PSP ver. 2.0 can play homebrew

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Ive been away from the scene for a while, so forgive me if this a repost. As you all know, with the release of games like GTA: LS, Socom: BT and Lord of the Rings, you cant use version changer to play the games on your 1.5 psp.

This has left me pretty sad, i own GTA and socom but i really like to play emulators on my psp and i dont want to lose that....and then i found this

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=25723

A great tutorial showing how you can upgrade to 2.0....and still play emulators. It doesnt play ISOs but hey you guys shouldnt be using those anyway :p

I myself cant wait to get home this weekend so i can do it to my psp. Socom + emulators for the win!

[quote name='62t']not enough as Irregular Hunter X needs 2.5
Get a GP2X for emulaton. It can even run psx ganes,[/QUOTE]

wait what do you mean?

[quote name='shadylane']wait what do you mean?[/QUOTE]
the newest release, Irregular Hunter X, needs 2.5 to work.
If emulation is a concern, get a GP2X.

[quote name='62t']the newest release, Irregular Hunter X, needs 2.5 to work.
If emulation is a concern, get a GP2X.[/QUOTE]

ohhh gotcha so how do i get a GP2x and what does it do?

Thanks for the link. I upgraded for Socom a few weeks ago and wasn't able to get the information on this at PSPForums so I never really messed with it.

GP2X is great and all, but $189 is alot of money. Although with the openness of the GP2X the emulators will probably be more highly optimized.

Can anyone tell me if Burnout requires firmware > 1.50?

[quote name='b3b0p']GP2X is great and all, but $189 is alot of money. Although with the openness of the GP2X the emulators will probably be more highly optimized.

Can anyone tell me if Burnout requires firmware > 1.50?[/QUOTE]You can use a version changer for Burnout.

[quote name='b3b0p']I'll take that as yes, greater than 1.50 firmware required.[/QUOTE]

yes it is. I used to use version changer but all i want is emulators. I know a lot of cags only use the old school emulators(rather own authentic psp games than download ISOs) so its the best of both worlds.

thanks OP, this was relatively painless to setup, much easier than I would've thought. this is my first time dealing with psp homebrew though, is it safe to set the clock speed to 333? I know early on there was speculation that this could possibly be harmful to your PSP, but was that just baseless speculation? thanks.

[quote name='62t']not enough as Irregular Hunter X needs 2.5
Get a GP2X for emulaton. It can even run psx ganes,[/QUOTE]

Nope, wrong. If you have a PSP, just play emu's on it. The GP2x is useless if you have a PSP to play emu's on. As for the GP2X playing psx games...........it is true, but they are unplayable. So if you buy one planning on playing PSX games..........then you will be in for a suprise.

Thanks for the info....I may update to 2.0, but we'll see. My GTA:LCS is STILL sealed....I haven't even played my PSP lately anyways.

Ever since a GBC emulator fried one of my 256 mem sticks I've stayed away from the homebrew circuit. It was fun while it lasted though. Oh well, maybe I'll pick up midway arcade treasures when it drops in price so I can get my old school on.

[quote name='sanjuro']thanks OP, this was relatively painless to setup, much easier than I would've thought. this is my first time dealing with psp homebrew though, is it safe to set the clock speed to 333? I know early on there was speculation that this could possibly be harmful to your PSP, but was that just baseless speculation? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Dont know of anyone who has had problems yet, including me. Glad i could help all you guys out, and Merry Christmas ^_^

bread's done
Back