PUR Steal of the Week - 1000 points for used Halo 3 at $4.99

Really? Why? Points for a $4.99 copy of Halo 3? Those points should earn us free games.. not shitty coupons. You can get this game used for $7.49 on Amazon in "Good" condition (which typically is the best possible condition you'll find a game at GameStop).

Poured so many hours into this...I'm sure the community is more than robust enough to find some good matches, still. If you own an Xbox 360 and have somehow avoided this title, you can't get a much better game for $4-5.

Halo 3 is still pretty good online. My friends started playing the other night, and it was pretty easy getting into a game.

If its just multiplayer you want to play, though, I'd save money to find ODST with both disks. The ODST disk contained all of the Halo 3 maps, so its the best deal, despite the campaign in ODST being complete and utter shit.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Halo 3 is still pretty good online. My friends started playing the other night, and it was pretty easy getting into a game.

If its just multiplayer you want to play, though, I'd save money to find ODST with both disks. The ODST disk contained all of the Halo 3 maps, so its the best deal, despite the campaign in ODST being complete and utter shit.[/QUOTE]
Apparently Family Video is selling their extra Halo 3 MP discs for $5, so yeah, the only reason to get this is for campaign.

The campaign is what I'm mainly getting this for. I already know that the game's campaign is short. Would you all say that the campaign in Halo 3 is worth $10?

I might pass on this seeing how I can wait for a Buy 2 Get 1 free from either Gamestop/Bestbuy/Target/ToysRUs to get a new copy at $20.

Honestly, Halo's campaigns are the only ones I actually always seem to finish (and often finish multiple times to get achievements). All other shooters' campaigns are boring to me. I logged 12 DAYS of playtime in Black Ops multiplayer, and still haven't finished half the campaign.

If you haven't played Halo 3... do it. To this date, I still think it's the best multiplayer shooter every created.

bread's done
Back