Punisher $20 all platforms EB and GameStop - Price Drop

Good find. Decent game, could've been a lot better but it's still pretty fun. Kept me interested enough to play it all the way through.

Nice Deal! I've been waiting for a drop on this one. I'll have to see if I can get this in store tomorrow when I go.

If you wait for the used price to drop it will be about 15 bucks with discounts through EBgames.com.

For example, if it were to be 17.99 used it after CAG15, Edge Card, and Saver which is 15%, 10% and free shipping for being used it will be like this:

$17.99 *25%= $13.49

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']GS has the PC version for 20 also. Finally at the right price.[/QUOTE]

The PC version is sweet as well. There are mods to make it "uncensored" where the camera doesn't pull away and you can switch the black and white scenes to color, as well as infinite everything.. great stuff.

[quote name='jkam']Nice Deal! I've been waiting for a drop on this one.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I can still remember one big spender talking about how he'd used credit from TRU sale trade-ins to pay the full $50 retail price for Punisher a few months back. Somehow, I think he could have waited on this one. :D

SAdly, it seems, BB is taking a while with this, so may have to wait a week or two to get it for 15 after GGC. But I know I'm definately getting it now. Being an adventerous young man, there's nothing like a good bit of the ole ultra-violence

As an owner and a player a of this game, I recommend waiting till it hits that price used to combine the edge card and saver discounts. For me, at $20 its too much and I paid $20 the week it came out from a used store and I still have a bad taste in my mouth. Play Max Payne instead.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']And Amazon has all three versions for 20 bucks each. Yep, it's a price drop.[/QUOTE]

That's because Gamestop sells through Amazon (although the lowest price on the Xbox version (before shipping) through Amazon is $19.88 at J&R). But, after it is established that GS has it for $20, pointing out that Amazon also has it for $20 doesn't really prove additional proof of a price drop (although I am pretty sure it is a universal drop as well).

[quote name='guessed']That's because Gamestop sells through Amazon (although the lowest price on the Xbox version (before shipping) through Amazon is $19.88 at J&R). But, after it is established that GS has it for $20, pointing out that Amazon also has it for $20 doesn't really prove additional proof of a price drop (although I am pretty sure it is a universal drop as well).[/QUOTE]

WEll, shit, I completely forgot about that. Wait though, Amazon owns Waldenbooks and Borders, and Barnes and Nobles owns Gamestop. Am I missing another connection here?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']WEll, shit, I completely forgot about that. Wait though, Amazon owns Waldenbooks and Borders, and Barnes and Nobles owns Gamestop. Am I missing another connection here?[/QUOTE]

Barnes & Nobles doesn't own GameStop anymore. GameStop split off into their own separate business sometime last fall. The two still share some ties, but GameStop had gotten big enough to support itself, so it was set free.

I am but a simple caveman - your syllogistic logical inferences make my head hurt.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']WEll, shit, I completely forgot about that. Wait though, Amazon owns Waldenbooks and Borders, and Barnes and Nobles owns Gamestop. Am I missing another connection here?[/QUOTE]

I beat this game in a rental, and the only reason I'd play it again is if I could get the blood patch/uncensored version.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I'd reccomend it for $15.

Amazon doesn't own Borders - Borders Group, Inc. owns Borders, and Waldenbooks. Amazon may own CDNow (I'm not even sure about that) but most vendors just team up with Amazon to save the cost of running their own online store.

[quote name='botticus']Amazon doesn't own Borders - Borders Group, Inc. owns Borders, and Waldenbooks. Amazon may own CDNow (I'm not even sure about that) but most vendors just team up with Amazon to save the cost of running their own online store.[/QUOTE]

WEll, there ya go, that would explain all of my confusion. Does make sense though.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I wonder if they will officially recognize this as a GH and PH game since it is $19.99.[/QUOTE]

The game would need to sell quite a few more copies to reach GH/PH status. I believe this is a case of a game not selling well and falling a few months after release.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']If you wait for the used price to drop it will be about 15 bucks with discounts through EBgames.com.

For example, if it were to be 17.99 used it after CAG15, Edge Card, and Saver which is 15%, 10% and free shipping for being used it will be like this:

$17.99 *25%= $13.49[/QUOTE]

It's not 25% off. It's 17.99 * .15 = 15.29 *.10 = $13.99. Small difference. ;)

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I wonder if they will officially recognize this as a GH and PH game since it is $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Hah. It has to sell 900,000 (I think) units to make GH/PH status. I don't think it made it there.

[quote name='MegaMan3k']I beat this game in a rental, and the only reason I'd play it again is if I could get the blood patch/uncensored version.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I'd reccomend it for $15.[/QUOTE]

if you have it on pc you can mod it and on PS2 you can use codebreaker to make it uncensored which is awsome.

bread's done
Back