PSP Scammer?

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
I cant decide whether this is real or a scammer. The person good feedback (57 positives, 2 negatives, but seller claims problem was due to Hurricane Katrina). They are selling the PSP's new for $160+15 s&h.

From what i said above, it sounds like the perfect deal. BUT. I notice that on this auction, and this auction alone, the seller is not accepting paypal . Only check/mo/bidpay. Does the fact that the seller accepts paypal on all the other auctions except this one mean that its a scam?

Is there anyway to get your money back from Bidpay if i decided to use that, and they dont send the item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8223325224

Well his paypal account could be frozen now due to the 2 complaints, which would make sense with his ability to accept bilpay payments.

$150 is a lot to lose though.

Regardless of whether or not this auction is a scam, never use BidPay. You cannot get your money back. I used them once and the user became suspended from eBay, and stopped contacting me. I contacted BidPay to cancel the payment and all they would do was send an email to me and the seller asking the sellers permission to cancel. And your CC will not help since you paid for a M/O and got it, so no fraud there.

I would not be suspicious of someone not using Paypal in general, but for just one auction, seems very odd. Maybe he wants to save fees on a higher priced item (assuming his other auctions are cheap), but I would not chance it.

The price is $90 (35%) off of gaming hardware. Just so you know, these devices have a wholesale price about the same as retail so the seller would be taking a huge loss. They may just be stolen, but I would not risk my money.

yea, it smells fishy, the paypal account isnt frozen, they're using it on 3 other auction lots they have going right now. Oh well, guess ill keep looking. I really do want one of those white ones, maybe i should just wait...

Most likely stolen. Thieves around here have been having a field day in some stores stealing iPod's and I imagine eBay would be their best avenue to get quick cash selling them.

dear scammer:

hello. im intrested in purchasing one of your psp bundles, however, ive noticed that youve sold well over 100 units of this item in the past week. couple this with the fact that you do not accept paypal(one of the most secure ways to pay for an itme) on this auction (though you do on other auctions of yours, this for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6434543102 ) and also, you do not have an actual image of the product, you only have a generic stock image.

so please let me ask how you the buyer can make me comfortable in this purchase? $175 is alot of money to be out, and this too good to be true kinda deal just sets off alarms.

would a pickup be possible? ill be driving through alabama next week, it would save you the time of shipping and ebay fees, and would save me the $15, that sounds pretty win win. butif your town is too far out of my way, im still intrested in how you can gurantee me my product will reach me, since this auction looks a bit iffy.

I echo the bidpay comments. Someone all of a sudden has tons of Ipods and PSP below market when they only sold DVD's before screams of scam...

Thanks for everyone's help. I decided to go with the guy on YAhoo with 29 positives, and accepts paypal. $185 was the final price, not bad for a new PSP. ill let everyone know when (or if) i receive it.

I put this item on my watch list, going to see what kind of feedback he is going to get after the auction has ended, want to see if he actually ends up sending them out or not.

yea, there are a lot of scammers out there making fake official bidpay addresses, most from nigeria, i fell for this(i was the seller) so i was screwed, really sucks, just hope no one else gets stuck in the same situation i did

[quote name='Quackzilla']If you have no problem with accepting stolen goods then go aheads and buy it.[/QUOTE]

How do u know its stolen? And not a fraud?

BTW hes not a registered user anymore.

Yea, i noticed the guy is now no longer on ebay. Guess i dont have to worry about it then

Just because its cheap doesnt mean it was stolen. With Gratis's freepsp's program. as long as you can do one referral for yourself, you can pay 5 other people $10-20 each to do a referral for you. Therefore you are only paying $50-100 for a PSP. The reason why i didnt do that is because there is supposedly a long wait time, and if it took longer than the trial, and someone unsubscribed from it, i'd be SOL.

There was a guy selling PS2's & Xbox's new for $70, he had nothing but positve feedbacks on the items.

bread's done
Back