PSPgo Now $69.99 Used @ GameStop

Untamed Sorrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
The more that I think about it, the more I think I should pass on this deal. I don't have any umd's to back up, and I already have a vita, with plenty of memory, and the vita makes a lot of the psp games look even better.

^ Yeah I agree. I was considering it as a mp3 player (even though I would have to get used to to not having a lcd touch screen and camera built in) until something better comes out since my samsung galaxy player has been giving me a lot of problems, but idk. There's just not many alternatives for a mp3 player with a sd card slot for expandable memory.

After much internal and financial debate, i bit on this one. I have wanted one since they came out and since these are virtually gone at almost every gamestop around me (only 1 left at 2 of the 8 gamestops i called), I decided to get it. Plus it came with Fifa 10, flow, street fighter alpha 3, final fantasy VIII, capcom classics collections remixed. A couple of movies and some music. Overall, I feel it was a pretty good deal.

I bit!!! I had a bunch of stuff to trade in so I took advantage of the trade in 5 get an extra $20 and unloaded yard sale pick ups. Not in the best shape, but I would call it Fair - Good a few more scratches then I wanted. However no other store in a 30 mi radius had one, so I took it. Now to load on some PSN games...

Also I didn't get lucky with a any free games etc.

Got a Mint Condition no scratch at all. Dunno if it's new since it already has a nickname on it. also got the Sony Dock "used" for 2.99$ at gamestop aswell. Very happy....:applause: Now where can I get a 16gb Card for cheap?

Funny, I wanted a PSP Vita so bad. Every time I tried convincing myself to get one, it just didn't make any sense. A base system, 32GB of memory, and 2-3 games at $40 a pop. 1 of which I already bought on PS3 for $12. I just wasn't feeling it.

PSPGo has got the Size, the awesome library, the right price, homebrew. It just makes more sense to me. I think the GO will get more use than a Vita (from me). If for no other reason than the size.

[quote name='fore1337']Funny, I wanted a PSP Vita so bad. Every time I tried convincing myself to get one, it just didn't make any sense. A base system, 32GB of memory, and 2-3 games at $40 a pop. 1 of which I already bought on PS3 for $12. I just wasn't feeling it.

PSPGo has got the Size, the awesome library, the right price, homebrew. It just makes more sense to me. I think the GO will get more use than a Vita (from me). If for no other reason than the size.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, and then I bought the vita. It is a fantastic handheld and the screen is gorgeous. I used to have a psp, and I'd take the vita anyday over the psp. To each their own I guess. The go is a pretty damn good deal. If I didn't have s vita, I would have already bought one.

aghhhh...still torn about this. I feel like for the price of the system plus the cheap games I want to play that this will be a good buy. But I almost feel like it's impulse.

I don't get much use out of my iPhone apps (besides Angry Birds), so I feel like a handheld system would be nice to own again. But ohh my indecisiveness!

[quote name='jcp42877']aghhhh...still torn about this. I feel like for the price of the system plus the cheap games I want to play that this will be a good buy. But I almost feel like it's impulse.

I don't get much use out of my iPhone apps (besides Angry Birds), so I feel like a handheld system would be nice to own again. But ohh my indecisiveness![/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat, so I just stopped by a Gamestop to take a look and to be honest, it felt kind of flimsy and plasticky. The D-pad and buttons just felt cheaply made although I'm sure owners can attest to their build quality. So I thought about getting a 3000 model and that felt the same way. I originally had the 1000 and that was solid, albeit fat and heavy. I think you should take a look for yourself, that way you can make an informed decision and not have any regrets if you don't get it.

I've been juggling whether to get it at a local GS since they have two in stock, but in the end I really don't want to pay more than $50 for this thing. ~_~

Rather just wait and get the Vita down the line.

how do you see whether there are any used ones in stock? when i look online, i don't even see used ones listed, only refurbished and new; that is before i type in my zip code too, so i'm looking at what is available at all gamestops.

i looked up the PSP Go Recharged pack and it showed the stock correctly it seems. I went and got a black used PSP Go at Gamestop on Houston Rd in Florence, KY. They had a white one too. this was a few days ago.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']how do you see whether there are any used ones in stock? when i look online, i don't even see used ones listed, only refurbished and new; that is before i type in my zip code too, so i'm looking at what is available at all gamestops.[/QUOTE]

You're better off just calling your local stores for availability. That website is awful.

[quote name='lwhitit']I have 2 gow games, Kingdom hearts, mega man x hunter, valkyre chronicle, metal gear, crisis cross, final fantasy tactics, puzzle quest, gta china, pro evo soccer, and @ least 6 more games i cant remember plus snes, sega and nes emulator and i have over a gig left. It holds a ton. Games are not very big.[/QUOTE]

Funny how all the CFW talk of 15+ year old games that mostly can't be bought anymore keeps getting deleted, yet KH:BBS is not even available on the PSN Store for legal acquisition on a PSPGo.

I'm typically against piracy, but Sony left the psp go to die on the vine. It's unfortunate cause it's a great little piece of hardware. But charging 30-40 dollars for digital copies of 2+ year old games is b.s especially when I can buy said games at GameStop for 15 bucks or less. Stacked with not releasing some major games (kingdom hearts, ff7 crisis core come to mind), I think Sony very much deserved the position they found themselves in w the platform as a whole. The sad thing is, they look to be making the EXACT same mistakes w the vita. Way overpriced accessories, barely any compelling software that isn't a direct port, and little to no price disparity between the digital and physical releases.

The Go is a great little piece of kit if you know how to get all the potential out of it. Playing all my games on my tv w the dual shock 3 is amazing!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']You're better off just calling your local stores for availability. That website is awful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not on the website; store employee has to go into inventory and do a system search to find the 10 closest locations.

My GameStop had two of them. Both in good condition. I had one in my hands for 60 bux, but I just couldn't justify buying it since I already have a vita with a lot of memory.I really wanted to bite too, but psone support is coming to vita soon, and most psp games look better on the vita.. Any other reasons I should?

For as much as I love my Vita, I love playing Suikoden II on the Go more...ahh the memories...Brave Fencer Musashi's next :drool: , This system pays for itself in minutes if you know how to use it ;)

[quote name='Jacoblee23']My GameStop had two of them. Both in good condition. I had one in my hands for 60 bux, but I just couldn't justify buying it since I already have a vita with a lot of memory.I really wanted to bite too, but psone support is coming to vita soon, and most psp games look better on the vita.. Any other reasons I should?[/QUOTE]Size and ability to use a DS3?

[quote name='orangecrush']Size and ability to use a DS3?[/QUOTE]

I heard that it makes the games look stretched out and bad. And is this accessory expensive to be able to do that?

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I heard that it makes the games look stretched out and bad. And is this accessory expensive to be able to do that?[/QUOTE]
Games aren't stretched when video is displayed through component on the psp go. They're displayed in a window box, which can be zoomed in on most modern tvs to negate the letter boxing. The cable is like 10 bucks. To use the dual shock 3, you only need the controller and a ps3 to link them for the first time (once the system is linked to the controller it stays synced to the psp), the go has built in bluetooth necessary to connect a controller.

Having owned all the different variations of the psp, I can say without a doubt the go's screen is the highest quality even though it's a little smaller. For me personally I like the smaller screen, as the pixel density is much tighter so images look sharper, and less pixelated. As for ps1 games Sony has said they will be drip feeding vita owners ps1 games on a title by title basis, and provided no time frame when consumers can expect this feature. It honestly doesn't seem like a priority for them, which is obscene since it was an advertised feature before launch, an there isn't much in the way of compelling original software.

Just to let people know, I was at TRU today and found the dock and component cables on clearance. I found out that they also ring up for the 2 for $15 deal they have for video games, so I got both for $15, minus the $5 in bonus cash I had to spend.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Just to let people know, I was at TRU today and found the dock and component cables on clearance. I found out that they also ring up for the 2 for $15 deal they have for video games, so I got both for $15, minus the $5 in bonus cash I had to spend.[/QUOTE]

You still need a psp 1000/2000/3000 charger to enable charging while docked, but hey it wouldn't be Sony. And while I love this little device, getting it setup to it max potential adds up. You need the unit, extra memory, cradle, component cables, PSP charger, dual shock. And "in my opinion", before I get flamed, the PS Display with its optimized psp mode, which tacks on another $200, but after its all setup its awesome...

Thanks OP! Planned on grabbing some clearance GameCube games, but walked out with a mint white Go. Just a question for folks on here:

1) Does the cradle/dock come with component cables or do I need to pick these up separately?

2) Are there any other recommended acc's for this? Any places to check for clearance accs? I know some people have gotten lucky with Sears lately for M2 cards, but anything else seen?

Thanks again!

U can use PUR points (10k/25k/50k) to get $10/25/50 off, right? I have 17k and thinking about using $10 off on the 3000 PSP

[quote name='IamPro']Not a PSP Go near me :cry:

thinking about picking up a PSP 3000 again for $70... thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a 3000 at radio shack a little before Christmas. It had lbp and karate kid. With coupon and clearance it was $60 or $70. I love it. It's more fun than a ds to me. Watch out for cracked seams on used umps, it renders them useless. Accessories for these turn up cheap. Car charger at bestbuy was .99 a couple months ago.

[quote name='IamPro']U can use PUR points (10k/25k/50k) to get $10/25/50 off, right? I have 17k and thinking about using $10 off on the 3000 PSP[/QUOTE]

Yep

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']You still need a psp 1000/2000/3000 charger to enable charging while docked, kinda gay but hey it wouldn't be Sony. And while I love this little device, getting it setup to it max potential adds up. You need the unit, extra memory, cradle, component cables, PSP charger, dual shock. And "in my opinion", before I get flamed, the PS Display with its optimized psp mode, which tacks on another $200, but after its all setup its awesome...[/QUOTE]

I actually own a regular PSP charger because it also works on my Sony Reader.

As for the rest, I expect to mostly use this as a portable system. If I want to play stuff on the TV, that's what my consoles are for. If it weren't for this being so cheap, I wouldn't have bothered.

So I finally bit on the go. It is in perfect shape and looks brand new. Got a one year replacement warranty on it for free. Pretty sure it was a new one converted used. Looks like it hasn't ever been touched.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']2) Are there any other recommended acc's for this? Any places to check for clearance accs? I know some people have gotten lucky with Sears lately for M2 cards, but anything else seen?

Thanks again![/QUOTE]
Sears & Kmart have both hard and soft cases on clearance. Although the hard cases may be out of the system at Kmart, since it came up 'check shelf label' for me. Luckily for me it was marked $2 for the one I picked up.;) Kmart also has the component and composite cables to play this on your TV for $10 and $4 respectively. They also have the 2gb M2 cards for $6, the 1gb's for $4 and the 8gb's are still over $10 from what I've seen there.

So the go won't recognize my girlfriend's Internet so I was told I had to reset the security settings. I didn't know the password and her brother set it up for her so I knew she wouldn't know either. So I reset her linksys router and now the Internet won't even work. I have to get this fixed before she gets home from work at 2 am. Anyone know why the Internet stopped working when I reset the router ?

My Toys R Us store has TONS of Go accessories - cases, component cables, screen protectors and docks. I think the most expensive thing is $9.98.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']You still need a psp 1000/2000/3000 charger to enable charging while docked, kinda gay but hey it wouldn't be Sony. And while I love this little device, getting it setup to it max potential adds up. You need the unit, extra memory, cradle, component cables, PSP charger, dual shock. And "in my opinion", before I get flamed, the PS Display with its optimized psp mode, which tacks on another $200, but after its all setup its awesome...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its definitely a Sony product, rife with their proprietary everything. That being said, the 14 gb the system comes with after formatting is more than enough to fit 7-15 games depending on your taste (several games take up less than 500 mb). It definitely adds up if you don't already own a dual shock 3, but you can get the dock and component cable for 15 bucks @TRU, and a usb psp (1000,2000,3000)charging cable for 5 bucks online, and are out 100$ so far. That seems pretty reasonable for the system and everything you need to get it hooked up to the tv, so if you already have the ps3 controller (and especially a charger for any previous psp) its worth it.

[quote name='IamPro']Not a PSP Go near me :cry:

thinking about picking up a PSP 3000 again for $70... thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The 3000 is a better value since you have access to a huge selection of UMD games, at dirt cheap since GameStop is closing out their psp stuff all games are b2g1, and most games are priced pretty reasonably. The games on the PSN are extremely overpriced, with some still selling for 40 bucks. You do have to buy a memory stick for all the other models of psp's which can add up quickly, but the added memory for the psp's is pretty cheap these days, and you can even get adapters that can convert 2 micro SDs to a psp memory stick, potentially giving you up to 64 gb of expanded memory. The screen on the 3000 is also the nicest of the UMD based psps.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They also have the 2gb M2 cards for $6, the 1gb's for $4 and the 8gb's are still over $10 from what I've seen there.[/QUOTE]

The 2gb is actually $5. I bought one last week. The 8gb cards were still way overpriced.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The 2gb is actually $5. I bought one last week. The 8gb cards were still way overpriced.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. They had a $4 sticker on them at one of my local Kmart stores. I guess that's just further proof that clearance prices are now YMMV between stores.:cry:

[quote name='TheLongshot']I actually own a regular PSP charger because it also works on my Sony Reader.

As for the rest, I expect to mostly use this as a portable system. If I want to play stuff on the TV, that's what my consoles are for. If it weren't for this being so cheap, I wouldn't have bothered.[/QUOTE]

Go replaces a bunch of consoles for me, and give me a chance to relive my childhood for pennies on the dollar....

I was wrong about my go being brand new, but damn is it in perfect shape. I found these games already loaded on my go: killing liberation, metal gear solid 1, crash bandicoot, god of war chain of Olympus, odd world Abe's oddysee, and final fantasy 7. Will I lose these games once I sign into my PSN, and can I transfer them to my ps3, to put them on my vita?

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I was wrong about my go being brand new, but damn is it in perfect shape. I found these games already loaded on my go: killing liberation, metal gear solid 1, crash bandicoot, god of war chain of Olympus, odd world Abe's oddysee, and final fantasy 7. Will I lose these games once I sign into my PSN, and can I transfer them to my ps3, to put them on my vita?[/QUOTE]
I would say to just download whatever games you wanna add to the PSP Go to either your PS3 or your PC and copy them over using either Media Go on the PC or the charging/transfer cable on the PSP with the PS3. Why risk it?

Not to mention that I've heard(and experienced myself) connecting the PSP to a wireless source is a major PITA.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would say to just download whatever games you wanna add to the PSP Go to either your PS3 or your PC and copy them over using either Media Go on the PC or the charging/transfer cable on the PSP with the PS3. Why risk it?

Not to mention that I've heard(and experienced myself) connecting the PSP to a wireless source is a major PITA.[/QUOTE]

It is. Read my post a few posts up. I completely screwed up my girlfriend's Internet trying to get it to work. Now we have no internet and I have a very pissed off girlfriend also lol.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Go replaces a bunch of consoles for me, and give me a chance to relive my childhood for pennies on the dollar....[/QUOTE]

^^this. I have been playing around with my GO for most of the day and I cannot wait to get this hooked up to the TV. Honestly, I haven't had this much fun tinkering in quite some time and there's really a nice community.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']It is. Read my post a few posts up. I completely screwed up my girlfriend's Internet trying to get it to work. Now we have no internet and I have a very pissed off girlfriend also lol.[/QUOTE]
I know. I read that earlier.:lol: As it stands, some games on even the PS3 are a pita to work right 100% of the time too without opening ports on your router.:roll:

I tried connecting a Go I have to a bunch of wireless internet hot spots about a month or so ago and every one timed out. So believe me, I know how much of a pita connecting with the Go is.

I kinda wished I knew that sideloading the Go was better than signing on directly before I did it. The games that were on there weren't something that I missed too much, but it would have been nice to keep them. Haven't removed them yet, since I don't need the space just yet, but probably will at some point.

Didn't have any problem connecting to my network, once I was able to figure it out. It wasn't obvious that I had to delete the current user. Also used to how the PS3 worked and wonder why they didn't go with that.

So to update you all. I woke up the next morning after resetting my girlfriend's router and messing up the internet and suddenly the Internet works again. On a side note,

I finally got the psp connected to the Internet and all of the games the previous owner had preloaded on the go still work. I thought that once I logged onto my PSN account that I could no longer play them?

Ah, so if I download the games directly from my PSN on the store the other ones will be deactivated. Also, I cannot transfer my games from ps3 to psp. There isn't a copy option.

I read on gamefaqs that you now have to copy the game before you install them, so so much for me keeping those other games tht were already preloaded before I bought it. Does anyone know a work around of how to get the ps3 to copy over my psp go?

On another note I have spent the entire day "tweaking" my go. While it is cool, I am still not sure I should keep it or not. I love the size, but I rather play psp games on my vita, because they look better.

So, the DS3s work with bluetooth, but is there also a way to use a wired controller? There's a few psp titles I wouldn't mind using an arcade stick for.

bread's done
Back