PSP Gran Turismo FREE With Every Purchase Of PSPgo {EU Folks Only}

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
FREE! Gran Turismo
For ten days only, SCEE will be giving away a copy of PSP Gran Turismo Edition with every new PSPgo – absolutely free! Gran Turismo on PSP offers the keys to more than 800 beautifully rendered cars, and the best tracks to race them on.

Register your new PSPgo on PlayStationNetwork and follow the simple instructions. But beware, the offer only runs from 1st to 10th October 2009! For full terms and conditions visit www.eu.playstation.com/pspgogtoffer

All you have to do is buy the PSPgo.

[quote name='hyunkim']psh... sony needs to offer 5 free games of my choice to get me to upgrade to the go.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think if you buy a PSPgo you get to have 2 free games to download from their list. Patapon is on there, as are a couple other decent games. Still pretty bad though, considering they should let you port over your entire UMD collection.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Well, I think if you buy a PSPgo you get to have 2 free games to download from their list. Patapon is on there, as are a couple other decent games. Still pretty bad though, considering they should let you port over your entire UMD collection.[/QUOTE]

again not for america.

I know, just saying. Not too bad of a deal for those in the EU, considering Gran Turismo looks to be very solid, but US folks and people with large UMD collections in general get screwed.

Does Sony feel that Europe hates digital distribution so much they have to bribe them to buy the PSP go? They get the free Gran Turismo and the 3 free downloadable games. They also got physical copies of Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty, Patapon 2, and Siren while the United States gets only downloads.

Does America like digital distribution any better? They need to understand that there need to be deals on this stuff or the gaming industry is going in the crapper. I was browsing the PSN Store earlier after it showed me an add for tons of new PSP titles online and I wound up looking at PS3 stuff as well, found NFL Head Coach 2009 for $49.99. Hell of a deal.

Yay, 1 free game for the chance to pay full retail price for games that you can never resell for the rest of the life of the system! Yay!

[quote name='raarar']Does America like digital distribution any better? They need to understand that there need to be deals on this stuff or the gaming industry is going in the crapper. I was browsing the PSN Store earlier after it showed me an add for tons of new PSP titles online and I wound up looking at PS3 stuff as well, found NFL Head Coach 2009 for $49.99. Hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

This whole digital distribution thing is just being done because it helps the publishers. They don't have to pay for real boxart, they don't have to make discs or cases, their development teams can even be smaller. The only person not liking the whole "eliminate hard copies" idea is the consumer.

We can't sell the game, we still have to pay full retail price (which means the publishers are making even more per copy) and we don't get the satisfaction of staring at our massive gaming collection.

this is the way its going from here on out gentlemen so get use to it. i got my psp go today i like it...do i like the idea of not having a box and copy of the game..no..but do i like carrying around a case full of games...no....its just easier for people on the...excuse me if i sound stupid...go

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The only person not liking the whole "eliminate hard copies" idea is the consumer.
[/QUOTE]
And the small Mom & Pop retailer who can't afford advanced registers that allow for POSA cards, and used game retailers, and small niche video stores (and a few small chains) that rented UMD games, and gamefly, and your mooch a friend who borrows them . . .

It's more than just the consumer.

You do not sound stupid. I just think that it will take awhile before they realize they need to throw better deals out or that a lot less games are going to sell. Plus at least with music you get the albums for a few bucks cheaper then the cd's. That does not seem to be the case with the games... Granted I know you have the trade off of deducting the amount it costs for the cases and artwork vs. bandwidth and storage space. But still. I think they are trying to push something ahead of it's time.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']And the small Mom & Pop retailer who can't afford advanced registers that allow for POSA cards, and used game retailers, and small niche video stores (and a few small chains) that rented UMD games, and gamefly, and your mooch a friend who borrows them . . .

It's more than just the consumer.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The used game market is totally gone (with the PSPgo) and that alone will take a hit on Gamestop. They seem so large nothing would affect them, but they thrive on used games and people willing to give them games for pennies on the dollar and then reselling them.

A lot of people are affected, and the main point is that the digital distribution thing is not something most gamers will like. Granted, some will, but the majority won't and will just have to settle for having a less enjoyable way to store/play games.

I realize you put EU in the title, but there is an actual section for regional/international deals. It may be better to put this there as international CAGs may not be as inclined to check the main deals forum.

THIS IS AWESOME BECAUSE I LIVE IN EUROPE, SO DO LOTS OF CAGERS. THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. NOT.

This thread sucks.

[quote name='gomikeoh']THIS IS AWESOME BECAUSE I LIVE IN EUROPE, SO DO LOTS OF CAGERS. THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. NOT.

This thread sucks.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: And no CAGers live in Europe? If a Mod could move this to the regional area though, as I may do more good there.

I don't know why people don't think there will be deals on games in the store. There are deals going on as we speak. They may not be as common as B&M deals or not as frequent, but they will happen. The best part about these deals is that stock is unlimited. Therefore, you don't have to worry about hoarders or generally missing the bus on the deal.

People really need to stop bringing up the "Wah, I can't resell my games" argument against digital distribution. Sure, that's a valid reason for you not to like or support DD, but Sony and the other video game developers couldn't care less if you can't sell your games. You're not going to keep DD from happening by complaining that you can't sell your games.

Another reason I like digital distribution is that games that were once out of print and being sold for exhorbitant amounts online are now being sold for decent prices on the PSN store. You no longer have to worry about a game being sold out and never being able to find a copy.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']And the small Mom & Pop retailer who can't afford advanced registers that allow for POSA cards, and used game retailers, and small niche video stores (and a few small chains) that rented UMD games, and gamefly, and your mooch a friend who borrows them . . .

It's more than just the consumer.[/QUOTE]
Yes it does concern retailers but guess what. Retailers are not guaranteed to have a future in game sales. Yea I said it :). Times change...

bread's done
Back