comparison to the DS despite being massively superior hardware and multi-media wise. I mean c'mon, they launched the PS3 at $500 & $600 and expected it to fly off the shelf. They've made some good steps since then, but for a few years they were just idiotic.

All new electronics devices start of at really expensive prices and will lower with greater demand. The psp go wasn't hardly in demand and the price never dropped. Electronic prices drop when there design is made cheaper and they have a greater demand for it.

[quote name='Erad30']I mean c'mon, they launched the PS3 at $500 & $600 and expected it to fly off the shelf. They've made some good steps since then, but for a few years they were just idiotic.[/QUOTE]And I thought this was a thread asking about the PSPgo. :lol:

[quote name='robodaddyo']And I thought this was a thread asking about the PSPgo. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Just showing that Sony has been extremely boneheaded the past few years.

[quote name='Erad30']Because Sony is arrogant to the point of idiocy. The PSP itself is a giant fail in comparison to the DS despite being massively superior hardware and multi-media wise. I mean c'mon, they launched the PS3 at $500 & $600 and expected it to fly off the shelf. They've made some good steps since then, but for a few years they were just idiotic.[/QUOTE]

And both the PS3 and PSP have sold respectably high amounts. You belong on their marketing team, for sure.

And yes, the Go was a bad move -- I still can't wrap my head around it.

[quote name='Kerig']PSPGo target market = people who spend $80+ on HDMI cables.[/QUOTE]

I dunno.. I spent like... 5 bucks on my HDMI cables.. including shipping, and I love my Go. It holds all of the important games it needs to hold with no need to carry a bunch of UMDs with me. It's so shiny too. :D It's almost more elitist than buying Apple products too.

[quote name='panzerfaust']And both the PS3 and PSP have sold respectably high amounts. You belong on their marketing team, for sure.

And yes, the Go was a bad move -- I still can't wrap my head around it.[/QUOTE]

I won't argue the PSP has sold decently, but given that when it came out it was expected to destroy the DS, a far inferior system in both power and multi-media features, it's pretty much considered a failure. I have one, and I buy maybe 1 game a year for it. Most other people I know who have it use it almost strictly as am emulator. I may just drop it after Birth By Sleep comes out cause it seems like nothing else is coming. And yes, the PS3 is selling well NOW. When it came out initially, no one wanted it. I've worked at Best Buy for 5 years, was there for launch, and for a long time the PS3s just sat there. It didn't start moving units till the massively cut the price ad introduced the slim models, which took a couple of years.

[quote name='Tsnake617']I have a PSP 2000 and want one just because it has a lot of memory and looks nice. I play mostly DL games anyway.[/QUOTE]

Your PSP 2000 can have a lot of memory, too. Just buy a higher capacity Memory Stick, and you'll have all the memory you want for a fraction of the price of a PSP Go.

[quote name='georox']I dunno.. I spent like... 5 bucks on my HDMI cables.. including shipping, and I love my Go. It holds all of the important games it needs to hold with no need to carry a bunch of UMDs with me. It's so shiny too. :D It's almost more elitist than buying Apple products too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I love my Go as well. Its more comfortable to hold than the normal PSP and not needing to carry around UMD's is a huge plus. UMD's are just so flimsy.

The DL only doesnt really bother me anymore since I just make sure I buy games I know I really want instead of impulse buys.

[quote name='georox']I dunno.. I spent like... 5 bucks on my HDMI cables.. including shipping, and I love my Go. It holds all of the important games it needs to hold with no need to carry a bunch of UMDs with me. It's so shiny too. :D It's almost more elitist than buying Apple products too.[/QUOTE]

lawl. There is nothing more elitist than buying an apple product...unless it is perhaps using your PSPGo and your Apple product at the same time!

I want an iToilet with a touch-screen flusher and digital pixelated water so when I drop a steamer it can automatically twitter my 20 closest friends and let them know all about it. It could have some sort of "eye-toy" built in to the bowl that takes a snapshot of my latest trophy as it spirals down the drain. You could even time your dumps together with friends, and have an iToilet video chat so each of us could see the disgruntled look on the others' faces as we each power one out. All the while playing my PSPGo and loving it.

I cant wait for the future, please Apple don't let me down!

Seriously though, the Go's are pretty nice... They are smaller, lighter, and you dont have to carry around a bunch of extra crap, or have a big case, or anything like that. Thumbs up. :)

bread's done
Back