Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

[quote name='skinsfan56la']ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn you DHL and Amazon!!!![/quote]
Be happy that you got one. After the Costco monstrosity (endless errors on the website due to high traffic) for the PS3, I am thanking my lucky stars just to be able to get a Wii online painlessly.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn you DHL and Amazon!!!![/QUOTE]

CRAP! I was hoping it would be out before saturday so right now its looking like tuesday for overnight shipment?

[quote name='tbolt30']CRAP! I was hoping it would be out before saturday so right now its looking like tuesday for overnight shipment?[/QUOTE]

Mine says Monday for delievery estimate. I also did overnight shipment.

^ I'm getting hated on big time. Ordered first day at 8 am, still no shipping confirmation yet everyone who ordered 6 weeks after me have theirs. And it's not limited to Amazon, I ordered Red Steel from familyvideo on October 11th (same day as everyone else) and mine went into backorder 2 to 4 weeks.

Hate Hate Hate

[quote name='peloquin17']why does amazon hate me?[/QUOTE]
it's not just you. I'm with you.

Edit: Just checked again and it now says shipping soon. But it still says del est 11/22

not for me either, i am going to freak out. I am taking solace in the fact that amazon said they will have them on sunday for sale, so as long as i know that mine is put on the side for me than i am ok with getting it a day later, but they had better not screw me over. I will call again later to find out what the deal is and I had better get a good answer

mine shipped UPS next day air saver. Estimated delivery day is monday. :(

Type: Package
Shipped or Billed on: 11/17/2006
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 9.00 Lbs

[quote name='gkrykewy']My overnight's still "shipping soon."[/quote]

As does mine, but I've recieved the $249.99 charge, so it may have been shipped; just not updated as such.

[quote name='inefficiency device']As does mine, but I've recieved the $249.99 charge, so it may have been shipped; just not updated as such.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've been charged also and still says the same thing If I knew this was going to happen I would of went to target or even walmart.

I ordered first day at 8 am and I don't think they're shipping today for me, but I think they're shipping it to me Monday getting it Tuesday. Congrats to you guys that are getting it on Monday. I'm just a little dissapointed, because my birthday is Monday. And I was one of the first to order and this is how they treat people who do so. I did get them to waive all shipping charges and my 2 day went to overnight, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

What a load. I should have tried getting the pre-order at Gamestop when I had the chance. I was at preparing order when I got up and 12 hours later it's still there:(

Still just not shipped for me. If it doesn't ship tonight I'll just bitch to at least get the shipping charges reduced. I sure as hell won't pay more to get it the same day as the 2-day people.

My status is shipping soon and just got off the phone with CS. They said my Nintendo Wii missed the shipment for overnight and they would refund my money for the shipping. But here the really bad news... They said it won't ship until monday or tuesday plus I got this message "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." On top of all of this they charged me already :( God if I could cancel this I would have this is crazy.

[quote name='tbolt30']My status is shipping soon and just got off the phone with CS. They said my Nintendo Wii missed the shipment for overnight and they would refund my money for the shipping. But here the really bad news... They said it won't ship until monday or tuesday plus I got this message "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." On top of all of this they charged me already :( God if I could cancel this I would have this is crazy.[/quote]I've had orders switch to shipped at 9 PM before though, and gotten them the next day.

[quote name='lawl']I've had orders switch to shipped at 9 PM before though, and gotten them the next day.[/QUOTE]

9pm EST??

[quote name='tbolt30']9pm EST??[/quote]Yep. My Zelda copy the other day didn't show up as shipped till around then.

We still have hope.

I'm just really hoping mine switches tonight, I'd like to have it Monday and the weekend will be much more relaxing if it just ships.

[quote name='SpazX']I'm just really hoping mine switches tonight, I'd like to have it Monday and the weekend will be much more relaxing if it just ships.[/QUOTE]

Mine too because I'm very upset right now not really because of this though

Mine just switched to shipping soon still with a delivery estimate of the 20th, if that means it ships tonight I'll be so fucking happy.

Guys I would not assume that "shipping soon" means they are shipping it today. I'm a first day preorder at 8 am and I've had shipping soon but no email confirmation. I've called Amazon 3 times and they've all said mine is going out Monday (which is complete bullshit since I was one of the first preorders)

Email confirmation that it's shipped = shipped
Shipping soon = could ship Monday

Well, according to my order, mine shipped out today via DHL Next Day.
I checked the tracking number and it shows my Wii shipping from Coffeyville, KS and I live in Kansas City, MO. Estimate deliverly is the 20th or 21st. So I assume it'll be here on Monday, OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Too bad I didn't get a chance to order those component cables.
Now I have to decide if should touch those 24.99 cables that Best Buy is supposedly selling.....or I can just wait until December. Sigh, decisions, decisions.

I ordered in September and my order says shipped overnight through DHL. Tracking works on the package and it says it will be delivered on Monday.

Anybody know if DHL has distribution centers where I could maybe pickup my system earlier, say if it actual ends up in town by tomorrow or Sunday.

BTW: I also recieved Trauma Center from Amazon today, came through 2-night shipping from UPS. I like the case so far, but it feels like such a tease.

Doesn't look like it's shipping for me tonight.

Thanks amazon, for letting people that paid for shipping get less priority than people who got free shipping.

[quote name='lawl']Doesn't look like it's shipping for me tonight.

Thanks amazon, for letting people that paid for shipping get less priority than people who got free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing here... but I bet that the 'free shipping' Wii's went out already because they know they will not arrive until Monday/Tuesday. For everyone who tried overnight and rush shipping I bet they are holding off because they can't have them being delivered on Saturday.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I'm just guessing here... but I bet that the 'free shipping' Wii's went out already because they know they will not arrive until Monday/Tuesday. For everyone who tried overnight and rush shipping I bet they are holding off because they can't have them being delivered on Saturday.[/quote]UPS doesn't deliver on sundays. ever.

Mine shipped out DHL, which sucks for me as my local office is HORRIBLE. They tend to not deliver the first time (i.e., no attempt made) but claim they did, then lose packages, and it takes me 3-4 days of calling to bug them until they bring it.

ARGH, why did you use DHL for me, Amazon?!?! :(

bread's done
Back