PSPgo Now $69.99 Used @ GameStop

Untamed Sorrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jacoblee23']Vita owners: is there any reason to buy this since I have a 32 and 8 gb memory card for my vita?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've also got a Vita with 32gb card and a PSPgo, and I love my PSPgo because (with some research), you can play homebrew and backups of your UMD games (if you have acccess to a PSP 1000/2000/3000 to make the backups of YOUR games) on it w/o having to pay again to get them games on PSN so you can play them on your Vita (assuming Sony gets around to making them work on your Vita).

The PSPgo is a slick and compact PSP that easily fits in your pocket yet has features your Vita doesn't have (such as using your PS3 DS3 controller and plugging it into your TV). Basically, this price is just slightly above the cost of getting a 16GB card for your Vita, but you can do so much more with it. While it is the "previous gen" PSP, it's still a pretty slick device in my opinion.

Of course, if you don't have any UMD PSP games, then it might not make as much sense for you because at this point I'd have a hard time recommending that someone purchase a UMD game. However, I had several dozen UMD games I bought for my PSP (used, often through GoHastings for 1/3 of retail price or less), so it was an easy choice for me.

The smaller size might be a problem for some people, but I don't play long enough per session for it to be a problem for me and the small size and good battery life made it a very good purchase for me. I love the little thing, even if I don't have as much time to play with it as I'd like.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Vita owners: is there any reason to buy this since I have a 32 and 8 gb memory card for my vita?[/QUOTE]
I have a 32GB + 8GB too for my 3G Vita but I got a Go again for PSP games that can't be transferred to my Vita with my PS3 or through my download history. Not to mention that some games (such as DJ Max Fever) were mysteriously pulled from PSN but luckily I still have every game purchased in Media Go.

And PS1 games. Who knows how Sony will get them running on the Vita. Maybe it'll be just like the PSP games where they take their time making them compatible, little by little.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']quick question, people are saying the PSP 3000 is 59.99 but the online says 80, something different?[/QUOTE]

I think the 59.99 i sused and the 80 dollar price is for refurbs.

So have new PSP Gos been converted to used, and therefore, if they have, would you be able to get a new one for $70? And is it the same for the other PSPs?

What's the best place to get an additional memory card (hopefully 8gigs+) for the PSP Go? Every place I've looked so far seems to have really high prices. I did check Kmart, but they seem to be sold out at mine.

[quote name='Dysheekie']What's the best place to get an additional memory card (hopefully 8gigs+) for the PSP Go? Every place I've looked so far seems to have really high prices. I did check Kmart, but they seem to be sold out at mine.[/QUOTE]

Just get a micro SD card from Amazon. I picked up a 16 GB card last year for my Go for less than $20. Gotta be even cheaper now.

[quote name='Birbo']Just get a micro SD card from Amazon. I picked up a 16 GB card last year for my Go for less than $20. Gotta be even cheaper now.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I thought the Go only takes M2 cards...

[quote name='1stCome']in case it hasn't been mentioned...pspGO supports ps1 games too...something Vita owners are still waiting for...[/QUOTE]
Ho do you add them to the go?

Thanks for the info on the memory sticks. It's too bad they're so costly compared to other types of memory. I hate to spend half as much as I did on the PSP Go, just to get more memory. Oh well!

[quote name='Dysheekie']Thanks for the info on the memory sticks. It's too bad they're so costly compared to other types of memory. I hate to spend half as much as I did on the PSP Go, just to get more memory. Oh well![/QUOTE]

Welcome to Sony products.

Thanks to everyone for posting! I had to go to 3 different GameStops to find one that had any Gos left, but the 3rd one had 4 of them and one was in MINT condition - even the screen was flawless.

Hit up KMart clearance and snagged the official component cables for $10, the composite cable for $4, the soft case (which is awesome) for $10, and an extra USB cable for $4.

Then hit Fred Meyer and got the Intec screen protector on clearance for $3.13, and found the Dock still being sold by TousRUs on eBay for $14 shipped.

Now I just dropped another $30 on that Amazon M2 card you guys found... So much for this being a cheap system! ;)

So its worth checking out a local Kmart for discounted accessories? Multiple people have found some stuff so i guess I gotta check it out

[quote name='Dysheekie']I went to Gamestop and asked if I could buy the PSPGo and the guy went on a 5 minute talk, trying to convince me that it was a piece of garbage. He kept bringing up the fact that I'd have to buy games at full price rather than paying 9 bucks for used games at Gamestop (I guess this is somewhat of a valid point).

Still, I thought he was pretty harsh. I still ended up buying the Go, and I think he was pissed at me.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I just had the exact same experience. The Gamestop guy kept telling me it was a waste of money and that I should buy the Vita instead, and also kept arguing with me as to whether you can sync a DS3 to it. I pulled up a YouTube video to show him, lol.

[quote name='merchie89']So its worth checking out a local Kmart for discounted accessories? Multiple people have found some stuff so i guess I gotta check it out[/QUOTE]

Kmart still has the Sony M2 cards (4gb or 8GB dont remember) for $34.99

Also the component cable is $10 there too.

I found a 2000/3000 component cable for $1.99 at Best Buy. I think Gamestop has the Go cables if u cant find it at kmart.

Sears had the Sony pro duo 4GB for $2.97 if they still have any leftover and I only found 1 8GB M2 sony stick for $1.99....The item scan item not found and the manager gave it to me for $1.99 so its YMMV

[quote name='BrolyB593']In terms of clearance stuff, Best Buys have the PSP Go softcases (if you can find them) for $2.99[/QUOTE]

not best buy related, but for anyone that need a case or something:
Not game related, but Sears has the Mario Game traveler Backpack for $5. Here is a link to show what it looks like:
http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/...roduit/id/2986

Here is another one also $5. Its a bit bigger:
http://www.avcdistributor.com/ALS-ND...Backpack-White

Maybe someone here may be interested to use it to store your DS,3DS, or PSP

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']You know I'm kind of surprised there isn't a M2 to Micro SD adapter.[/QUOTE]

They're almost exactly the same dimensions, so an adapter would be difficult/impossible.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']They're almost exactly the same dimensions, so an adapter would be difficult/impossible.[/QUOTE]

That's true. I've only handled an M2 once (Placed it in my PSP 3000 via an adapter.) and a micro sd a few times. Probably should take both and do a side by side comparison to see what you mean.

Went in for one of these; wanted to do the whole "play game on TV with DS3" thing. Anyone know of a dock for the Go with component out built in? Or am I going to need to go the Sony dock route?

I've played KZ:L on this thing, and it is surprisingly pretty good. Not bad for a free game (from the extended PSN outage).

[quote name='erwos']Went in for one of these; wanted to do the whole "play game on TV with DS3" thing. Anyone know of a dock for the Go with component out built in? Or am I going to need to go the Sony dock route?

I've played KZ:L on this thing, and it is surprisingly pretty good. Not bad for a free game (from the extended PSN outage).[/QUOTE]

the dock is on toysrus ebay for $14.

Checked my local GS with the $50 credit I recieved with my Star Wars Xbox I recieved for Father's Day to no avail. And at the time the thought of ordering online for a referb, plus the cost of shipping, and the mystery box from GS kind of killed the deal.

But with all this talk I don't see the Go getting any cheaper without taking a real chance of getting a real dud. Plus, Cowboom shows some real detail on the console you'll recieve. And it's only an additional $5 between that and GS's site ...

Quick question.

If I buy the Sony Dock for the Go then I am able to charge the system and use the tv out at the same time, which otherwise you cannot do?

If so, the dock comes with nothing but the dock correct? I can use my old PSP charger for the AC and then I need to buy a separate AV cable?

I was about to hit on this back in November when the used was about 100 bucks i believe, but the used on back then had its screens all scratched up and it has scruffs all over the system so no way i was paying for that. Now with the new price drop i went back to gamestop and to my suprise this time it was brand spanking new (probably new, opened and converted to used) anyway thanks op!

[quote name='BrolyB593']Quick question.

If I buy the Sony Dock for the Go then I am able to charge the system and use the tv out at the same time, which otherwise you cannot do?

If so, the dock comes with nothing but the dock correct? I can use my old PSP charger for the AC and then I need to buy a separate AV cable?[/QUOTE]

Correct on both.

Store closest to me shows they have at least 1 on stock...tempted to look more into this but not sure of its worth the full investment.

Only games I really want to play are Silent Hill classic, RE classics, MGS portable ops, SH Origins, and the GoW games GoS and CoO.

Not sure what they are selling for in the PSN store...but I'm guessing total investment would be around $150 for everything when all is said and done. And I have no clue how big these games are, but I'm sure the 16gb memory won't hold a lot..

[quote name='jcp42877']Store closest to me shows they have at least 1 on stock...tempted to look more into this but not sure of its worth the full investment.

Only games I really want to play are Silent Hill classic, RE classics, MGS portable ops, SH Origins, and the GoW games GoS and CoO.

Not sure what they are selling for in the PSN store...but I'm guessing total investment would be around $150 for everything when all is said and done. And I have no clue how big these games are, but I'm sure the 16gb memory won't hold a lot..[/QUOTE]

I have 2 gow games, Kingdom hearts, mega man x hunter, valkyre chronicle, metal gear, crisis cross, final fantasy tactics, puzzle quest, gta china, pro evo soccer, and @ least 6 more games i cant remember plus snes, sega and nes emulator and i have over a gig left. It holds a ton. Games are not very big.

Great price. The 16gb of storage and its size makes it perfect for a NES/SNES/GBC/GBA/Genesis/SMS machine. Just be sure to support your favorite games on the virtual console if applicable. ;)

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Great price. The 16gb of storage and its size makes it perfect for a NES/SNES/GBC/GBA/Genesis/SMS machine. Just be sure to support your favorite games on the virtual console if applicable. ;)[/QUOTE]

Mine has all of the cps1 and cps2 games on it plus the NeoGeo games. Love being able to bust out Marvel Super Heroes whenever I want. Add my bluetooth stick and video out and I have an instant arcade cabinet.

this blows. there is no place anywhere near me that has one. i drove to a sears about 30 miles away that supposedly had a new one for $49.99. i showed up, and they didn't have it :censored:......:headache:

that was a waste of a day.

maybe i'll get lucky some day and find one in a pawn shop. there are quite a few that are way closer than that sears.

i guess the words out i checked the other day and a couple around me had some low stock online now theres none within an hour driving distance. I already have a white psp go but I was thinking about picking up a black one. Oh well.

[quote name='Dysheekie']What's the best place to get an additional memory card (hopefully 8gigs+) for the PSP Go? Every place I've looked so far seems to have really high prices. I did check Kmart, but they seem to be sold out at mine.[/QUOTE]

If the Go takes Pro Duo, then Sears would be a good bet. Every first week of every month they seem to drop the price of their Pro Duos. I picked up an 8 GB for $20. They also have the 4 GB for $13 and have clearanced the 2 GB for $5. They 2 GB will remain at that price until they're all gone but the 4 and 8 only stay at that price for a little while.

[quote name='Rinnetensei']If the Go takes Pro Duo, then Sears would be a good bet. Every first week of every month they seem to drop the price of their Pro Duos. I picked up an 8 GB for $20. They also have the 4 GB for $13 and have clearanced the 2 GB for $5. They 2 GB will remain at that price until they're all gone but the 4 and 8 only stay at that price for a little while.[/QUOTE]

Negative on the Pro Duo, in true proprietary fashion Sony's tyranny strikes again, M2 only...

Ordered the dock in black on toysrus.com. It's listed as $9.98 but comes out to $16.52 shipped. It's also not listed as a dock but as a "Sony PSP Go Cradle". Thanx.

[quote name='doc_j88']New PSPgos are NOT being converted to used...

A Micro SD card will not work.

And the device only supports M2 Cards (Sony, Sandisk brand) which are now harder to find unless bought online.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Memor...e=UTF8&qid=1340372779&sr=8-1&keywords=16gb+m2

Also the price of these memory card have INCREASED because these memory cards are no longer mass produced since the discontinuation of the go.[/QUOTE]

The new Gos are in fact being converted to used. I know you really want to believe its not possible, but it seems like despite your wishes several people have found brand new units.... I went to one of my local gamestops, and the first one I went to actually had already converted all their new systems to used. Still had the factory sticker on the unit. I guess it means it probably doesn't include a warranty which is kind of a bummer.

I picked up a white PSPgo in excellent condition. Very happy.. now I just gotta get some content onto it and start playing. w00t!

Edit: and now I've got an incoming 16GB M2 card. Thanks guys for posting the $30 card. I have been staring at $60 cards all week. You know it's a sad day when you think $30 is a decent price for something that in MicroSD format costs: $9.99w/Free Shipping

My store had 5 PSP Gos used. One was pretty much brand new and so I nabbed that one. I had ~$80 credit so that was nice.

I spent $55 now though on a 16gb m2 card, the dock and then the component cables.

I think I am set... 32gb memory total and can hook it up to my tv and use the d3? Yes please!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='SnoT']So since it hasn't been answered I don't think. Can the PSPGo use modded firmware?[/QUOTE]
It's been answered a lot but always deleted by the mods.

If anybody needs a cheap game, the PSN is selling Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins for $5. This is one of the best games on the PSP. Just make sure you do a little research and understand that you are getting into a BRUTALLY difficult game in the vein of Maximo and other classic Capcom games.

[quote name='sotc1988']If anybody needs a cheap game, the PSN is selling Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins for $5. This is one of the best games on the PSP. Just make sure you do a little research and understand that you are getting into a BRUTALLY difficult game in the vein of Maximo and other classic Capcom games.[/QUOTE]

also, street fighter 3 alpha is only 4.99. and you can get the download code for Disgaea through GameStop for 7.99.

bread's done
Back