• AMAZON.COM
has only 10...
you bum

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='javeryh']link for the lazy?[/quote]
there are 18 keystrokes in what you typed out and
  • AMAZON.COM
has only 10...
you bum[/quote]

you're forgetting about clicking to submit, actually running the search on amazon.com, etc. OK, maybe now I could have looked it up myself but I just remembered I don't care.

[quote name='David85']Wow 5 shitty movies I wouldn't buy on DVD or any other format.[/quote]
You think House of Flying Daggers is a shitty movie? Wow.

[quote name='David85']Wow 5 shitty movies I wouldn't buy on DVD or any other format.[/quote]

I take it you haven't seen House of Flying Daggers :roll: .

Edit: Choice beat me to it :D

the whole UMD thing is D.O.A.

Why would i want to pay for a compressed version of what is available for the same price..

Please don't waste your time with this junk folks..

Hellboy was decent, you silly individual.

[quote name='gsr']the whole UMD thing is D.O.A.

Why would i want to pay for a compressed version of what is available for the same price..

Please don't waste your time with this junk folks..[/quote]

Gotta agree there, though.

[quote name='KaneRobot'][quote name='David85']Wow 5 shitty movies I wouldn't buy on DVD or any other format.[/quote]

Hellboy was decent, you silly individual.

[quote name='gsr']the whole UMD thing is D.O.A.

Please don't waste your time with this junk folks..[/quote]

Gotta agree there, though.[/quote]

Yeah, I liked hellboy. The movie seems to lose it's confidence much like hellboy himself halfway through the movie. But still, it was enjoyable.

yes...I wouldn't invest in umds either, but if there is a market for 30 min cartoons on the gba, then there probably is a market for umds for the psp.

[quote name='indy2029']yes...I wouldn't invest in umds either, but if there is a market for 30 min cartoons on the gba, then there probably is a market for umds for the psp.[/quote]

Damn skippy!!!

HoFD isn't 13$... it's listed as 21$ instead. That move DESERVES to be on a bigger screen, though. I'm snapping it up on DVD for my 40" LCD and 6.1 setup. It's promising to see a new release coming out in tandem with the DVD release.

While it is nicer to watch movies on a bigger screen, you can't always take a 55" TV with you in the car. The PSP is a great alternative. I for one am very excited about the movies on UMD.

Call me crazy, but I wasn't as impressed with HoFD. I thought the love story was a bit sloppily done.

It'll only be a matter of time before we start seeing audio albums on UMD format too...

OP, I thank you for your effort, rather than critique the deal.
I can't afford the PSP yet, but once I do, I may look for these. (INCOME TAX CHECK)

UMD's are definetly going to fade real quick. Who's going to pay upwards of $14 for a movie that you can get at a lesser price on DVD?! Agreed?

I just watched the Spider-Man 2 UMD that came with my value pack, I'm sold. Don't knock it until you see it yourself, it's amazing. Perfect for travling.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I just watched the Spider-Man 2 UMD that came with my value pack, I'm sold. Don't knock it until you see it yourself, it's amazing. Perfect for travling.[/quote]

I second this.

After watching Spidey 2 I was amazed, to say the least. Really does look nice and the psp screen is even nicer. I could def see myself picking up Umd's of my favorite movies. Now I agree that at $19.99 the price isn't right for me but $13.97 is more than fine to me after seeing the quality.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I just watched the Spider-Man 2 UMD that came with my value pack, I'm sold. Don't knock it until you see it yourself, it's amazing. Perfect for travling.[/quote]

From your posts about the PSP I think you were already sold.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='Chris in Cali']I just watched the Spider-Man 2 UMD that came with my value pack, I'm sold. Don't knock it until you see it yourself, it's amazing. Perfect for travling.[/quote]

From your posts about the PSP I think you were already sold.[/quote]

Yep, but the UMD thing I was kinda on the fence about, but if I can get them in the $9-$15 range then I going for it..... or at least with my absolute favorites. It certiantly won't replace my DVD player at home, not even close, but I'm going on a trip to Las Vegas in April, and it's going to be perfect for the car ride, and in the hotel room at night before bed. Hell, just yesterday I waited a good 45 minutes at the dentist, I wish I would have had it then. So far though, the only UMDs announced that I'll buy are Hellboy, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

For some reason, I thought they would maintain the original aspect ratio of Spider-man 2. When I watched my friend's UMD the first thing that pops up is the film has been modified. Big strike for me in my book.

whoa whoa..they're pan and scanning movies?!?

That's a major no no

come on, we're out of the VHS era

So did they take it from 2.35:1 and zoom it to fit the 1.78:1 frame?

This movie was shot super35, so they could've opened up the top and bottom and given you MORE picture.

bread's done
Back