PUR $20 Off PreOwned

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
End of the World Deal - $20.12 Off 1 Pre-Owned Game
Steal of the Week!$ In honor of the upcoming end of the world, get $20.12 off the purchase of any one pre-owned game, from Monday, December 17, through Sunday, January 6. You’ll probably want to use it sooner than later. Trust us. It’s just 12,021 points. Hurry, this coupon is only available until Sunday, December 23!

Not too bad considering, the regular $20 off PreOwned, is oringally 16,000 points.

[quote name='mrclutch']So does someone know the dollars spent/traded to PUR points earned ratio?[/QUOTE]10 points per dollar for new game purchases and all console purchases (new and used, IIRC); 20 points per dollar for used game purchases/trade-ins. I think that for trade-ins, you get the value calculated from the base values, not after-promo values.

[quote name='technicalstylez']it'd be fairly easy to figure out if you look at your receipt and then your pur acct. stop being lazy and do the math lol.[/QUOTE]

Math? wat kinda frugal gamer does math?

[quote name='exaznkid']Math? wat kinda frugal gamer does math?[/QUOTE]

geez, how do you know if it's cheapass or not if you don't do any math...c'mon now.:D

So I bought 4 used games on Friday for 149.36 and got 3,344 points which works out to 22.4 points/dollar. They must calculate the points based on the value of the game before the 10% PUR discount since the original price was $171.96 which would be 20 points/dollar. Also the points are based on the final value of the trade. When I traded LEGO Batman 2, Dead Island GOTY and Just Dance 3 for $62.90 I got 1,280 points. and not the lesser amount from the base values.

guys the weekly add is in. re6 will be 39.99 and dragons dogma will be 29.99. this means with this coupon re6 will be less than 20$ and dragons dogma will be less than 10$ as the used prices will drop !

[quote name='Slight Defect']Does anyone know, since this coupon expires on Jan 6th, if they do a B2G1 sale, can I use this coupon in conjunction?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this as well.

I was unable to combine $10 off coupons with in-store B2G1s before. I assume this will be the same.

I'm gonna use this to get Lollipop Chainsaw, I think. PUR usually gives shitty rewards anyway. Doubt there'll be anything better than this for a long while.

I've been told numerous times by the GS cashier/button monkeys that any X$-off coupons used in conjunction with a b2g1f sale would be taken off of the "free" game automatically, thus negating any possible savings.

I'm hoping they drop Dragon's Dogma used for the Wednesday sale, as I would love to play that for

Used the coupon to get a sweet used copy of the Professional Edition of Hitman: Absolution on the 360 for $16. It is is great shape also with bonus disk and artbook.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Used the coupon to get a sweet used copy of the Professional Edition of Hitman: Absolution on the 360 for $16. It is is great shape also with bonus disk and artbook.[/QUOTE]

Finding a used game in good shape is a rarity at both of my local stores. I don't understand how people could spend their money on something and trash it so badly. Pet peeve of mine.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Finding a used game in good shape is a rarity at both of my local stores. I don't understand how people could spend their money on something and trash it so badly. Pet peeve of mine.[/QUOTE]

My nephews have no regard for their games. My sister won't buy them anymore for them. They have to use their own allowance or gift money. I will find disks in between the couch cushions and they have had to replace some games they scratched them so bad. It is ridiculous.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My nephews have no regard for their games. My sister won't buy them anymore for them. They have to use their own allowance or gift money. I will find disks in between the couch cushions and they have had to replace some games they scratched them so bad. It is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Geez. Hopefully your sister's tactic of forcing them to use their own money will help them appreciate the stuff more, since if it's broken they'll have to replace it themselves.

You know for those with the points, there's a pretty decent flip for a used MW3 to BB. The coupon gets you the game for free, and BB will give you 18 bucks for it. Not a bad way to burn through 12k points.

Also, I have never been able to use a coupon with a B2G1.

[quote name='burger96']You know for those with the points, there's a pretty decent flip for a used MW3 to BB. The coupon gets you the game for free, and BB will give you 18 bucks for it. Not a bad way to burn through 12k points.

Also, I have never been able to use a coupon with a B2G1.[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to ask this question because I saw MW3 that I have been interested in getting and saw for $19.99. Now is Gamestop going to allow you to use that coupon for the $20.12 off or are they like Best Buy where you have to purchase something more than the value?

well this deal is a SCAM i just printed out the coupon this morning and took it over to gamestop to get RE6 and they told me i already used this coupon...they checked my card activity and i have not used it but they say i have used it already WTF gamestop

[quote name='pedrobeara']well this deal is a SCAM i just printed out the coupon this morning and took it over to gamestop to get RE6 and they told me i already used this coupon...they checked my card activity and i have not used it but they say i have used it already WTF gamestop[/QUOTE]

Weird?!?! I hope this doesn't happen to all of us.

pisses me off because I'm having some health problems right now and the bills are piling up and i could really use the 20 dollars off

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Why would I want a used water filter?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pedrobeara']pisses me off because I'm having some health problems right now and the bills are piling up and i could really use the 20 dollars off[/QUOTE]

Both these quotes have me very confused.#-o

[quote name='pedrobeara']pisses me off because I'm having some health problems right now and the bills are piling up and i could really use the 20 dollars off[/QUOTE]

If bills are pilling up video games should be your last concern.

[quote name='pedrobeara']well this deal is a SCAM i just printed out the coupon this morning and took it over to gamestop to get RE6 and they told me i already used this coupon...they checked my card activity and i have not used it but they say i have used it already WTF gamestop[/QUOTE]

Cashier was probably being a dick and did not want to apply the coupon to the purchase. Does the use of the coupons bring his number down or something?

[quote name='nixmahn']Cashier was probably being a dick and did not want to apply the coupon to the purchase. Does the use of the coupons bring his number down or something?[/QUOTE]

nope even the manager came and said the computer says its already been used ....

I have about 50,000 pts and I printed out 1 of these coupons.

Can I buy the same coupon twice with more points?
The fine print says it is 1 coupon per customer so I don't want to risk it being invalid in store. But in my poweruprewards page I am still able to click on the get $20.12 off coupon so I not sure what is OK and what would invalidate the coupon.

Hmmm, I seem to recall that I've "bought" a couple of the same coupon before w/o problem. I think I ended up using one at different stores and they worked fine as they were different barcodes (i.e. unique coupons). Unfortunately, I forgot which coupon it was but it was earlier this year.

[quote name='TheEliminator62']I was actually going to ask this question because I saw MW3 that I have been interested in getting and saw for $19.99. Now is Gamestop going to allow you to use that coupon for the $20.12 off or are they like Best Buy where you have to purchase something more than the value?[/QUOTE]

Nope, used it on a 19.99 game no problem.

[quote name='burger96']Nope, used it on a 19.99 game no problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks as soon as the rain dies down i'll go snag this up

Probably a stupid question but does anybody know if you can use both the B2G1 and this coupon to get like 3 games for $20? lol

FYI the used price of Halo 4 DID NOT drop along with new copies today so just be aware of that in case you wanted to use this coupon on that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the used price of Halo 4 DID NOT drop along with new copies today so just be aware of that in case you wanted to use this coupon on that.[/QUOTE]

Neither did Borderlands 2 + that seems to be online only for the new copy.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Neither did Borderlands 2 + that seems to be online only for the new copy.[/QUOTE]

So even though the online used price is $54.99 my GS had the used copies for $37.99 and with PUR it is $34.19. No overrides or anything.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the used price of Halo 4 DID NOT drop along with new copies today so just be aware of that in case you wanted to use this coupon on that.[/QUOTE]

Are you basing this on the website or did you have an employee scan it in store and confirm this?

employee refused to take my coupon, but took the discount price off anyway...? Said something about having used one already, so the system wouldn't take it, and he just took off the discount manually. And I still have the coupon as active in my account, so....cool. gonna buy another horrid ps3 JRPG. :)

[quote name='taylort3']employee refused to take my coupon, but took the discount price off anyway...? Said something about having used one already, so the system wouldn't take it, and he just took off the discount manually. And I still have the coupon as active in my account, so....cool. gonna buy another horrid ps3 JRPG. :)[/QUOTE]
weird, i didn't have this issue. maybe that data shows up at the point of transaction and the clerk makes a judgement call whether to honor the coupon or not. try a different gamestop location. i used 5 $20.12 coupons this week on 3 NintendoLands (wiiu) and 2 Modern Warfare 3's (xbox). the only thing that went wrong was that none of the coupons actually scanned. each time the clerk had to manually type in the barcode number.

[quote name='PublikDefender']weird, i didn't have this issue. maybe that data shows up at the point of transaction and the clerk makes a judgement call whether to honor the coupon or not. try a different gamestop location. i used 5 $20.12 coupons this week on 3 NintendoLands (wiiu) and 2 Modern Warfare 3's (xbox). the only thing that went wrong was that none of the coupons actually scanned. each time the clerk had to manually type in the barcode number.[/QUOTE]
yeah he tried to use two coupons in one transaction, so the system wouldn't accept both. His stupidity, my gain.

bread's done
Back