Psycho zealots in America.. "thank god for dead soldiers"

Wow. It is tough to believe that people like this exist but they have the right to express their opinions just like everyone else - it's what makes America great. This pretty much sums up my feelings -

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest.

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you!

He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

[quote name='mofo1115']http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/12147/America_s_Craziest_Zealot_Psycho

I am baffled that such people exist.

Also, I painfully checked out their website. www.godhatesfags.com

What is wrong with this country?[/quote]
99.8% of the US population wouldn't go as far to agree with her, I would hope.

Look at her smiling the whole time. There is something very evil about her. I was half expecting Skeletor to roll on up halfway through and put his arm around her, shake his staff at the camera and say, "You're next He-Man! Raa ha ha!", "Oh, this is my boyfriend, Skeletor."

The newscaster seemed very unproffesional. I don't agree with what she says, however it seems like they just brought her onto the show to make her look bad. I would normally have no problem with that, except for the fact that its a damn news show, and their job is to find news and tell us about the news, not to provoke the people whom the news is about. But then again it is Fox...

Great. I know, why don't we get the head of the aryan nation to appear next week. :roll:

If you ignore these people it becomes much harder for them to gain support. You don't give them a platform to speak to a national audience.

[quote name='crystalklear64']The newscaster seemed very unproffesional. I don't agree with what she says, however it seems like they just brought her onto the show to make her look bad. I would normally have no problem with that, except for the fact that its a damn news show, and their job is to find news and tell us about the news, not to provoke the people whom the news is about. But then again it is Fox...[/quote]

See, this is the problem with modern news. People get news shows and talk shows confused.

[quote name='crystalklear64']The newscaster seemed very unproffesional.[/QUOTE]

That's not a newscaster, that's Sean Hannity.

Unprofessionalism is his MO.

While I loathe the WBC (I've known of their antics for over half a decade, thanks to a colleague in Topeka who watches over them with a hawkeye), they have an admittedly small congregation, which the woman willingly admits is mostly the Phelps family. It's not representative of anything, except perhaps the most publicy visible example of atavistic religious extremism.

At any rate, the WBC isn't interesting, nor is there publicity-hunting or their overly dramatic frames of arguments. What *SHOULD* be interesting, of course, is who bankrolls them. Someone does, because a small congregation who is persistently travelling and protesting certainly doesn't have much time to work and tithe to keep the congregation moving. There's a big story there, but nobody has examined it.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']See, this is the problem with modern news. People get news shows and talk shows confused.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's sad. OTOH, it's worse when the news shows and talk shows confuse themselves.

bread's done
Back