PSP GO worth it?

ohboy10451

Banned
Considering it can be found for around $70 now I am considering getting one. I will essentially use it at home to play PS games & a few psp games. I dont own a PS3 so this would be a chance to play some Sony franchises. I did own a Vita briefly and loved it but decided to get it again when theres a price drop and more games. Im think a GO would be a chance to build up my digital library until I get a Vita later on... I did purchase a PS+ sub when I had the vita so it is still active. Any thoughts?

In your case I'd say it probably is worth it as long as there are games you are willing to spend money on. Especially since the PSP can play PS1 games as well as minis and digital PSP games.

Might as well get a Vita right now since you would have a better time with it. You plan on dishing out $70, and that will be $70 you will lose when you buy a Vita, unless you are expecting a price drop greater than $70.

Keep in mind that the PSN store's selection of PS1 games is very limited*, so if you're buying it primarily to play PS1 games, then you should first check out a list of the current games on there before you make your PSP Go purchase.

Also note that custom firmwares can play virtually any PS1 game.

*assuming the selection is the same for PSP as it is on PS3, but I'm pretty sure it is.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Might as well get a Vita right now since you would have a better time with it. You plan on dishing out $70, and that will be $70 you will lose when you buy a Vita, unless you are expecting a price drop greater than $70.[/QUOTE]

But the Vita doesn't run PS1 games yet, and also can't play many PSP ones. I'd recomend a PSP now and Vita later when it gets more exclusives and a price cut.

[quote name='The Spoony Hou']But the Vita doesn't run PS1 games yet, and also can't play many PSP ones. I'd recomend a PSP now and Vita later when it gets more exclusives and a price cut.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's not true. The Vita can play over 340 PSP games right now, and that doesn't even include PS1 downloadable game support, which is coming soon. Other PSP games are being made available on a regular basis, so this total will go up in the future.

Personally I'd rather have a PSP-3000 than a PSP Go if you're set on a PSP system, just because of the larger screen, larger form factor, and it is really just as easy to hack. And Memory Card sticks can be gotten very cheaply these days.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Actually that's not true. The Vita can play over 340 PSP games right now, and that doesn't even include PS1 downloadable game support, which is coming soon. Other PSP games are being made available on a regular basis, so this total will go up in the future.[/QUOTE]

It's not true? 340 is what, half the games on PSP? That isn't many to me. So PS1 support is coming soon... From Sony, soon might be anything. I'd wait until it's done before buying a Vita.

Tc, your logic very strange to me. Your willing to spend $70 now while waiting for a price drop for the vita which will prob only be $50. They are releasing new psp games on the vita every week & ps1 support has been promised before the end of july.

Why would you get an inferior system and ultimately spend more money? Patience is a virtue. Also there are more then enough psp games on the vita to keep you busy. I understand it's only half of the psp library but come on, 50% of the games for about 5 years worth of games is not enough for you?

Also gta/rockstar psp games are coming to the vita next week.

[quote name='The Spoony Hou']It's not true? 340 is what, half the games on PSP? That isn't many to me. So PS1 support is coming soon... From Sony, soon might be anything. I'd wait until it's done before buying a Vita.[/QUOTE]

I think we've been trolled.

I don't think the PSP Go is garbage. It would be cool to find a working one in there.

Just give me Dual Shock 3 support on the PSP 2000/3000. Just also give me Dual Shock 3 support and TV out on the Vita and then I'll agree that the PSP Go is garbage.

I like the go. Picked one up a couple weeks ago. Psp games load so much faster than from umds. I also like the lighter weight. I picked up the vita a few days ago too. Right now, I play both about the same amount of time. The best thing on vita to me right now is Netflix.

Bought a cheap one off ebay, then bought 2 more mint ones. I think it's worth it, especially since I used my 2000 on it's last legs to rip my UMDs. Can you play Birth By Sleep on a Vita?

bread's done
Back