Psychonauts for $5 at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessman69

CAGiversary!
TRU has an ad for games $4.99 and up and has a picture of several games (I don't remember all of them). Psychonauts for the X-Box is shown on the ad. I went to TRU and asked which games would be $4.99 and they told me that the ones pictured were. I picked up Psychonauts, and it rang up for the full price of $49.99. Manager came over and adjusted the price for $4.99. Don't know if its a screw up or not, but you may want to jump on this before they wank it.

[quote name='chessman69']TRU has an ad for games $4.99 and up and has a picture of several games )I don't remember all of them). Psychonaurs for the X-Box is shown on the ad. I went to TRU and asked which games would be $4.99 and they told me that the ones pictured were. I picked up Psychonauts, and it rang up for the full price of $49.99. Manager came over and adjusted the price for $4.99. Don't know if its a screw up or not, but you may want to jump on this before they wank it.[/QUOTE]

WOW...if this works for the rest of us that would be awesome. Good find OP.

Yeah, those people were obviously idiots. It clearly states 4.99 and up, doesn't say anything about those games shown being 4.99.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, those people were obviously idiots. It clearly states 4.99 and up, doesn't say anything about those games shown being 4.99.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree, but this game was in the ad and it rang up at full price. Clearly the ad was saying that this game was one of the games that you can get cheap (maybe not $4.99, but cheaper then $49.99). Plus I inquired about which games were $4.99 and was told that the ones pictured in the ad were $4.99. Give it a try what have you got to lose.

[quote name='chessman69']Normally I would agree, but this game was in the ad and it rang up at full price. Clearly the ad was saying that this game was one of the games that you can get cheap (maybe not $4.99, but cheaper then $49.99). Plus I inquired about which games were $4.99 and was told that the ones pictured in the ad were $4.99. Give it a try what have you got to lose.[/QUOTE]

Putting it that way reminds me of an ad I saw for a car dealership last year. The ad was for a brand new 2004 Dodge Neon for $11,000, but the picture was clearly of an Dodge SRT-4. By your logic, had I gone in, they had to give me an SRT-4 for that price.

This advertisement was much more misleading than this current TRU, which clearly states $4.99 AND UP. If people are so dumb to not comprehend what "and up" means, they shouldn't even read the newspaper.

[quote name='sp00ge']Putting it that way reminds me of an ad I saw for a car dealership last year. The ad was for a brand new 2004 Dodge Neon for $11,000, but the picture was clearly of an Dodge SRT-4. By your logic, had I gone in, they had to give me an SRT-4 for that price.

This advertisement was much more misleading than this current TRU, which clearly states $4.99 AND UP. If people are so dumb to not comprehend what "and up" means, they shouldn't even read the newspaper.[/QUOTE]

amen

I cant recall how many times I stated this same exact sentence

"I thought Gran Turismo is 4.99, thats what it said in the ad"

"GT4 is 49.99, as the add states 4.99 and UP"

Guest then spews some ignorance out of their mouth

repeat 100 times, and that was my 8 hour day

I just went to TRU and they had a standing poster with the 4.99 and up ad with the picture of Psychonauts. It rang up at 55.00 w tax and I pointed out the sign and said it's supposed to be $5.00. The manager looked at the sign twice before he took it down and said - it says and up so I'll give it to you for 9.99 because that's our other clearance price. He was clearly irritated and mumbled something about it being a stupid ad and he was just going to throw it away. At the very least the ad is misleading and at least indicates the games should at least be cheaper than original.

Somehow, I don't think they would have gotten the same interest from an ad that stated video games at $59.99 and below!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back