PSP System

Fat ones, I think, are only going to be on places like eBay.

Here is a link for fat PSPs: Click

As for me, I waited for one of the coupons to roll around at Dell.com and bought a PSP 2000 for something like $135 and still had to by a flash memory and a cover. You can get better deals on a 1000 with everything at the link I provided.

i've been looking around online, and just have a quick question.

bb is offering a free game (one of the following three) GoW: Chains of Olympus, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, or Socom: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 Greatest Hits with the purchase of a core psp 3000. You also get a free Sony traveler case when you buy it. Is that even a worthwhile deal to consider?

and on top of that, do you have to use a official psp memory stick, or can you substitute an off brand product memory stick?

It depends on if you are interested in any of those games. Remember the 3000 has a slight problem with the screen. Story here.

If you can get over the interlacing problems and want a free game then yeah I guess thats a fine deal. But Amazon has the 2000 model (some consider it better than the 3000 because of the 3000's screen issues) for $154.99 with no tax (depending on your state?). That is a better deal to me, because then I can decide to get any game I want (with the money Ive saved), and with some CAG lurking, I could possibly get a very cheap game I want.

Basically: BestBuy deal is $169.99 + Tax (6.75% in NC) = $181.46 with a free game. Now Amazon, $154.99 + no tax + free shipping = $154.99 with no game but I've saved $26.47 from not buying it at BestBuy and can now get a game worth even more than any of those three games (which all retail for $19.99), plus you are getting the 2000 which has no interlacing issues...

Also, you dont need to use an official Sony memory stick. I bought a 2GB SanDisk from Newegg.com for only $7 or $11 I cant remember.

I just upgraded to the PSP-3000 and have my 1000 unit available if anyone is interested. Great condition with one exception...the memory stick slot isn't doing a great job of "sticking". I would recommend replacing it (I've seen kits on eBay for under $10), but a little bit of TLC can get the memory stick to, well, stick as is. Clean screen and two batteries if interested send a PM.

bread's done
Back