Psychonauts - Help regarding age range for this game

waxHead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
I have two younger brothers (ages 8 and 10), and I'm wondering if Psychonauts has too much adult material for them. I haven't played it yet, so I'm hoping some people who have played through the game can give me some advice.

Thanks! :cool:

I don't think someone that age would even understand the jokes. 8 is probably too young but 10 might be OK - borderline at least.

[quote name='javeryh']I don't think someone that age would even understand the jokes. 8 is probably too young but 10 might be OK - borderline at least.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I wouldn't really want to give them the game unless I knew it was appropriate for them. I should probably re-phrase the question:

If you had two brothers those ages, would you give them Psychonauts?

[quote name='waxHead']Thanks for the response. I wouldn't really want to give them the game unless I knew it was appropriate for them. I should probably re-phrase the question:

If you had two brothers those ages, would you give them Psychonauts?[/quote]

If they were my brothers, yes because that's what older brothers are for (and it's pretty harmless - weird, but harmless). If I was their parent, I might think about it longer but I might cave anyway. I really don't think there is anything inappropriate in the game but I'd be more concerned as to whether an 8-year-old would understand what to do. It's definitely borderline...

8 and 10 should be fine. I dont recall anything really bad about that game. Everything about it is pretty cartoonish, not too far from what you'd see in some cartoons these days. Its really good though, and I highly recommend it for yourself, too.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Theres a lot of really graphic sex in it. Get it.[/quote]

Hahahaha, NICE! :D

I decided to give them I-Ninja and Lego Star Wars, figured I could give them Psychonauts in a few years. Thanks for all the responses, happy holidays! :cool:

Hi there, everyone! This is my first post, but I've been lurking around for a while now. Does anyone know where to find a new copy of Psychonauts for cheap? Last week at GAF someone posted that Toys R Us had the game for $5. I finally went there tonight (man what a mess that place was) but they didn't have it.

I did find lots of copies of Jade Empire Limited Edition for $19.95 (had to get a price check since games were strewn about all over the place) so I'm going back tomorrow morning to pick that up.

[quote name='lvl99ultrathug']Hi there, everyone! This is my first post, but I've been lurking around for a while now. Does anyone know where to find a new copy of Psychonauts for cheap? Last week at GAF someone posted that Toys R Us had the game for $5. I finally went there tonight (man what a mess that place was) but they didn't have it.

I did find lots of copies of Jade Empire Limited Edition for $19.95 (had to get a price check since games were strewn about all over the place) so I'm going back tomorrow morning to pick that up.[/QUOTE]

Try Kmart, I found it for $3!

Wow, thanks for the suggestion, Staind204. I found the game at Kmart, but for $24.00 for Xbox, and the PS2 version was $29.99 . I bought the Xbox version, but I'm gonna see if I can find it somewhere else for less. But man, the service at the Kmart was terrible. I'm not going back there again, except to return the game if I can find it cheaper somewhere else. Thanks again for the tip!

[quote name='lvl99ultrathug']Wow, thanks for the suggestion, Staind204. I found the game at Kmart, but for $24.00 for Xbox, and the PS2 version was $29.99 . I bought the Xbox version, but I'm gonna see if I can find it somewhere else for less. But man, the service at the Kmart was terrible. I'm not going back there again, except to return the game if I can find it cheaper somewhere else. Thanks again for the tip![/QUOTE]
That's a really high price, you can definitely get it for less.

I started playing this yesterday and it's so amazing. I think a 10yr old could handle it. I paid like $12 for it at gamestop

bread's done
Back