Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

My boss has a 10/27 super saver order that shipped today (or at least is in 'preparing to be shipped' status). On the other hand, my dad has a 10/27 order that hasn't shipped and has had no status update. I have a 9/15 overnight order that hasn't shipped. All shipped to the same metro area.

My updated shipping date says mine is a go to be shipped tomorrow, the 17th, and that I'll have it on the 20th, meaning it must be going out via UPS so as not to arrive on Saturday.

First Nintendo, and now Amazon is doing the "slower shipping" orders first. Makes me want to downgrade from 2-day shipping to Super Saver.

Anger rising! my overnighter still has a sept. 25-oct2nd delivery estimate. -I didn't want to mess up my chances by changing the shipping. But no movement as of yet *crosses fingers*

[quote name='soliddragon']Anger rising! my overnighter still has a sept. 25-oct2nd delivery estimate. -I didn't want to mess up my chances. But no movement as of yet *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

im in the same boat

one of you guys who are in the same boat as me call amazon and see whats up. i hate the phone too much to bother :p

If you chose overnight shipping, they won't be able to ship it until November 18 for delivery on Monday would be my guess. Nintendo would throw a hissy fit if anyone go their systems on the 18th. I'm expecting mine on Monday and I chose free shipping. They say expect it on Tuesday, but I'd be shocked if it didn't show up on Monday, just from my past experience with UPS and Super Saver Shipping.

[quote name='rooter']one of you guys who are in the same boat as me call amazon and see whats up. i hate the phone too much to bother :p[/QUOTE]

I had emailed them about my delivery est. earlier this week and just got the stock "Not available until Nov. 19th." Answer, I'm hoping Rictor here is right! :whistle2:&

I have to admit I'll be rather pissed if everyone gets their systems at the same time, no matter what shipping option they chose.

Ehh, I switched my order to Super Saver just to see what happens. It now has a Shipping Estimate of the 21st with delivery for the 27th-28th.:oops:

EDIT: Just a few seconds after changing my shipping speed, it now says this:

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

[quote name='Miranda']Ehh, I switched my order to Super Saver just to see what happens. It now has a Shipping Estimate of the 21st with delivery for the 27th-28th.:oops:

EDIT: Just a few seconds after changing my shipping speed, it now says this:[/QUOTE]
I ended up doing the same thing and had the same result. I don't think overnight shipping is going to speed things up much, if at all. I've often had supersaver things arrive VERY quickly, so I'm hoping that'll be the case with this.

I'm definitely tempted to switch my 9/15 overnight preorder back to 2-day, or even free (I was in an Amazon Prime trial when I ordered, although I let it lapse, would I even be eligible for free 2 day again?)... but I'm scared with the short week next week that it'll be VERY easy to get delayed going ground... I'd hate to screw things up after being lucky enough to get in on a pre-order THAT early! I'd REALLY hate someone in Amazon's customer service (if I complained) to cancel my order on me or something misunderstanding what I am trying to explain.

I would assume the overnight shipments are going out tomorrow for guaranteed delivery Monday. I really hope Amazon doesn't do something stupid like ship them Monday. :p I may just complain later if they botch this, but keep my fingers crossed for now. I would hope the latest my Wii will arrive is Tuesday.

(and while I understand WHY they're doing this, it does seem kinda wrong to charge us extra for overnight while bending over backwards so that the free shipping people get theirs the same day-- seems like they should've just shipped them all out tomorrow, first come/first served, and if you paid for overnight you get it sooner... just like with anything else)

I ordered O/N shipping and my order does not at all look to be in process yet. Looks like Amazon's helping the cheapasses first :p ;)

I'm thinking it would be better to have used Free Saver Shipping. Isn't Amazon closed on weekends? That would mean they would ship on Monday, so next-day shipping would cause our Wii to arrive on Tuesday. While if we would have picked free shipping, since they are shipping it out now, it will take its sweet time traveling over the weekend and arrive on Monday. (I doubt they will ship next-day on Friday considering we would get them a day earlier than launch - ie. pissing Nintendo off).

[quote name='Kendro']I'm thinking it would be better to have used Free Saver Shipping. Isn't Amazon closed on weekends? That would mean they would ship on Monday, so next-day shipping would cause our Wii to arrive on Tuesday. While if we would have picked free shipping, since they are shipping it out now, it will take its sweet time traveling over the weekend and arrive on Monday. (I doubt they will ship next-day on Friday considering we would get them a day earlier than launch - ie. pissing Nintendo off).[/QUOTE]

They usually use the cheapest overnight shipping, which is next-business-day, i.e., Friday shipments would arrive Monday. Saturday delivery is much more.

I just wonder how many of these super saver shipments will get stuck and delayed until after Thanksgiving? I'd definitely rather pay the $3.99 overnight price and guarantee a unit before the long weekend. As long as Amazon decides to actually ship at a decent time. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']I'm definitely tempted to switch my 9/15 overnight preorder back to 2-day, or even free (I was in an Amazon Prime trial when I ordered, although I let it lapse, would I even be eligible for free 2 day again?)... but I'm scared with the short week next week that it'll be VERY easy to get delayed going ground... I'd hate to screw things up after being lucky enough to get in on a pre-order THAT early! I'd REALLY hate someone in Amazon's customer service (if I complained) to cancel my order on me or something misunderstanding what I am trying to explain.

I would assume the overnight shipments are going out tomorrow for guaranteed delivery Monday. I really hope Amazon doesn't do something stupid like ship them Monday. :p I may just complain later if they botch this, but keep my fingers crossed for now. I would hope the latest my Wii will arrive is Tuesday.

(and while I understand WHY they're doing this, it does seem kinda wrong to charge us extra for overnight while bending over backwards so that the free shipping people get theirs the same day-- seems like they should've just shipped them all out tomorrow, first come/first served, and if you paid for overnight you get it sooner... just like with anything else)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat there! I ordered when I had a Prime trial membership. I badly want to change shipping to see if it'll start the shipment process, but I dont want to eff it up!! Lol! Angry, scared and excited all at once!! XD

[quote name='Justin42']I'm definitely tempted to switch my 9/15 overnight preorder back to 2-day, or even free (I was in an Amazon Prime trial when I ordered, although I let it lapse, would I even be eligible for free 2 day again?)... but I'm scared with the short week next week that it'll be VERY easy to get delayed going ground... I'd hate to screw things up after being lucky enough to get in on a pre-order THAT early! I'd REALLY hate someone in Amazon's customer service (if I complained) to cancel my order on me or something misunderstanding what I am trying to explain.

(and while I understand WHY they're doing this, it does seem kinda wrong to charge us extra for overnight while bending over backwards so that the free shipping people get theirs the same day-- seems like they should've just shipped them all out tomorrow, first come/first served, and if you paid for overnight you get it sooner... just like with anything else)[/QUOTE]

I agree that this all seems rather foul to me. People don't choose overnight shipping cause they enjoy paying more, they do it because they expect to get their merchandise in the fastest manner possible. That being said, I got my shipping charge waived when I inquired about the ship date and with overnight I am pretty much assured that I will be my console by Tuesday afternoon at the latest, which is key because I'm heading out of town that evening. If I switched to super saver, I'd have no such assurance. So I think I'll stick with overnight, especially on the off chance that they send them out tomorrow or saturday.

I called and the rep kept telling me that it can't ship until the 19th. I explained there is no way they would ship on a Sunday and that people from an online community that I am a part of has received emails that few have shipped already. After that he told me to hold and came back saying that he had confirmation that the units were set to be shipped the 17th and assured me mine would ship sometime tommorrow and arrive by Monday. If he was in front of me I probably would have kicked him but I hope he's telling the truth.

[quote name='icruise']I have to admit I'll be rather pissed if everyone gets their systems at the same time, no matter what shipping option they chose.[/quote]

Well, I have pre-ordered games from Amazon many times and I've always received them on launch day with free super saver shipping. I don't know why a console would be any different, especially since it shipped today. I don't know why anyone would every pay for shipping on Amazon...the free shipping is lightning fast unless you order something that's out of stock or is coming from a third party warehouse somewhere, like some obscure book.

Well, the problem with Super Saver shipping from Amazon in general is not that it takes a long time to arrive, it's that they can take a long time to ship it in the first place. They give priority to the other shipping methods. I also use super saver shipping for everything from Amazon, and while some things come really quick, others can take forever before the even ship. So I was trying to avoid that by bumping up my shipping method. But it does seem like in this case it makes no difference what method you choose.

[quote name='joeposh']I agree that this all seems rather foul to me. People don't choose overnight shipping cause they enjoy paying more, they do it because they expect to get their merchandise in the fastest manner possible. That being said, I got my shipping charge waived when I inquired about the ship date and with overnight I am pretty much assured that I will be my console by Tuesday afternoon at the latest, which is key because I'm heading out of town that evening. If I switched to super saver, I'd have no such assurance. So I think I'll stick with overnight, especially on the off chance that they send them out tomorrow or saturday.[/QUOTE]

Here's the difference in this case.

You're PRE-ORDERING SOMETHING.

If you bought a Nintendo DS on Amazon at the same time I bought a Nintendo DS on Amazon, with you choosing overnight and me choosing two-day or super saver, I would jolly well expect it to get to you first.

In this case, the item is not supposed to be released until Sunday. All signs point to them being released early. Two points come from that:

1) You, and anyone else crying foul about the unfairness of shipping, should just zip it. You won't be getting your system later than people in the same region who picked slower shipping.

2) This is a pre-order, I'll say it again. The only resolution to stop the pissing and moaning of those who find their shipping won't be faster is to send out the slower shipping items last. So, it's more of a zero-sum game (you want others to get their system later so you can derive the value from upgraded shipping, since you cannot conceivably get it sooner as it's a pre-order) than anything else. That's the only reasonable solution (lest Amazon not offer different shipping variations on preordered items; though, to be fair, I doubt they get this many bitchy customers about a DVD release).

I just called amazon and I told them more or less WTF since I pre-ordered my Wii the very first day 8 am September 15th and why other peoples are shipping and mine hasn't. The guy said mine is actually shipping and I should have it TOMORROW! (FRIDAY) they upgraded me to overnight before when I emailed them. I asked if I should be getting an email he said yes. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I get it.

I think a reasonable person would expect that the orders would go out at the same time (or possibly in the order that people ordered). No one is saying that the people with free shipping (that's me now) should have their systems shipped LATER, but it seems odd that they're being shipped EARLIER.

Edit: And if people really do get them on Friday with overnight shipping, I'll feel like an idiot for switching to free shipping. Still, I don't really have time to play it now, and none of my games have arrived yet, so I'd be stuck playing Wii Sports anyway.

[quote name='icruise']I think a reasonable person would expect that the orders would go out at the same time (or possibly in the order that people ordered). No one is saying that the people with free shipping (that's me now) should have their systems shipped LATER, but it seems odd that they're being shipped EARLIER.[/QUOTE]

Eggs-actlly!

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I just called amazon and I told them more or less WTF since I pre-ordered my Wii the very first day 8 am September 15th and why other peoples are shipping and mine hasn't. The guy said mine is actually shipping and I should have it TOMORROW! (FRIDAY) they upgraded me to overnight before when I emailed them. I asked if I should be getting an email he said yes. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I get it.[/quote]Unless it says it's in Shipping Soon status right now, I don't think it can still ship today. You might of just gotten their standard response.

Grr. You win some, you lose some. Got my components shipped earlier from Nintendo because I choose Blue (2 day), but I upgraded to Next day shipping for the system from Amazon.

Seriously, they should have disclaimers stating these things. It's not like Amazon's making money on this, they're just costing us money (and giving it to the shipping companies).

Mykevermin: No. It's about putting up a disclaimer so people don't needlessly piss away money to the carriers. Neither Amazon nor the customer wins. Disclaimers FTW!

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I just called amazon and I told them more or less WTF since I pre-ordered my Wii the very first day 8 am September 15th and why other peoples are shipping and mine hasn't. The guy said mine is actually shipping and I should have it TOMORROW! (FRIDAY) they upgraded me to overnight before when I emailed them. I asked if I should be getting an email he said yes. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I get it.[/QUOTE]
REALLY!!!!!

[quote name='lawl']Unless it says it's in Shipping Soon status right now, I don't think it can still ship today. You might of just gotten their standard response.[/quote]

If so then he lied right to me on the phone. I asked him that and he said they're open til 8 and if I don't get an email that it's shipping today then call them tomorrow. If I have to call tomorrow I'm gonna ask for them to waive all shipping costs. (right now I'm paying $8 for overnight since they upgraded me to overnight according to the customer service rep)

[quote name='icruise']I think a reasonable person would expect that the orders would go out at the same time (or possibly in the order that people ordered). No one is saying that the people with free shipping (that's me now) should have their systems shipped LATER, but it seems odd that they're being shipped EARLIER.

Edit: And if people really do get them on Friday with overnight shipping, I'll feel like an idiot for switching to free shipping. Still, I don't really have time to play it now, and none of my games have arrived yet, so I'd be stuck playing Wii Sports anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's not odd because ideally, you aren't supposed to get your system before 11/19. That's the only explanation for a staggered shipment, to avoid 'breaking street date.' They do have to abide by that, y'know.

So, with that point in mind, they couldn't reasonably send out the overnights until tomorrow/Saturday to avoid you getting them early. Which leads me back to my point that the only way to please those who preordered with overnight shipping would have been to ensure that the cheaper shipping option preorders get theirs later. Not a winning business plan, IMO.

Should there have been a disclaimer? Perhaps. I doubt they ever have this much pissing and moaning over a released item, however (consider their 100 email signup to Wii consoles on hand ratio), so I'd call this a consumer anomaly brought on by irrational fanaticism, and something you won't experience again until the next console cycle.

[quote name='icruise']I think a reasonable person would expect that the orders would go out at the same time (or possibly in the order that people ordered). No one is saying that the people with free shipping (that's me now) should have their systems shipped LATER, but it seems odd that they're being shipped EARLIER.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Very odd.

Mine has shipped via FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING via USPS. I had overnight all along, but changed it earlier this week. I didn't want to pay the $14 or so for overnight. I'm not impatient.

I'll update the thread title to show that they are shipping.

It seems like they all should've gone out Friday, first come first served.

If you paid extra for overnight, you get it Monday. (because unless you pay for Saturday delivery-- which Amazon doesn't offer, no one is going to bring it to you Saturday).

If you paid for 2-day, you get it Tuesday.

If you didn't pay and got free shipping, it shows up when it shows up. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']It seems like they all should've gone out Friday, first come first served.

If you paid extra for overnight, you get it Monday. (because unless you pay for Saturday delivery-- which Amazon doesn't offer, no one is going to bring it to you Saturday).

If you didn't pay and got free shipping, it shows up when it shows up. ;)[/QUOTE]

That would certainly make the most amount of sense. But from an operations standpoint, getting that done plus the normal daily load may very well be impratical.

[quote name='Justin42']It seems like they all should've gone out Friday, first come first served.

If you didn't pay and got free shipping, it shows up when it shows up. ;)[/QUOTE]

I hope so because right now the customer service I've talked with seems to say it won't ship until november 19th, and since thats a sunday, they say it goes out on monday with overnight.

If you didn't pay and got free shipping, it shows up when it shows up. ;)[/quote]I went to update the shipping for trauma center before, and Saturday delivery was there for 4.99 Amazon Prime, I've never seen it before on anything.

I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon Wii pre-order. I had wanted to offer it to a CAG at cost and just change the shipping address, but my funds are so tight right now with the PS3 and my Gamestop Wii reservation that I just couldn't swing it.

[quote name='lawl']I went to update the shipping for trauma center before, and Saturday delivery was there for 4.99 Amazon Prime, I've never seen it before on anything.[/QUOTE]
I received a brief e-mail ad about that - looks like Saturday shipping will be available for Prime members for the holiday season (and probably after that if it proves sucessful) at a slightly higher cost than normal prime overnight.

[quote name='Diiz']I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon Wii pre-order. I had wanted to offer it to a CAG at cost and just change the shipping address, but my funds are so tight right now with the PS3 and my Gamestop Wii reservation that I just couldn't swing it.[/quote]

Should have sold it on Ebay for $500 a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='pop311']I just updated my order and it says ship fri and deliv mon. I have 1 day ship. That seems legit.[/quote]Same for me. Sounds good.

[quote name='musha666']You overnight or 2 day shipping?[/QUOTE]

The cheap route. I'm not in a hurry... it's a Christmas gift.

I am going to pick some games up Sunday though. The Target $20 gift card sounds cool.

I just got this e-mail:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

Some item(s) in the shipment is under our Pre-Order Price Guarantee, and
the guarantee hasn't ended yet: if the price of the item(s) decreases
between now and the release date, we will issue you a refund for the
difference.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by
visiting Your Account

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Nintendo Wii $249.99 1 $249.99

Shipped via USPS (estimated arrival date: 28-November-2006).

Item Subtotal: $249.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49

Super Saver Discount $-4.49

Total: $249.99
If I paid overnight, it'd probably get here by Saturday but whatever. Hopefully it gets here before December at the latest. Hope everyone gets their pre-order as well. Thanks again OP for the heads up. Saved me the hassle of finding it on launch day.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I just got this e-mail:

If I paid overnight, it'd probably get here by Saturday but whatever. Hopefully it gets here before December at the latest. Hope everyone gets their pre-order as well. Thanks again OP for the heads up. Saved me the hassle of finding it on launch day.[/quote]

Uh, no, it wouldn't. For one thing, Amazon doesn't offer Saturday delivery and for another thing, they won't ship these via any method where there's a chance you'll get it before the release date. In other words, no one is going to receive these on the 18th (Saturday) since the release date is the 19th. And no one will receive one on the 19th because that's a Sunday. Monday (the 20th) delivery is the quickest possible.

bread's done
Back