PSP: I'll have arthritis by the time I'm 40!

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!
Yikes, I finally got around to playing the system a bit last night...NFS Rivals for 3 hours in bed totally ruled.....when you can't sleep, but you're too damn tired to get up and do something..PSP to the rescue!

But I have to say it was hand-cramp city. I kept trying to find a perfect position and just couldn't do it. I hope someone makes a "nub" for that analog slider...its a cool idea but you really have to hold your thumb in a weird-ass position in use it correctly, or at least I do. Its a little too flat...

I picked up one of those logitech cases from gamestop, I think that will give it some more dimension, make it a little easier on the wrists.

Carpal Tunnel here I come.....

Oh yeah, the system is pretty sweet...amazing graphics for a handheld..after about 1/2 an hour I was really enjoying the control on NFS Rivals, looking forward to what 2nd and 3rd generaton games can do.

Yeah, if you think a little wrist pain is bad, you shouldn't buy Half-Life.

I played it and Half-Life and it's mods (including Counter-Strike) for thousands of hours. My doctor sure was pissed when he found out I was still playing it with wrist braces on.

If you want to be a gamer get used to it.

Most of the hand held systems have issues with extended periods of trying to hold all the buttons at one time like you would with a far more ergonomic controller. The best you can do is hold them confortably as you can and be prepared to reach for the unheld buttons when you need them.

Yeah I knew when I was playing Rivals that hittng the gas and Nitrous buttons at the same time was going to be tough.....I said "Lessee, maybe I can hire a monkey who can press the button for me on command when I need it. I'll feed him chips and he can sit on my shoulder untill I need to activate boost". :p

I kept saying to myself "Why doesn't the nitrous button act like an accellerator, why do I have to hit both!?!?!?!"

My hands and wrists are still on the sore side...but I'll be back again for more punishment later :)

This is my first handheld since my Lynx and Gamegear so...things have changed. When that Logitech case arrives I wonder if that will give me any relief.

[quote name='HeadRusch']I kept saying to myself "Why doesn't the nitrous button act like an accellerator, why do I have to hit both!?!?!?!"[/QUOTE]

Nitrous oxide reacts with the gas (makes it burn better than with regular air), if you let go of the accelerator it won't make you go faster.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Yikes, I finally got around to playing the system a bit last night...NFS Rivals for 3 hours in bed totally ruled.....when you can't sleep, but you're too damn tired to get up and do something..PSP to the rescue!

But I have to say it was hand-cramp city. I kept trying to find a perfect position and just couldn't do it. I hope someone makes a "nub" for that analog slider...its a cool idea but you really have to hold your thumb in a weird-ass position in use it correctly, or at least I do. Its a little too flat...

I picked up one of those logitech cases from gamestop, I think that will give it some more dimension, make it a little easier on the wrists.

Carpal Tunnel here I come.....

Oh yeah, the system is pretty sweet...amazing graphics for a handheld..after about 1/2 an hour I was really enjoying the control on NFS Rivals, looking forward to what 2nd and 3rd generaton games can do.[/QUOTE]

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?ca...23&PHPSESSID=cceffb3ddbfe96670b9cccd02b6c2347

Holy Crap..that just might do it :)

When some equivelent to those come stateside I'll have to look into that......

PS: Yeah, I understand how NO2 works :) Given the game however, a compromise for comfort could have been made.......or holding down 2 buttons to get the desired effect (just not THOSE two buttons)...or even pressing UP on the d pad..anything but where they put it.

I noticed the DS and the PSP are quite a bit heavier which doesn't help. It was funny when I picked up my GBA SP and thought man this thing is light!!!!

I personally like the weight, for some reason it makes it feel...eh...sturdy? Hard to explain.
I love the screen...playing in the dark about 8" away it was like having a little plasma screen in my hand. Kudos to Sony for really nailing the screen and widescreen display.

Props to Nintendo for its dual-screen stuff but otherwise I think the concept doesn't work unless you really do want to play games with a stylus or something.

I still like that "turn it into a dual shock" grip holder thing from the above link......thats a good idea and would probably solve alot of fatigue problems.

I play mine in the Logitech case, and that kinda helps... then it just gets more heavy...

I hope there is like a dual shock controller coming out that you can plug in the PSP... then you can put the psp in a stand and play from your desk... that be cool...

bread's done
Back