Purchase Red Dead Redemption from Gamestop.com and recieve $10 off future purchase

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw that gamestop.com updated their Red Dead Redemption page, now when you purchase it online you get a future $10 gift card for online use only (which honestly are a pain in the ass as you can't use any other deal with them). BUT, a little extra incentive if you haven't preordered yet to get the special edition at regular price, here's the link:

Xbox 360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74710
PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74711

All in all, if you use 15NEW you can get the Gamestop Exclusive Special Edition of Red Dead Redemption for $51 (or $45 with 25off with over $100) and get:

• The Game
  • The Soundtrack
  • Deadly Assassin Outfit
  • Exclusive Challenges
  • $10 off future purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get the FREESHIP to work!

I am trying to get Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption using 25OFF but it wont let me use free ship and it charges me an extra $20 for shipping.

Any ideas?

[quote name='life.exe']FREESHIP code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='musicjunkie']Does anyone have experience on how FREESHIP works? If you apply it then it still charges you and even says the standard "The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart"

Do I just select value shipping and when they see the code on my order they do overnight or something?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this, too. It lists FREESHIP as an entered code, but is still going to charge me for overnight. No way I'm authorizing the total in hopes they refund me.

[quote name='swarmster']Thanks!

I'd like to know this, too. It lists FREESHIP as an entered code, but is still going to charge me for overnight. No way I'm authorizing the total in hopes they refund me.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Ended up e-mailing GS but for some reason I have the odd feeling they are going to say 25OFF and FREESHIP don't stack in which case I'll just stick with the 25OFF.

It would be great for future reference to know if FREESHIP means 'no matter what shipping you select its overnight' or 'select overnight and we'll charge you but refund you somehow at some point'.

cant believe this but i cancelled my order with Amazon for both Mario Galaxy 2 & Red Dead Redemption. Ordered the following

Red Dead Redemption xbox360
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Red Steel 2 used
Alone in the dark used

my total was $116 w/tax(25OFF and Edge)

Maybe refund is kind of a gamble with GameStop as there is a good deal of incompetence within the company.

Found 25OFF expires 04/30/2010. If anyone wants to know, also check this out...

Coupon 25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.
clear.gif
clear.gif

Says it doesn't combine with other offers and offer is subject to change. Kind of weird.

[quote name='Erathaol']Maybe refund is kind of a gamble with GameStop as there is a good deal of incompetence within the company.

Found 25OFF expires 04/30/2010. If anyone wants to know, also check this out...

Coupon 25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.
clear.gif
clear.gif

Says it doesn't combine with other offers and offer is subject to change. Kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

But anticulture seems to have reported it working with FREESHIP... I sure wish I knew how.

[quote name='BrolyB593']But anticulture seems to have reported it working with FREESHIP... I sure wish I knew how.[/QUOTE]

PM anticulture about it, maybe they can shed some light on the issue. As I also found through google searching that someone got 25OFF and 10AUTO to work but didn't explain how. I don't know how to PM in CAG.

>.>

[quote name='Erathaol']PM anticulture about it, maybe they can shed some light on the issue. As I also found through google searching that someone got 25OFF and 10AUTO to work but didn't explain how. I don't know how to PM in CAG.

>.>[/QUOTE]
Click on their name on the left above their avatar and select 'Send a private message to ABC' from the dropdown menu.

There's no restriction on how many of these $10 coupons you can get, is there? I know Amazon restricts offers to one per address. I've ordered RDR for myself and for a friend, just wondering whether I'll get two coupon codes or not.

Thanks for posting this. I've been struggling with the decision of whether to get this from GS or Amazon. Finally decided to go with GS since they've matched the $10.

One thing I hate about GS on-line is that they always screw up passwords for me. Seriously, this happens all the time with them. I even made a new password just now and tried logging back in after I checked out and it didn't work. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, you can get free shipping without even using FREESHIP if you pick value shipping. Yes it takes longer, but it's free shipping and the 5-10 days extra beat risking messing up the potential combined offers hitch.

Edit: So now after having yet another password malfunction, I had to make a new one. I looked under the Order History and now nothing is showing up. Does it take a while for something to show up here, or do you think they cleared my order?

[quote name='sasuke543']I really don't know what to do...I used to hate on Gamestop, but which is exactly the better deal? D:[/QUOTE]

If you only buying Red Dead Redemption than Amazon is the better deal.

Lower Price, No Sale Tax (CA 8.25%), Free Shipping, Gold Guns DLC and $10 Dollars toward a Future Purchase.

If your getting another game with Red Dead Redemption that equals the sum total of 100+ than Gamestop is the better deal.

25% off and sweet DLC (Challenge Modes, Costume)

Overnight prices hurt both and the Sales Tax does a deeper cut on GS but the 25% softens it a bit.

--PM'd anticultur, hope we don't flood his account with PM's

:lol:

Edit- Gamestop is the better deal even if your only buying RDR, as 15NEW code gets you 15% off and free shipping with game purchase. This offer expires 4/30.

I'd say GameStop is the better deal in this case. I only ordered the one game, and used 15new and saver to get 15% off and free shipping. Came to $54.56, which is cheaper than Amazon, and GameStop's special edition bundle includes the game soundtrack and extra challenges.

I hate GameStop, but they're the better option in this instance.

Edit: @Erathol: The GS deal is still cheaper even if you only get RDR if you use 15new. It takes $9 off.

[quote name='Erathaol']If you only buying Red Dead Redemption than Amazon is the better deal.

Lower Price, No Sale Tax (CA 8.25%), Free Shipping, Gold Guns DLC and $10 Dollars toward a Future Purchase.

If your getting another game with Red Dead Redemption that equals the sum total of 100+ than Gamestop is the better deal.

25% off and sweet DLC (Challenge Modes, Costume)

Overnight prices hurt both and the Sales Tax does a deeper cut on GS but the 25% softens it a bit.

--PM'd anticultur, hope we don't flood his account with PM's

:lol:[/QUOTE]

sorry to sound like a noob,but why are you PM anticultur for?

and I would only get Red Dead Redemption if it was cheap, the games I'm getting for sure though are Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Modnation Racers! Is Amazon still the better deal or Gamestop?

[quote name='sasuke543']I really don't know what to do...I used to hate on Gamestop, but which is exactly the better deal? D:[/QUOTE]
Amazon: $57 (+no tax most places) / golden guns DLC / $10 credit / free fast/slow shipping (if you have prime or not)
Gamestop: $45 with 25% or $51 with 15% coupon (+tax most places) / assassin DLC / challenges DLC / $10 credit / free slow shipping (unless you somehow get FREESHIP to work for free overnight shipping)

So it looks like Gamestop is slightly ahead, unless Amazon drops price or pulls another bonus out.

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']Edit: @Erathol: The GS deal is still cheaper even if you only get RDR if you use 15new. It takes $9 off.[/QUOTE]

Your right. Gamestop seems to have won this one. At least until the 4/30, after that most of the codes expire.

:/

@sasuke543

This is why.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Because anitculture reported that he (or she idk) got FREESHIP and 25OFF to work in conjunction with each other.[/QUOTE]

It would be great if there is a way to get FREESHIP to work, save us money and time.

Since there's a lot of discussion comparing GS and Amazon, I just thought I'd point out that the Amazon $10 promotion is for a gift card good towards anything...not just a future game purchase.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Amazon: $57 (+no tax most places) / golden guns DLC / $10 credit / free fast/slow shipping (if you have prime or not)
Gamestop: $45 with 25% or $51 with 15% coupon (+tax most places) / assassin DLC / challenges DLC / $10 credit / free slow shipping (unless you somehow get FREESHIP to work for free overnight shipping)

So it looks like Gamestop is slightly ahead, unless Amazon drops price or pulls another bonus out.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop since the Amazon golden gun stuff can be done in game, while I'm guessing the challenges DLC (and maybe the assassin dlc) will be exclusive.

Funny that I went to GS and ordered RDR and noticed that $10 coupon before I found this thread. I cancelled my Alan Wake preorder and re-pre-ordered it with RDR in order to use 25OFF again.

Previously, I was lucky and was able to get in on that ME2 LE that GS briefly had in stock and I ordered that plus the Alan Wake LE to get over $100 and 25OFF. They charged me the $55 or so it cost for ME2 and shipped it out, leaving Alan Wake on preorder. I cancelled that Alan Wake preorder to use 25OFF again with RDR. Will they go back and charge me the extra money I "should" have paid for ME2? The order stats on the GS website says closed and it looks all finalized. I would understand if they did charge, but otherwise it seems like 25OFF is ripe for abuse by just preordering some random game to get over $100, then cancelling it seemingly without penalty?

Anyways it's kind of funny because I chose the slow free shipping on purpose- I am going to be out of town on May 18th and won't even be there to receive the package. I actually wanted it to be an in-store pickup but I guess 25OFF does not work for that. I called them and asked about it they said it did not qualify. Anyhow I am just in total shock that I actually have paid GS money for new games, and preorders at that! These LE lately have been totally suckering me in to buying. Otherwise I would just wait for big price drops after the game is released, as I really don't care about playing the games right away or on day 1. But if you want the LE I feel like you should get in earlier because sometimes they go OOS (like ME2).

Ruahrc

Anybody know if the promo coupons stack? Like could I stack the $10 with RDR and the $20 with SMG 2? If so, that would make this deal so much more worth it.

[quote name='-Mystery-']Anybody know if the promo coupons stack? Like could I stack the $10 with RDR and the $20 with SMG 2? If so, that would make this deal so much more worth it.[/QUOTE]

I think some of you may be misunderstanding the situation.

RDR's $10 GS credit and SMG 2's $20 GS credit are sent to you via an email code AFTER these games ship. It's not like you will be able to use them for these purchases. Only for future purchases.

Now..if you currently happen to have GS credit, I do not know if they will stack with online promo codes 25OFF, 15NEW, etc.

As for trying to stack 25OFF with FREESHIP...it cannot happen. I tried every single possible variable in trying to do so. Whoever mentioned they could was probably not paying attention to the checkout notice up above.

I also cannot believe I am contemplating on pre-ordering not one, but TWO new games from Gamestop (RDR and UFC 2010). Even with tax, it ends up being cheaper than Amazon and I still get a total of $20 credit. I just hope both of these come sealed as there is absolutely no reason to gut someone's pre-ordered game...none.

Meh, this is only better for those who are willing to use the value shipping. RDR is coming to around to $63 on GS with overnight shipping (freeship isn't working for me) I'll keep my AMZ order for $57 and have the game delivered to my door on release day for free..ish (Prime member)

[quote name='Ruahrc']
Previously, I was lucky and was able to get in on that ME2 LE that GS briefly had in stock and I ordered that plus the Alan Wake LE to get over $100 and 25OFF. They charged me the $55 or so it cost for ME2 and shipped it out, leaving Alan Wake on preorder. I cancelled that Alan Wake preorder to use 25OFF again with RDR. Will they go back and charge me the extra money I "should" have paid for ME2? The order stats on the GS website says closed and it looks all finalized. I would understand if they did charge, but otherwise it seems like 25OFF is ripe for abuse by just preordering some random game to get over $100, then cancelling it seemingly without penalty?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

this is fraud is it not?

[quote name='dino88']Since there's a lot of discussion comparing GS and Amazon, I just thought I'd point out that the Amazon $10 promotion is for a gift card good towards anything...not just a future game purchase.[/QUOTE]

I think you got that wrong...I thought it was only towards anything video game related

Incase anybody does not know, it is likely that the $10 and $20 coupons will NOT be stackable. You will probably have to use one at a time and they will also probably not stack with any other coupons. I have had about 3 of these $ - off future orders and they don't work with each other or any other coupon.

[quote name='sasuke543']I think you got that wrong...I thought it was only towards anything video game related[/QUOTE]
Nope the RDR gift card on Amazon is a gift card - usable on anything, not a vg credit.

[quote name='sasuke543']oh wow you are right i didn't notice that...why don't they do that with all the other games??:roll:[/QUOTE]

Would be nice wouldn't it.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I also cannot believe I am contemplating on pre-ordering not one, but TWO new games from Gamestop (RDR and UFC 2010). Even with tax, it ends up being cheaper than Amazon and I still get a total of $20 credit. I just hope both of these come sealed as there is absolutely no reason to gut someone's pre-ordered game...none.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I was scared of doing pre-orders with GameStop for a long time for the same reason, but with some of the insane deals they've been offering lately, I've gone ahead and done several. Every single one of my pre-orders that I've gotten has come in factory sealed, with no problems whatsoever.

I have gotten re-wrapped games from them a few times with games that have been out for a while, but again, it has never happened with a pre-order.

My suspicion is that when you get a re-wrapped game from the website, the reason is that it has come from excess store stock which was gutted in the store, but which was then returned to the warehouse after it didn't sell. Assuming that's the case, I don't think there's really any chance of a pre-order coming in gutted.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I think some of you may be misunderstanding the situation.

RDR's $10 GS credit and SMG 2's $20 GS credit are sent to you via an email code AFTER these games ship. It's not like you will be able to use them for these purchases. Only for future purchases.

Now..if you currently happen to have GS credit, I do not know if they will stack with online promo codes 25OFF, 15NEW, etc.

As for trying to stack 25OFF with FREESHIP...it cannot happen. I tried every single possible variable in trying to do so. Whoever mentioned they could was probably not paying attention to the checkout notice up above.

I also cannot believe I am contemplating on pre-ordering not one, but TWO new games from Gamestop (RDR and UFC 2010). Even with tax, it ends up being cheaper than Amazon and I still get a total of $20 credit. I just hope both of these come sealed as there is absolutely no reason to gut someone's pre-ordered game...none.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm referring to a future order. Lets say I get the codes and wanna order ModNation Racers. Would I be able to use both codes for my purchase of ModNation Racers? That's what I'm wondering.

[quote name='arcane93']For what it's worth, I was scared of doing pre-orders with GameStop for a long time for the same reason, but with some of the insane deals they've been offering lately, I've gone ahead and done several. Every single one of my pre-orders that I've gotten has come in factory sealed, with no problems whatsoever.

I have gotten re-wrapped games from them a few times with games that have been out for a while, but again, it has never happened with a pre-order.

My suspicion is that when you get a re-wrapped game from the website, the reason is that it has come from excess store stock which was gutted in the store, but which was then returned to the warehouse after it didn't sell. Assuming that's the case, I don't think there's really any chance of a pre-order coming in gutted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! That's what I was hoping to hear. But I forgot I have a $10 Amazon credit coming to me for pre-ordering SSFIV...which will make RDR $47 and then use the $10 I get from that towards UFC 2010, making it $50, with another $10.

Basically the only incentive GS is offering that still is hooking me in is the exclusive bonuses for both, RDR's Assassin Outfit, Extra Challenges, and the OST, and UFC's 4 extra Ultimate Fighters. Both these GS bonuses are better than Amazon's. Hmmm...

[quote name='-Mystery-']No, I'm referring to a future order. Lets say I get the codes and wanna order ModNation Racers. Would I be able to use both codes for my purchase of ModNation Racers? That's what I'm wondering.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...OK. Good question. Some here have stated that each individual gift credit does not stack with another. You have to use one credit for one order and the other for a different order. If this is the case, then that blows.

[quote name='FOOTE']Meh, this is only better for those who are willing to use the value shipping. RDR is coming to around to $63 on GS with overnight shipping (freeship isn't working for me) I'll keep my AMZ order for $57 and have the game delivered to my door on release day for free..ish (Prime member)[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the value shipping (usually only takes a couple of days to reach me, and I'm not that impatient ;) ). But regardless, are you guys not preordering this w/ the 25OFF code? Just add something else to the preorder to put it up over $100 (I preordered BlazBlue Continuum Shift & threw in a .99 used sports game to put it up there). That code takes $15 off of a $60 game, so you'd be getting RDR for $45 + tax with a $10 future credit.

Value shipping is I think always free for anything over 25 bucks. Not super speedy(still never waited over a week), but free.

Pre-ordered this along with UFC 2010 (also comes with a free $10 coupon code).

Combo of EA store epicness, GS $25 TIV list, and 25OFF saved me a ton for these two and gets me $20 back after they ship. Damn, I love this site. Thanks OP :D

Hmm so the credits for RDR and Super Mario Galaxy probably will not stack for $30 off a single order in the future. That does blow. Still a good deal though.

Also someone else had asked for all games from Gamestop that come with a credit. As far as I can tell it's only SMG2 and RDR

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm so the credits for RDR and Super Mario Galaxy probably will not stack for $30 off a single order in the future. That does blow. Still a good deal though.

Also someone else had asked for all games from Gamestop that come with a credit. As far as I can tell it's only SMG2 and RDR[/QUOTE]

UFC game has $10 credit with it.

Jesus Christ. I go to work for a few hours, and the entire CAG board is screaming my name. ;)

So, to answer the question quickly: no, FREESHIP and 25OFF do not stack. It blows. I'm angry. You're angry.

But here's the weird thing...

When I jumped in on the GOW III deal last week, every coupon I used stacked (10AUTO, 25OFF and so forth). So when I went to grab RDR upon viewing this thread, my game ended up being something like $41 before tax, as the coupons appeared to be stuck in my cart. "Odd, that" I thought to myself.

Stupidly, I removed the coupon codes, the see if I could re-enter them to take advantage of FREESHIP. No such luck. Now, I'm stuck with only being able to use 25OFF (which is where my last figure game from). And here's the best part:

25OFF doesn't seem to be discounting a damn thing anymore. In fact, it changed to say "16 off used games". I think their coupon system is trashed.

Ah well. fuck Gamestop, I guess. Looks like I'm going back to Amazon to pay a premium for being able to sleep better at night. :nottalking:

P.S. Sorry for all of the crushed hopes and dreams.

Update 1:

Now 25OFF is working again...apparently...

It sometimes vanishes during checkout (which is why I didn't pull the trigger before I left for work).

I can't believe it. I though I had life all figured out. "Gamestop sucks."
Now here I am, with a Starcraft beta code courtesy of my once mortal enemy along with two pending orders that I'm getting great deals on. What the hell?

[quote name='BouncingSoul']I can't believe it. I though I had life all figured out. "Gamestop sucks."
Now here I am, with a Starcraft beta code courtesy of my once mortal enemy along with two pending orders that I'm getting great deals on. What the hell?[/QUOTE]

Heh, tell me about it. I hardly bought anything from them before, but now, thanks to the 25OFF coupon, I have nearly every game that I plan to purchase at release (along with several others that I said "what the hell" with the discount) over the rest of this year pre-ordered through GameStop. If they're actually still making money with the coupon (which they must be if they're offering it, though from what I know of the margin on video games I can't see how), then it was sheer genius on their part.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']^ Yea i am wondering how gamestop is earning anything from these games.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if maybe it's the break-even point for them, and they're hoping that giving us this deal now will draw us in as long-term customers. For that matter, it may well work. That being said, I don't know if they counted on people like me doing their orders for the rest of the year with it! :lol:

They're making money because they don't buy games at MSRP. Retail games, bought directly from publishers, typically cost $10-15.

Sure, their margins are lower with these coupons (just slightly), but part of their strategy is probably "Well, if we attract more people to our ecosystem, we'll get more used products to sell." Happy customers are returning customers.

Also, it's obviously a bit of a shot at Amazon. GameStop is obviously starting to consider online sales as their future business model, and competing with Amazon is part of that strategy.

bread's done
Back