PSPGo $99.99 - Walmart

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
img0380kup.jpg

Doesn't seem like a clearance price, so it should be that price everywhere.

Sort of tempting. Another $20 or $30 off and I'd probably bite, especially if I could find one of the ones that included a few games.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I didn't realize there were any left![/QUOTE]

Yeah. You'll be hard pressed to find them.

[quote name='bmachine']I can't seem to find the PSP Go on Walmart.com. Anyone got a link?[/QUOTE]

This is Canada. Derp.

That pic was taken in Aurora Ontario if someone is trying to track one down.

Benefits of the PSPGo

1. Can be hooked up to the TV
2. Can use a PS3 controller with it
3. Can be jailbroken for "homebrew"

The Source is also selling them for $99.96.

I wonder how many retailers still have these things sitting on their shelves. I believe they were the same price earlier this year at Staples/BBV/EB. With Wal-mart and The Source now clearing them out I wonder if we'll ever see these at a lower price since most retailers either got rid of their stock, or already sold their discounted units.

Black- http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...=Online&category=PSP_Consoles&product=5810599
White- http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...=Online&category=PSP_Consoles&product=5810601

[quote name='Eoyote']The Source is also selling them for $99.96.

I wonder how many retailers still have these things sitting on their shelves. I believe they were the same price earlier this year at Staples/BBV/EB. With Wal-mart and The Source now clearing them out I wonder if we'll ever see these at a lower price since most retailers either got rid of their stock, or already sold their discounted units.

Black- http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...=Online&category=PSP_Consoles&product=5810599
White- http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...=Online&category=PSP_Consoles&product=5810601[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Zeller's will have them at $199 for another year. Then they'll bin them for $20.

[quote name='kedawa']I'm sure Zeller's will have them at $199 for another year. Then they'll bin them for $20.[/QUOTE]

Zellers doesn't exist past January...

[quote name='eataburger']Zellers doesn't exist past January...[/QUOTE]
I thought some are being sold off, some are staying and some are morphing into Target? I don't really follow this stuff so I'm probably wrong.

If you've been a PSN plus member for a while, you instantly have about 20 to 25 PS1 and Mini titles. The PSPGO had it's problems, but it's still a good system.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']
3. Can be jailbroken for "homebrew"[/QUOTE]
Is it as simple as PSP-1000 or -2000 CFW now? I updated my 2000 to OFW and didn't want to bother downgrading back. But if PSPgo is as easy and open as the older models than I might get one for CFW and keep my 2000 as a UMD player.

I'm pretty sure the Go isn't 1000/2000 simple. But AFAIK it shouldn't matter, hackers figured out how to sign your "homebrew" applications so they run on official firmware.

I snagged one of these from The Source to gift my brother for Christmas, and the CSRs made a interesting sales pitch for the extended warranty. The warranty is $50 and includes replacement of "broken" systems. And well, they aren't going to have any PSPs other than the Vita in a short while... So yeah, if you find a cool CSR you can get a Vita for $150. I didn't bite on the deal, counting on a extended warranty to pay off is a gamble.

[quote name='Mr.']Is it as simple as PSP-1000 or -2000 CFW now? I updated my 2000 to OFW and didn't want to bother downgrading back. But if PSPgo is as easy and open as the older models than I might get one for CFW and keep my 2000 as a UMD player.[/QUOTE]

Download custom firmware, install custom firmware... Done.

It was really THAT easy.

Any thoughts on where to get a Memory Stick Micro here in Canada that DOESN'T cost more than the system itself? Everywhere I look a 16GB is around $100+. I hate Sony`s proprietary BS!

[quote name='Eoyote']Any thoughts on where to get a Memory Stick Micro here in Canada that DOESN'T cost more than the system itself? Everywhere I look a 16GB is around $100+. I hate Sony`s proprietary BS![/QUOTE]

Maybe order from an international shipper in the amazon.com Marketplace? You could get one for around $32US or so...

[quote name='kedawa']I would think the 16GB of internal memory would be plenty.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, but I wouldn't say it's plenty. Games are usually several hundred MB, especially those multi-disc PSone Classics that are around 1 GB. It's still a lot better than Nintendo and how they handled the Wii/fridge, but I would prefer 32 GB as a norm.

[quote name='ragnar14']I'm pretty sure the Go isn't 1000/2000 simple. But AFAIK it shouldn't matter, hackers figured out how to sign your "homebrew" applications so they run on official firmware.

I snagged one of these from The Source to gift my brother for Christmas, and the CSRs made a interesting sales pitch for the extended warranty. The warranty is $50 and includes replacement of "broken" systems. And well, they aren't going to have any PSPs other than the Vita in a short while... So yeah, if you find a cool CSR you can get a Vita for $150. I didn't bite on the deal, counting on a extended warranty to pay off is a gamble.[/QUOTE]

Did he GUARANTEE the Vita replacement, or is this just an assumption?

bread's done
Back