PSP Warranty Help

clockworkvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I checked a few threads about this in the PSP section and I couldn't find anything about it... Basically, I'm giving in a getting a PSP because I have some birthday money I can use. I want to buy it at Bestbuy and get the warranty for 39.99. However, I don't understand a couple of things. Do I just return it in up to two years and they give me credit towards something else? Or do I exchange the PSP for a new one? Also does anyone know if target sells a 1 year or 2 year warranty?

I feel like spending 250 is a lot, and if something does occur later on, I want to be able to get a new one or have the credit. What are your thoughts?

Personally I prefer EBs warranty if you have one around you. Its pretty close in price ($24.99 for 1 year), but EBs covers physical damage i.e. dropping it. Best Buy's does not and will only cover you if something goes wrong outside of physical damage.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Personally I prefer EBs warranty if you have one around you. Its pretty close in price ($24.99 for 1 year), but EBs covers physical damage i.e. dropping it. Best Buy's does not and will only cover you if something goes wrong outside of physical damage.[/QUOTE]

Will BB give me store credit though, rather than a new one?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Personally I prefer EBs warranty if you have one around you. Its pretty close in price ($24.99 for 1 year), but EBs covers physical damage i.e. dropping it. Best Buy's does not and will only cover you if something goes wrong outside of physical damage.[/QUOTE]

and, i will never get another system at eb as long as i live...their warranties suck.

$25.00 + tax for 1 year, but, after the 2 weeks of normal returns at the store you would have to use your warranty...and, if you use your warranty on a broken system, say 5 weeks after you get the system, you have to pay the $25 again to have a warranty on your new exchanged system

[quote name='tholly']and, i will never get another system at eb as long as i live...their warranties suck.

$25.00 + tax for 1 year, but, after the 2 weeks of normal returns at the store you would have to use your warranty...and, if you use your warranty on a broken system, say 5 weeks after you get the system, you have to pay the $25 again to have a warranty on your new exchanged system[/QUOTE]

Is this true for the one at BB?

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Is this true for the one at BB?[/QUOTE]

im not sure about best buys policy

electronic boutiques policy on the other hand does suck terribly

did you try gamestop?? i dont know about their policy either

Well, since I didn't get too much input I looked it up some more on the web. So far the best deal I've found is to buy a Target 2 Year Product Protection Plan for 20 bucks. You can only get it online, apparently, since when I asked about it tonight they had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, they offer two years for that price because its only for malfunctioning products. But, if something does go wrong you get a giftcard with the amount of money you originally paid.

bread's done
Back