PSV Remote Play? What gives...

Setherial

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Got my PSV today, of course I try out the "Remote Play" option which works fine after I register it to my PS3. Only problem is that I can't remote play my PS3 Games.... I thought the Vita allowed for it. Anyone here know's how to do it or does it only work with select games?

remote play would suck anyway. any lag at all in input would be horrible. also you have to be around your ps3 anyway to do it where you might as well play your ps3

This is nuts considering Sony is advertising it as such that someone can play MLB The Show on their PS3, stop, and pick up where they left off on their commute. Which would be amazing. But according to all of this, that's not the case for now.

[quote name='Sonne']This is nuts considering Sony is advertising it as such that someone can play MLB The Show on their PS3, stop, and pick up where they left off on their commute. Which would be amazing. But according to all of this, that's not the case for now.[/QUOTE]
That's a completely different feature that lets you transfer saves from the PS3 version to the Vita version to continue your season wherever you're at.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's a completely different feature that lets you transfer saves from the PS3 version to the Vita version to continue your season wherever you're at.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have more information on how this works?

[quote name='donteatsoap7']Does anyone have more information on how this works?[/QUOTE]
Pretty straightforward to me. You play the Show on either system (need it for both systems), upload your save from one to the other (or via the cloud), and you can continue right where you left off on whichever you weren't playing.

[quote name='donteatsoap7']Does anyone have more information on how this works?[/QUOTE]
For MLB 12: The Show specifically:
I know there’s a lot of interest out there about our PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita integration this year so I wanted to make sure I touched on our Cross-Platform Saves functionality. This feature allows you to take your Franchise, Season, and Road to The Show save files up to the cloud where you can then access those files from either your PS3 or PS Vita. You are limited to one file per mode per PSN user account, which can be overwritten as many times as you’d like.

6768699289_e4b4cef733_z.jpg

Every game supporting cross-platform saves has 1 MB of cloud storage that it can use to store saves that can be downloaded onto the other platform to continue where you've left off. This isn't the same as the cloud storage that comes with PS+ subs.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/27/mlb-12-the-show-franchise-mode-improvements/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For MLB 12: The Show specifically:

Every game supporting cross-platform saves has 1 MB of cloud storage that it can use to store saves that can be downloaded onto the other platform to continue where you've left off. This isn't the same as the cloud storage that comes with PS+ subs.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/27/mlb-12-the-show-franchise-mode-improvements/[/QUOTE]

That's good, I'm glad to see that it seemingly doesn't require a PS+ account in order to do cross-platform.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's good, I'm glad to see that it seemingly doesn't require a PS+ account in order to do cross-platform.[/QUOTE]
No way they'd limit it to PS+ users. They do some questionable stuff, but I can't imagine them trying that one.

Before I buy a Vita I need to get these 2 facts straight:

1. So far remote play is just like the PSP version watch videos/listen to music/play PSone games/Minis stored on the PS3.

2. The main difference being some PS3 games will be able to be played on the Vita's screen when the PS3 is running the PS3 game.

Also, can you play Vita games on a television screen through remote play and a PS3? I was kind of wondering why the PS Vita doesn't have a TV output or maybe that will be an accessory released later.

Minis are playable natively on the Vita, so you don't need to use remote play to play them. The PSP's Remote Play could also play some PS3 games, so 1 and 2 are the same point.

You can't stream Vita games to the PS3 or your TV.

I used remote play to stream movies off my media server at home. Very cool since there is no other way to get local content to stream to Vita. Well I guess I could make a local web page or something. But this was nice and smooth.

bread's done
Back