PSP price

At $299 there are going to be few takers. I'm sure it will see at first because it is made by Sony not Nokia. However, I refused to pay $299 for the Xbox and bought the Gamecube for $199 instead. I then got the Xbox at the $179 price drop. I expect when I can get the PSP in the bargain bin for less than $149 I may get one. But I am a cheapass so I may just buy the GBA instead. Hell I need it to play my cheap copy of FF:CC on the cube anyhow. :D (if it ever arrives)

It might be expensive, but so will Ninendo's DS.

If you had money, which you buy? Thats what its going to come down to and the DS looks dumb, like a vitrual boy 2 kinda dumb.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, I go as high as $399 for the PSP providing it was a full featured PDA too.

I didn't know that there was any released images of the Nintendo DD to comment on their looks.

No pictures of the DS or info on any games has been released.

It looks like the PSP will be from $300 to $400 to start, this is from market experts, nothing official from Sony. I believe the DS is supposed to start around $200.

The PSP is going to be very expensive for a handheld, even the DS is pricey when compared to the GBA-SP for only $99.

We should know more at E3.

Didn't the President of EA say he expected $199 - $249 for the PSP? That sounds more reasonable. Sony seems too savvy to produce a $300 - $400 machine. It's true that there would be some takers, but can you imagine a non-enthusiast paying that much? And if Sony wants to make this machine as ubiquitous as the PS2, they're going to need the mass market. Of course, we still don't know how the system will be marketed, if there will be different versions with more or less features, add-ons at launch to turn the machine into a PDA, etc.

I've heard that they're shooting for $199. Whether or not they will be able to actually release it at that price remains to be seen.

[quote name='vshekar']Didn't the President of EA say he expected $199 - $249 for the PSP? That sounds more reasonable. Sony seems too savvy to produce a $300 - $400 machine. It's true that there would be some takers, but can you imagine a non-enthusiast paying that much? And if Sony wants to make this machine as ubiquitous as the PS2, they're going to need the mass market. Of course, we still don't know how the system will be marketed, if there will be different versions with more or less features, add-ons at launch to turn the machine into a PDA, etc.[/quote]

Its all about brainwashing the consumers. Can you imagine paying $300-400 for an MP3 player? Well it sure worked for the Ipod. Plus, its Sony. Sony means expensive.

Its all specualation until Sony and Nintendo release the official msrp. the PSP could be $59 for all we really know. All I know for fure is that $150 is my limit for a handheld and $300 is my limit for a console. Until they reach that price I won't even consider it. Once they do then I look at the games to see if I want at least one.

I guess I'd pay $300 for the PSP. But, if it had email or chat, then I probably would buy it immediately. BUT, IF IT HAD INTERNET, I WOULD SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO BUY IT RIGHT WHEN IT CAME OUT. When I say internet, I mean a web browser.

[quote name='DRJ555']Its all specualation until Sony and Nintendo release the official msrp. the PSP could be $59 for all we really know. All I know for fure is that $150 is my limit for a handheld and $300 is my limit for a console. Until they reach that price I won't even consider it. Once they do then I look at the games to see if I want at least one.[/quote]

Yeah, except its not going to be $59. It will be expensive, and it will be cool.

I've heard I'll kinds of numbers as low as 150 and as high as 400 . I figure it will retail for $299. My big question is how much the games will cost? Will they be around $30 like the Gameboy or $50 like PS2 game. Personally I think I'll be wait at least a year before I even consider buying one. I figure by then they will drop the price and their libary of game will be better by then. Till then I'm very happy with my GBA-SP

Retailers are anticipating a $299 pricepoint for the PSP and $199 for the DS. That is what the preorders are currently listed as in EBgames stores.

bread's done
Back