Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

[quote name='SpazX']I would've just bought one from a store if it wasn't cheaper this way and got me more points on my amazon credit card. :p I don't mind, I have shit I should be doing for school...[/quote]

yeah, i am not in too big of a rush to get a Wii either, because i have to work the next three days so i won't have that much time to devote to it. I just wanted to make sure that they actually had a system for me though. I also went the way of Amazon because I have the Amazon credit card and triple points for this purchase is pretty sweet, plus no tax and 3.99 for overnight shipping, sweeter!

What cracks me up is the reviews went from 800 down to 529.

I'm one of these poor guys that is still hitting refresh very often. I have a micro center order in but not sure about it.

I'm still stuck in hate Amazon land. They completely fucked this launch up, for me at least. I will never pre-order anything from them again.

Got it, not a problem!

Considering the Holiday deals weren't going up until 11 AM and the CSRs were saying SINCE MIDNIGHT that the launch is in the morning and is at a time that is both good for PST and EST people alike so nobody misses out, it made quite a lot of sense to pull it off at 11 like the later sales.

[Edit:] Whoa, wait a minute. I thought it was supposed to be a solid launch with a definitive "hey, we're out, sorry people!" not a split-second "hey, it's in stock!" and back to normalcy.

WTF? Webmon alerted me...clicked 1-click...nothing.

I then tried again once every few seconds.

It can't have sold out in under a minute, since the server is hardly overloaded. This is ridiculous.

Successfully ordered one at around 8:08AM PST after about eight minutes of repeating :) (before that I can click "add to cart", but the item won't show up).

Update 1: I tried only about 10 times totally, not bad at all. The server speed and network latency is good, but the item simplely won't show up in my shopping cart in the first eight minutes.
Update 2: I received an email confirmation from amazon.com at around 8:15AM, the Wii is scheduled to be delivered on Nov 22 (I have an amazon prime account), perfect timing for thanksgiving :)

For some reason, refreshing the main page said nothing, or sometimes it said 1 available for 249.99 and the link takes you to the third party part of the site, but nothing ever was there. In another tab, I was reading through the comments on the site, and somehow, the add to cart/1 click option was enabled on that page, and it said "ONLY 2 in stock" so I did 1 click thinking there's no way I was gonna get it.

I did!

I got bumped from ordering on the last screen at 8:05 pst. Now it just sits in cart prison crying to be released. Maybe they are doing hourly allocations to offer more people a chance?

I'm not sure if this is news, buy amazon is selling the controllers and nunchucks right now

EDIT: AHAHAGAHGAHha! I am soo stupiud. i waited on the nunchuck and now ist gone. Noooooooooooooo

Amazon is only selling remotes, I can't get a nunchuck or classic controller...

P.S. Ebay is a good idea, iGen, I'm ebaying my first wii that i got last night, it should go for almost double and fund my accessories/games.

Thanks to the podcast, I routed myself to the Amazon website using the "Shop" pull-down from above and used the 1-Click order. I was unaware to both of those features beforehand. Hopefully I've just earned CheapyD some pocket change. Thanks for that advise Cheapy and Wombat!

It said this for a second and now it's gone.

"We are currently out of stock: We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates in this section of the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions below."

So when I tried and got bumped during ordering it threw the wii into my saved items cart and periodically I was trying to move it to my regular cart to no avail. And then, it worked...I don't even know why, the other page didn't say it was available. But if any other people have it stuck in the saved cart just keep trying to move it and maybe you can have some good luck.

Well, now I think I will go to circuit city and pick up and extra controller and a classic. So Good luck everyone.

I've got a question: Is there any difference in quality among different Wii component cables? I mean, can you really make a BAD component cable? Nintendo's stock is out, Pelican's won't be here till december, and the only place to get it is a random outlet:

http://www.bsrmedia.com/media.html?id=90919

I have no idea if it's going to work or not.

i ordered one from amazon shipping 20-Nov deliver 21-Nov .
It was up for 1 or 2 minutes then its not available again.
1 click shopping :D:D

Since my buddy was able to buy one about 10 AM EST and I couldn't - and everyone else online seems to have gotten one at random times, it looks like they were leaking them out slowly.

However, the message there now: "out of stock" wasnt there before. I think it's over for today - on to additional shipment opportunities later this week...

I posted this in the deal graveyard ps3 20gb thread, but might be helpful for anyone who ordered a bundle through amazon. Don't shoot the messenger

Okay I just got off the phone with amazon.com and spoke to a representitive. I had two orders placed one for the nintendo wii action bundle that was supposed to ship november 20th and one for a 20gb playstation 3 that was supposed to ship nov 29th. She said that they are currently out of stock on both and that they didn't expect such a high demand and that basically that means the items are backordered, regardless of what your order status says. She said though that they hold on to the orders and the next shipment the recieve they will fullfill the orders which may be in time for christmas.

I asked her though that my wii order says shipping november 20th, is there a chance it will be shipped then and she said anything was possible but it was unlikely.

Question to the folks who ordered on 9/15 and still haven't had their system ship: Did you order yours next-day, or not? I got a shipping notice on Friday night, and my order shipped via DHL next-day for delivery tomorrow.

[quote name='gorsh']Question to the folks who ordered on 9/15 and still haven't had their system ship: Did you order yours next-day, or not? I got a shipping notice on Friday night, and my order shipped via DHL next-day for delivery tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

9/15 order, next day shipping, still in "shipping soon" :/

I got a nunchuck on amazon but they moved my (2 day) shipping to tuesday from tomorrow with estimated delivery date of Nov. 27th. So I guess I will only have one for a week or so.

Why are these so hard to find?

For those of us who preordered on the 15th and have a shipping soon status, everything should be ok. I called yet again and talked to a rep who said that the item has been shipped even though the status has not been changed on my account and it should get to me on the 20th. I had him confirm this to me multiple times just like the last rep, so I am feeling a little bit better. I hope all goes well for us in the next few days.

[quote name='serum79']For those of us who preordered on the 15th and have a shipping soon status, everything should be ok. I called yet again and talked to a rep who said that the item has been shipped even though the status has not been changed on my account and it should get to me on the 20th. I had him confirm this to me multiple times just like the last rep, so I am feeling a little bit better. I hope all goes well for us in the next few days.[/quote]

That's what I thought anyway, it seemed that they were updating pretty randomly and almost everybody's wii was shipping way before they actually got their status changed. I still got overnight free though from bitching :p.

Pre-ordered on the 15th with Free SuperSaver shipping (USPS). Entered my tracking number in the USPS.com site today and got a message saying it had left the USPS processing center in Jax, FL and was enroute.

I'm only about 70 miles from Jax so maybe I'll get my Wii tomorrow!

me and a friend of mine ordered on the 15th with overnight shipping. they shipped ups overnight on the 17th. They were just updated with info that they wont be delivered until the 21st. DAMN UPS!

[quote name='lordwow']My UPS order has not moved since Saturday morning. I wonder if it really hasn't or their just not updating tracking[/QUOTE]

UPS packages don't go anywhere on weekends.

Any other fellow 9/15-non-shipped people have any new updates as to their orders? I'm tempted to give Amazon another ring.... but I also feel like having mercy on their poor customer service reps....

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Any other fellow 9/15-non-shipped people have any new updates as to their orders? I'm tempted to give Amazon another ring.... but I also feel like having mercy on their poor customer service reps....[/QUOTE]
No updates here.

Well, my 9/15 order shipped on Fri, but according to DHL tracking, its been "In transit through sorting facility" since Saturday morning. Hopefully, it left since then, and I will get it tommorow.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Any other fellow 9/15-non-shipped people have any new updates as to their orders? I'm tempted to give Amazon another ring.... but I also feel like having mercy on their poor customer service reps....[/quote]

Give them a call, it's their job to take care of you and give you accurate information about your order.

[quote name='serum79']Give them a call, it's their job to take care of you and give you accurate information about your order.[/QUOTE]

Your comment pushed me over the edge, so I gave them another ring.

The lady said that according to her info my Wii has indeed STILL not shipped, but that the item has been located in their werehouse and is waiting to be picked up.... she said that to the best of her knowledge, it still looked like it was on track for delivery tomorrow, and that it is not unusual for items located close to their delivery locale to ship this late in the game...

Guess I'll find out tomorrow ;)

I basically got the same response when I called. My item was sent to DHL, but no more info was provided and my status has remained shipping soon since friday night. It is scheduled to reach me tomorrow as well. In an email response I received the rep said it is very possible to get the item that quick if you live close to the proximity of inventory or something like that. As you said we shall see tomorrow, good luck :)

[quote name='moojuice']Well, my 9/15 order shipped on Fri, but according to DHL tracking, its been "In transit through sorting facility" since Saturday morning. Hopefully, it left since then, and I will get it tommorow.[/QUOTE]

That is the status mine's been at as well. They probably just get the trucks in and then don't scan the contents until tonight when preparing for tomorrow's deliveries.

I'm working from home tomorrow just to be sure I get this, DHL don't fail me now!

To those waiting, it's very possible the factory has purchased a shipping label and applied it to your box but the courier has not visited to pick it up and scan it into the system yet. I was in the same situation with my 360, which I purchased on launch day and then had to wait days and days to appear on the shipping page.

I know it's easy to get amped up in the launch hysteria, but the more you bug your reseller and their CSRs the greater the chance you could confuse them and something bad could happen with your order, so just try to have patience for now and don't think your system is dead/cancelled/lost.

bread's done
Back