PSPgo Now $69.99 Used @ GameStop

Untamed Sorrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
They have all PSP used on sale now. Ckeck their web site: www. gamestop.com
PSP 1000 - $59.99
PSP 2000 - $69.99
PSP 3000 - $79.99

Actually the PSPgo(s) might actually be new. I know at least at my GameStop, the new PSPgo(s) were opened and immediately placed in a pre-owned container, so they can get the new ones out of inventory...

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How good do the PSP games look when used through component cables? It doesn't do true full screen, right?[/QUOTE]

They'll normally be letterboxed (Black bars on both the sides and top of the screen), but many TVs have a Zoom feature that lets you enlarge it. The Playstation 3 Display even has a specific PSP mode that automatically scales the image from a PSP to full screen.

Otherwise, they look decent. The resolution the games run at is about half-way between a Playstation 1 and Playstation 2.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I was about to try to buy a go and then I just remembered that I already have a vita.[/QUOTE]

I also have a Vita but the Go has so much more going on with 16gb of internal and full access to the psone & psp library, tv output plus PS3 controller compatibility...

Kind of want to upgrade from my FAT PSP to a GO for more portability and more space, but at the same time I want a Vita now because of all the stuff being posted about P4 Golden.

I want this but I don't want a used handheld. Is there a way to tell if the handheld is actually used or new but then opened by employees?

I broke my old phat model last year when the memory card slot broke and I took it apart out of boredom.

At this price this is really tempting...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I also have a Vita but the Go has so much more going on with 16gb of internal and full access to the psone & psp library, tv output plus PS3 controller compatibility...[/QUOTE]

The only thing that has me lusting after the go is the ps3 controller input. I don't know what they didn't put this on the vita especially with cross play games like MLB.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I want this but I don't want a used handheld. Is there a way to tell if the handheld is actually used or new but then opened by employees?[/QUOTE]

When the PS2 consoles were converted to used, my local stores didn't bother with taking them out of the factory box and putting them in the used box. I was able to get a new PS2 sealed for $40. What I did was go in and ask for a new one, still rang up the same. I'm going to try this with this deal also. YMMV.

[quote name='Invicta 61']When the PS2 consoles were converted to used, my local stores didn't bother with taking them out of the factory box and putting them in the used box. I was able to get a new PS2 sealed for $40. What I did was go in and ask for a new one, still rang up the same. I'm going to try this with this deal also. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I might look into this because I wanted to grab one for a while as well. I sure do love older technology. My HP Touchpad comes to mind. ;)

[quote name='Invicta 61']When the PS2 consoles were converted to used, my local stores didn't bother with taking them out of the factory box and putting them in the used box. I was able to get a new PS2 sealed for $40. What I did was go in and ask for a new one, still rang up the same. I'm going to try this with this deal also. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that might be worth checking out. I really shouldn't be spending money though.

I'm wanting to get a PSP 3000, I already have a GO from Target clearance. I want the 3000 because I can pick up UMDs cheaper than buying games online.

[quote name='kouleefoh']People are still trying to sell this thing for $100-150 on craigslist lol[/QUOTE]
If they're truly new/sealed, they should be able to get that price too. I sold one for $170 on Amazon. Moreover, just look at eBay prices for new/sealed Go's. They are in the same range.

Very tempting. Which of the UMD models would be the best to look for? I skipped over these almost completely and have little knowledge of the differences/specs.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Will that GameStop coupon for $10 off $19.99 or more work with this? I'm kind of interested.[/QUOTE]

Not unless the system is listed as a game in their computers. Even then you'd have to get a pretty lenient cashier to wanna allow it on something that it's clearly not for.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they're truly new/sealed, they should be able to get that price too. I sold one for $170 on Amazon. Moreover, just look at eBay prices for new/sealed Go's. They are in the same range.[/QUOTE]
used

I still prefer a PSP 3000's buttons to the GO. The seem kind of too compact on the GO. I wouldn't mind getting one if they ever hit 50 though.

This is definitely worth trying. Someone said they used one of those $10 off preowned coupons on a used ps2. It might work for this too but ymmv of course with the employee accepting it on a console.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I also have a Vita but the Go has so much more going on with 16gb of internal and full access to the psone & psp library, tv output plus PS3 controller compatibility...[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly. I'm really happy with my vita but i've always had my eye on the go. might have to bite on this one

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !![/QUOTE]

Is this price instore? Their website shows $80.

[quote name='kouleefoh']used[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Used is a whole other beast, but if you're lucky and grab one of these now these may well be systems that were in the system as NEW just a week ago. Just like with the PS2 slim conversion over to used though, you have to get there within the next day or two to try and get one sealed IF this is a conversion to used of the PSPGo systems.

[quote name='tmly']Is this price instore? Their website shows $80.[/QUOTE]

^I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm guessing $80 for a refurbished model (That's what I see on Gamestop's website) and $70 for a used model.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Used is a whole other beast, but if you're lucky and grab one of these now these may well be systems that were in the system as NEW just a week ago. Just like with the PS2 slim conversion over to used though, you have to get there within the next day or two to try and get one sealed IF this is a conversion to used of the PSPGo systems.[/QUOTE]

I know the conversion for PS2 slims was recent, but thought I heard that the PSP Go followed shortly already. I could be mistaken.

I'd love to find me a PSP Go at $70 because I missed out on all those other deals on PSP Go models from like Sears and Target a long time ago.

Hopefully, I'll finally find one used! That will hold me over until the PSP Go features are adopted by the Vita. Features like TV output and Dual Shock 3 support for at least PSP games.

Now with Bluetooth feature of the PSP Go, any recommendations for Bluetooth stereo (two speaker) headphones?

Was there any other colors besides black and white? I so would like a PSP Go that was metallic green like the PSP 3000 Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Bundle.

I have a 2000 and play on my TV through component cables, and it is great. Even though it's windowed it's still a great way to play. So many good jrpg's on the PSP, a must for a fan of the genre! Speaking of the vita, I sure hope they implement TV out with that mystery port on the top!

probably going to pick one up because my vita screen just cracked (the inner screen did while i was asleep and it was sitting on my desk....i wokeup and the screen was cracked, and the picture was weird and got worse throughout the day until the screen wouldn't turn on)

so its $129 just to fix the vita, but ima wait on it since vita doesnt even have that many great games, id rather get the go, hack it and put some snes games on there, plus i have some psp and ps1 games already bought through psn

I already have a vita. The only one that I could see getting any use out of is the 3000, cause of the cheap umd's. The internal 16 gb is tempting on the go, but I already have a 32, and a 8 gb card for my vita, so I don't know if I would ever use either one. What do you think?

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I already have a vita. The only one that I could see getting any use out of is the 3000, cause of the cheap umd's. The internal 16 gb is tempting on the go, but I already have a 32, and a 8 gb card for my vita, so I don't know if I would ever use either one. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

If you have PSP and/or PSOne games purchased on PSN then the Go is worth it.

It's the 'most' portable gaming system out there and for 70 bucks I'd say it's worth it alone to play PSOne games on it.

And if anyone is worried about the 16gb size I have:
FF Tactics, Crash Team Racing, Yggdra Union, Xenogears, Blazing Souls, Chrono Cross, FF 9, Resident Evil 2, Suikoden, FF Origins and Vagrant Story and I still have 7.6 gigs left.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If you have PSP and/or PSOne games purchased on PSN then the Go is worth it.

It's the 'most' portable gaming system out there and for 70 bucks I'd say it's worth it alone to play PSOne games on it.

And if anyone is worried about the 16gb size I have:
FF Tactics, Crash Team Racing, Yggdra Union, Xenogears, Blazing Souls, Chrono Cross, FF 9, Resident Evil 2, Suikoden, FF Origins and Vagrant Story and I still have 7.6 gigs left.[/QUOTE]
I only have the LBP PSP game that was a freebie from the PSN hacking, that 5 in 1 Mini with pool and 4 other games and one other title on mine right now.

I really should download the rest of those free PSP games from the hacking incident, since I was able to get all of them cuz I had 3 accounts on my system at the time of the hacking.;)

[quote name='mewman13']http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sony...-88-ffff2412&loc=preownedpspplatform_row4_col

According to this link, the PSP 1,2,3000 are $50,60,70 preowned respectively but I do not see a preowned PSP go listing on the website. I've been thinking about getting a new PSP since my old 1001 has the floating analog stick issue that makes it incredibly hard to manoeuvre properly in any game.[/QUOTE]

Here you go:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/pspgo-system-recharged-refurbished/90578

I can vouch that it's most likely $69.99 in store. The refurbished ones were always $10 more than the "used" ones. I remember when I bought one at $99.99 in store the refurb version on the site was $110.

As for the GO itself...it's definitely worth it at this price point. The form factor is absolutely awesome. It takes some getting use to the smaller size but I'm no longer crazy about the PSP-1000-2000-3000 because of the GO. Too loud with the spinning disc and moving parts.

I have a VITA but the GO is a great system to bring along and not realize you have it...very pocket friendly.

I can now confirm this deal. I went to my local gamestop (east-west commons in austell, GA) and asked if they had converted new pspgo to used, but the associate didn't know anything about that. But he did tell me the Go is $69 and turned around and grabbed one in a bag off the wall behind the counter. It seems like its in great condition, maybe not used much. The old owner left his account login on it though...

I got the 1 year warranty with it so $70 for the system + $10 warranty + tax came out to $85.

After reading the near universal panning that Steel Battalion received, I decided I'm going to cancel my paid in full preorder for it at Gamestop and pick up a PSPGo. Just have to wait till I get off work to pick it up.

I want to pick up one of these but I had the original psp and rarely used it. Is this better or is the library more extensive? Or will this be obsolete soon? Thanks.

I've been wanting a PSPgo for the longest but that $200 price was too much. Even now with the Vita out, I still see it listed around $200. I might pick this up or wait and see if I can find it at around $50.

bread's done
Back