PSP or iPod Touch

hec204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I recently got an iPod touch, I jailbroke it and I love it, but after seeing what the PSP can do it's making me rethink if I should just take it back and save myself the money and just get a PSP, I only really use the iPod for music and videos. But I do have a 30gb iPod 5g that just needs a quick fix, so that would make my iPod only usefull for running 3rd party apps, but those are limited and I only want to play emulators which are a PAIN because of the touch screen,
so I want to know what can the PSP do when it is modded? What kind of memory chip and accessories would I buy for it? Also how great is the web browser? Does it or can it support youtube? Looking forward to some responses, thanks.

Modded PSP's can play backuped PSP games, SNES and PSX games through an emulator.

You'll need a Memory Stick Pro Duo to store data, and probably a case/screen protector.

IMO the web browser sucks compared to the iPhone/iPod touches in the usability department. I don't think it plays flash either so no YouTube.

I have a iPhone and PSP, for music/movies/internet the iPhone wins. But if you already have an iPod the PSP mgiht be good if you want to expand into games.

The web browser kinda sucks. Especially if you're going to be comparing it to the iPhone/iPod touch. It's clunky and doesn't display many sites correctly. It also seems slow, but the iPhone/iPod might be just as slow - not sure.

As far as YouTube goes, I couldn't get it to work on the stock browser. However, if you're planning on modding your PSP, there's a homebrew application called PSPTube that seems to be regularly updated. I haven't tried it, so I can't speak to how good it is.

I haven't tried PSPTube in a while, but it used to work pretty well save for a few bugs. I'm sure it's improved by now.

Thanks for the replies, but how would I mod a brand new slim PSP? I heard you need to make a pandora's battery(what is it?) and use it to dowgrade from 3.90 to whatever you need. As for the internet, I realized that I really don't need it, most of the time I'm either at home or school, school doesn't have open wi-fi, and at home I can just use my PC.

i dont have a slim psp so I really cant say what the downgrading method entails, but there are plenty of websites that can help you in downgrading.My original psp is modded and its great. I dont think I can put any links of the websites here but if you're really interested then PM me.

I got the PSP and my friend helped me install the custom firmware on it, so i'm running 3.71 M33 now, but I don't know where to find apps now

I've been thinking of switching in the opposite direction. There just hasn't been many PSP games I have been interested in, and I found that I use the multimedia features of the PSP more than gaming. And for that I think the iPod Touch is a superior device- especially now that they have included the email and other web apps that the iPhone has.

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back