PSPgo clearanced at 199.00 at Walmart- YMMV

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Very interesting to see what Sony will do with the second gen pspgo.[/QUOTE]

I think they should probably make it a bit bigger for those of us with bigger hands and increase the battery life. Overall, making it bigger (including screen size) would make the button placement less awkward and more enjoyable for consumers.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Very interesting to see what Sony will do with the second gen pspgo.[/QUOTE]

Turn it into the PSP-4000 and forget the Go ever existed.

[quote name='riddler']I think they should probably make it a bit bigger for those of us with bigger hands and increase the battery life. Overall, making it bigger (including screen size) would make the button placement less awkward and more enjoyable for consumers.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, maybe also add a drive so that you could buy physical games, yeah that's the ticket.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Even at 150, in the long run you will lose your lunch paying full msrp for all of the software.[/QUOTE]
It depends if multiple people in your house would have/use a PSP, because you could share digital versions but not really UMDs.

I'd suggest adding a UMD drive.

[quote name='riddler']I think they should probably make it a bit bigger for those of us with bigger hands and increase the battery life. Overall, making it bigger (including screen size) would make the button placement less awkward and more enjoyable for consumers.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious. Have those of you that think it is too small used it for any duration? I thought I might feel the same due to my big hands, but I find the layout surprisingly comfortable.

As for the small screen, I can accept that since it takes up so much less room in my pocket. I realize I'm in the very small minority of people that is pleased with the device, though.

FWIW, all three of the Walmarts in Columbia, MO haven't carried these in ages. I don't know if that's true elsewhere, but it sure is the case here.

I had a $80 giftcard a while ago, and figured I'd consider getting a PSP. When I realized none of them had a Go, it grabbed my interest. I tend to check out the games whenever I'm there, and to this day, I have yet to see a Go.

make it an ipod go.

[quote name='SimaYi']Even at $200 it hardly feels like a clearance.[/QUOTE]

It is a clearance alright...

Of your wallet!

Bad joke aside I refuse to buy a PSPGo at all because of the horrible pricing of games off PSN.
Full MSRP vs instore discounts with manual, case, and extras. No contest at all over which one is the better buy.

I will most like wait for the PSP2...but may consider a PSP go if it drops below 99.99...probably not likely though..

Oh yeah, because we all knew this was such a great idea, right? right? :)

One of the few times Consumers spoke out against the big 3 with their wallets (and it seems they have "somewhat" admitted defeat). Was in GS a month ago and an employee actually talked a mom out of getting one. Hopefully, this will push full/total Digital Distribution consoles/handhelds back a couple more years.

I might take a crack at it for $150. I already have a CFW PSP 2000 but a PSPgo and FFVII through FFIX, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears on the go for $200 is a price I can live with (assuming the last 3 games make it to PSN). Tested out the PSPgo at Best Buy and the difference in portability is quite worth it compared to the PSP 2000. Like going from a regular iPod to a nano.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Maybe $99...[/QUOTE]

This is my point price too, I really don't care about this though, if I never get one I won't lose a wink. It was just a horrible idea at it's current MSRP.

They should price the PSPGo the same as the 3000. That way, people can choose between UMD drive and larger screen or better portability and 16GB of memory. I want a PSPGo but even $200 seems like a bit too much.

As for the cost of UMDs vs PSN downloads, the downloadable games can actually be cheaper if you share your account with other people. Price is not an issue for me with the games. What sucks is that not every game is available on PSN for download.

Make every UMD game available on PSN and lower the price of the Go to match the 3000 and I'll bite.

My guess is that this may have something to do with the "relaunch" that many sites have been reporting. I think the assumption is that there will be a price cut as part of that reluanch. Perhaps Walmart is just getting a head start on the new pricing.

being a ture psp supporter, I think the time for the PSP is up. Every week we've been getting an article (from IGN mainly) about how the PSP isn't living up to expectations, sales, or consumers..also, when was the last 'killer app' besides GT (which failed miserably..)? For something to thrive, we need games that get us pumped up! the last one I truly remember getting hype was GoW:CoO (2 years ago!) which can now be had for practically $10.

I certainly hope they don't discontinue the Go and if we're lucky enough to see a true PSP'2', then I hope it can take some cues from the wonderful Go!

but get this at $199 or $149 and you won't regret it. It will hold up for forever (like all sony prodcuts) and you will get use from it everyday!

[quote name='token2k6']being a ture psp supporter, I think the time for the PSP is up. Every week we've been getting an article (from IGN mainly) about how the PSP isn't living up to expectations, sales, or consumers..also, when was the last 'killer app' besides GT (which failed miserably..)? For something to thrive, we need games that get us pumped up! the last one I truly remember getting hype was GoW:CoO (2 years ago!) which can now be had for practically $10.

I certainly hope they don't discontinue the Go and if we're lucky enough to see a true PSP'2', then I hope it can take some cues from the wonderful Go!

but get this at $199 or $149 and you won't regret it. It will hold up for forever (like all sony prodcuts) and you will get use from it everyday![/QUOTE]

Haven't used my PSP for months and months. Played all the games I've wanted to and nothing worth buying has come out recently and it doesn't look like it will either.

I think Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has the potential to sell a ton of systems by itself. It has been a huge success over in Japan and we should be getting an NA release date sometime soon.

[quote name='Dahk']I think Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has the potential to sell a ton of systems by itself. It has been a huge success over in Japan and we should be getting an NA release date sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

When has any of those Japanese RP games ever sold a ton of systems by itself? I can't really think of any...

If the PSP gets down to $149 new, I'm gonna buy one... As long as BB screws up and gives us some free games in the coming couple of months...

bread's done
Back