PSPGO system $100 at e-spot kiosk in Macy's

poet17eric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
The e-spot kiosk in the Vernon Hills, IL Macy's had the PSPGO for $99.99. I don't remember how many or what color, I was just seeing what things they had on sale. I have no idea how e-shop sales work so it may be YMMV. They are run by ZoomSystems and their zoomshop finder is:

http://www.zoomsystems.com/customer-service/zoomshop-finder/

NOTE: Not all stores that show up on the finder are Macy's e-spot.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
These were those vending machines with electronics like Ipods and headphones, right? I saw one of these type of machines awhile back at my local Macy's. You have to have credit card, least that's how I undertand it. I could be wrong, I'd so jump on a PSPgo, but probably pay this price at most.

$100 is a great deal. Snagged one at that price at Target with a price match and a coupon a long time ago. While some people may tell you that it's a horrible purchase, it truly is not. Games on PSN go on sale quite often (some free if you have PSN+). It's size is perfectly portable. UMDs will eventually dry up but downloads for the PSP and Go will continue. If you can find one at this price I'd highly recommend it. If Sony had made this the price point to begin with, this story would have ended differently.

Yeah, I got duped by one of those machines. I was looking for a Snickers bar which was B5 and I pressed B6 by mistake and got a PSP Go.

[quote name='Clownzilla']Yeah, I got duped by one of those machines. I was looking for a Snickers bar which was B5 and I pressed B6 by mistake and got a PSP Go.[/QUOTE]
That's like walking into Monster Mini Golf and walking away dejected that you couldn't buy a $100 HDMI cable.

[quote name='Clownzilla']Yeah, I got duped by one of those machines. I was looking for a Snickers bar which was B5 and I pressed B6 by mistake and got a PSP Go.[/QUOTE]

You were going to spend $100 for a Snickers bar? You know next time you're hungry and you ask yourself "Why wait?" the answer should be I can wait because I don't want to spend a hundred bucks for a Snickers bar.

Hmm...tried the link in the original post and the closest Macy's to me doesn't show up. I wonder if there is a possiblility my store has one and/or the vending machine isn't an e-spot kiosk?

Check your Targets too, I was able to get a black PSPGo for around $65 on clearance a month ago; 75% off.

[quote name='H3YN0W']Check your Targets too, I was able to get a black PSPGo for around $65 on clearance a month ago; 75% off.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Whoa. They're worth $100 but for $65 that's a no brainer.

I work at a Macy's and I walk the pass the e-Spot machine everyday, but never really look inside it to see any deals. I will let anyone know if I see a 100 dollar PSP in there.

^Thanks for the possible confirmation. All the Targets near me have sold out for the PSPgo before they hit $65. I'd get one from Gamestop, but I think it is $100 for a used one.

I was just there trying to get a PSP Go. I swipe my credit card and pick C4 for a black PSP Go when suddenly all the lights were blinking and the vendo machine made loud noises.....it turns out, I won a brand new 2012 Mercedes Benz C-class :bouncy:

I can verify that these are $100 in these machines. They seem to be on the main floor of the store near the mall entrances at the two I went to. Anyone in SF Bay Area. The machine in Bayfair in San Leandro was out of stock. There was one left at Southland in Hayward when I bought mine. I checked the location finder for the machines that was listed in the post and it was accurate. They will charge sales tax per the area located in. There was also a machine at Stoneridge in Pleasanton when I looked up locations. Good Luck

[quote name='zandrolouie']I was just there trying to get a PSP Go. I swipe my credit card and pick C4 for a black PSP Go when suddenly all the lights were blinking and the vendo machine made loud noises.....it turns out, I won a brand new 2012 Mercedes Benz C-class :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Legit? If true so much Gratz! (Did you still get a pspGo?)

Grabbed the last one at Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg, MD. Thanks, OP!

Too bad they are in the vending machines. Could possibly use one of the Macy's 25% off coupons otherwise that seem to almost have zero limitations. Sigh. Why would they put vending machines in a store? Seriously, it's like the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

[quote name='b3b0p']Too bad they are in the vending machines. Could possibly use one of the Macy's 25% off coupons otherwise that seem to almost have zero limitations. Sigh. Why would they put vending machines in a store? Seriously, it's like the stupidest thing I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]

Cause it's not Macy's that owns the vending machines. They take a percentage of sales and take none of the risk of providing stock that drops in value like the PSP Go we are talking about being a good deal.

[quote name='bojay1997']Cause it's not Macy's that owns the vending machines. They take a percentage of sales and take none of the risk of providing stock that drops in value like the PSP Go we are talking about being a good deal.[/QUOTE]

This!
It's also another opportunity for a customer to use their overloaded Macy's card on more merchandise. Therefore, they will also likely make money on finance charges...it's really a win win for Macy's.
As for the question about Macy's gift cards: No, think of this as an Electronic vending machine. It takes regular credit cards and of course Macy's credit cards.

Oh, and I'd remove the YMMV on this, as I saw it tonight for that price also in a NY's Macy's vending machine. The only YMMV about this, is that not necessarily every Macy's will have a vending machine that has any of these left.

[quote name='b3b0p']Too bad they are in the vending machines. Could possibly use one of the Macy's 25% off coupons otherwise that seem to almost have zero limitations. Sigh. Why would they put vending machines in a store? Seriously, it's like the stupidest thing I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]

While others have pointed out the inventory risk aspect, there is also theft avoidance factor (both by customers as well as staff) that the vending machine offers. And a basic level, a vending machine is about million times faster than trying to buy anything else at Macy's, where I stopped shopping at after I got fed up of always having to wait at least 10 minutes at a cash register to have the apparent privilege of giving them my money.

And ecwfan, I believe one of the payment options you could use on the machine was macy's gift cards

[quote name='dragonjud']This!
It's also another opportunity for a customer to use their overloaded Macy's card on more merchandise. Therefore, they will also likely make money on finance charges...it's really a win win for Macy's.
As for the question about Macy's gift cards: No, think of this as an Electronic vending machine. It takes regular credit cards and of course Macy's credit cards.

Oh, and I'd remove the YMMV on this, as I saw it tonight for that price also in a NY's Macy's vending machine. The only YMMV about this, is that not necessarily every Macy's will have a vending machine that has any of these left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. YMMV has been removed!

I do wonder if any of the other zoomshops would have the same sale regardless of being in Macy's or branded e-spot, for instance, a Best Buy express. If they are all simply getting a cut of whatever the zoomshops produce, then the sale might be wider than just Macy's.

It has 16GB of onboard RAM, so plenty of room if you're wanting to hack it.

Loooove my Go. Got it from a kid on Craigslist a few months ago for $90. Playing Diablo (PS1) on mine, and, yes, I actually own the real PS1 disc. ;)

I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing these for $100 or less once the Vita is released. I sold my Go last month precisely because of this, while it still had a good resale value.

[quote name='Slermy']Grabbed the last one at Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg, MD. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
Gah, well thanks for posting, saves me the trip. I may check Montgomery Mall later today.

[quote name='emperordahc']It has 16GB of onboard RAM, so plenty of room if you're wanting to hack it.

Loooove my Go. Got it from a kid on Craigslist a few months ago for $90. Playing Diablo (PS1) on mine, and, yes, I actually own the real PS1 disc. ;)[/QUOTE]
Same with me. Got mine off a kid on CL and traded him 2 old PS3 games plus some cash for the system. This was last year, too!

Lol, imagine if a parent was deciding on a snack for their child and the kid started pushing buttons. That's a pricey mistake.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing these for $100 or less once the Vita is released. I sold my Go last month precisely because of this, while it still had a good resale value.[/QUOTE]

While you might right, the go does seem to be completely disappearing out retail stores, so outside of some black friday packages or an amazon lightning deal, I don't know if there will be many units out there to be marked down.

On the resale value note, the current trade in value on amazon is approx. $93 and this is what pushed me over the edge to give the pspgo a try (I also have two free psp game downloads fro the PSN hacking apology program that I want to try out). Since I have a week window to send in amazon trade in, I've got week to try it out and and if I don't like it, I'm only out of pocket approx. $13 after taxes.

1 left in Canoga Park.

417598756.jpg

[quote name='czissis']Zagg has their full body protection on sale for the PSPgo for $6.25.

I've never used their stuff but a guy at work swears by them. It's worth a try for the ~$9 with shipping.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sony-psp-go-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php[/QUOTE]

Most psp go accessories can be found 50-75% off at many places these days. Check ToysRus with an additional 25% off Clearance for another week. If you don't like Zagg's stuff (not everybody does), I'm sure the Sony protectors can be found for around $5.00 or less (covers just the screen).

[quote name='K_G']While you might right, the go does seem to be completely disappearing out retail stores, so outside of some black friday packages or an amazon lightning deal, I don't know if there will be many units out there to be marked down.
[/QUOTE]

This. Amazon doesn't even sell this anymore, just third party sellers. Wal-mart and Sears are the only other places I've still seen them.

[quote name='nitman99']Gah, well thanks for posting, saves me the trip. I may check Montgomery Mall later today.[/QUOTE]

Glad I at least saved you a trip. Hope you find one at Montgomery Mall!

[quote name='Kenshindono']meh, the go is weak. Pretty big commercial failure from what i recall too. I keep waiting for the PSP to drop

[quote name='Kenshindono'] MY brand new one that i never really used is kinda glitchy. It will give me a screen asking 'do you really want to quit the game' sometimes when i play the game, its friggin annoying. [/QUOTE]

Nice to know mine isn't the only one that does that and I have noticed it does it a lot more when the battery is running low.

Hahahaha, good one!

Picked up the last one in Stockton, CA. I'll give it a spin later today.

Edit: Gave the Go a test drive and didn't care for it. It felt very flimsy, and it was awkward to hold. Looks like it's going to get sold or traded.

Finished off the Mishawaka, IN Macy's...had to finally bite. Of course, now PSN is down, so no way to get games. Lovely.

bread's done
Back