Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

The editor Amazon guy just posted the following on the Wii forum:

All,

I apologize for the lateness of this post. As many of you already know, Amazon had the Wii for sale at roughly 8:00AM PST, Sunday morning. Due to incredibly high demand, our on hand inventory sold through in less than one minute.

At this time, we are not scheduled to receive more units from Nintendo for another week or so. As a result of this, we will not be taking more orders until we have inventory and can fulfill all of the orders that are placed.

I know everyone wants to know when the next order date will happen and we apologize that we cannot provide a specific date until we confirm our next shipment from Nintendo. (Aside: We continue to communicate to Nintendo the extreme passion and overall demand Amazon customers have for the Nintendo Wii - citing posts on this board in an effort to secure greater allocation.)

Going forward, we've definitely heard your concerns regarding more specific timing and better communication - both are being addressed. For the next sale period, we will post a message on the detail page (above, where the `we are currently out of stock' message is) and will also post a message in these discussion forums with a date and a more specific time.

Finally, many of you may have noticed Target's Wii bundle offers they had for sale yesterday. Amazon has many partners that sell products through our website - Target, J&R, etc. Many of these partners may have the Wii available bundled and unbundled over the next few days and we are working with all of our partners to try and better understand their plans for the Wii to better communicate their offers to all of our customers.

As always, thank you for all of your passion!

~ Brave Potato, Amazon Video Games

Then in response to people asking about the weird shipping dates:

We have the inventory in stock, so shipments should be going out tomorrow or the next day for those who placed orders.

We are doing our best to only take orders we can fulfill within the week. With more inventory coming in a week or two, worst case would be that customers who ordered today would not receive until that time.

~ Brave Potato, Amazon Video Games

My stupid 1-day DHL has been sitting in Ohio since Friday night. Just checked at 6:50 a.m. and that's still the last update. I'm in Florida. I'm getting skeptical:(

[quote name='PaulG']My stupid 1-day DHL has been sitting in Ohio since Friday night. Just checked at 6:50 a.m. and that's still the last update. I'm in Florida. I'm getting skeptical:([/quote]

I've found that the DHL tracker is about as useful as the USPS tracker. Expect to recieve the package long before the tracker even registers that it's in your state.

[quote name='inefficiency device']I've found that the DHL tracker is about as useful as the USPS tracker. Expect to recieve the package long before the tracker even registers that it's in your state.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. There's no worse endorsement than comparing it to USPS.

I just received an email form Amazon saying my order that has been on the shipping soon status has been delayed and won't bee delivered until Nov 23 - Nov 24. Of course the 23 is Thanksgiving so it had better be to me on the 24th or I am going to flip out on those Amazonian a-holes!

[quote name='serum79']I just received an email form Amazon saying my order that has been on the shipping soon status has been delayed and won't bee delivered until Nov 23 - Nov 24. Of course the 23 is Thanksgiving so it had better be to me on the 24th or I am going to flip out on those Amazonian a-holes![/QUOTE]

Too late--I'm already going to flip out on them this morning. Absolutely ~disgusting~ service. Die Amazon...

I've been tracking mine, everything was on time for today. But as of 10pm last night, All of a sudden, it shows a rescheduled delivery of 11/21. WTF!!!! ANGER BLAZING! I've been on the phone with UPS last night and This morning, and they have no other information than to say it may have had a problem with a truck or something. This is ridiculous!

I fucking HATE UPS. They ALWAYS find a way to fuck shit up! Im so pissed right now.

[quote name='soliddragon']I've been tracking mine, everything was on time for today. But as of 10pm last night, All of a sudden, it shows a rescheduled delivery of 11/21. WTF!!!! ANGER BLAZING! I've been on the phone with UPS last night and This morning, and they have no other information than to say it may have had a problem with a truck or something. This is ridiculous!

I fucking HATE UPS. They ALWAYS find a way to fuck shit up! Im so pissed right now.[/QUOTE]

Be thankful you're even getting yours by Thanksgiving--A 9/15 order, and I've been delayed till after Thanksgiving :/

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Be thankful you're even getting yours by Thanksgiving--A 9/15 order, and I've been delayed till after Thanksgiving :/[/QUOTE]

That's IF! I even get the damn thing. There is no exception on the tracking, to show that it was due to a truck breakdown or something. Those bastards are probably just stealing my damn Wii.

I'm tired of not having a choice of shipping carrier. I outright HATE UPS.

Anyone else in this thread in South Florida? Anyone else have their shipment date change mid-delivery?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Too late--I'm already going to flip out on them this morning. Absolutely ~disgusting~ service. Die Amazon...[/quote]

I did write them a scathing email as soon as I read the order update :) I will never order something like this from them again, they have really let me down. How did they take new orders yesterday when they didn't ship ours out yet? Unless they just sold a few for a minute even though they knew they didn't have any in stock just not to piss anymore people off.

[quote name='serum79']I did write them a scathing email as soon as I read the order update :) I will never order something like this from them again, they have really let me down. How did they take new orders yesterday when they didn't ship ours out yet? Unless they just sold a few for a minute even though they knew they didn't have any in stock just not to piss anymore people off.[/QUOTE]

I just spent twenty minutes on the phone with them, utterly demanding to speak with a supervisor, and they could not even do that for me :/ Horrid, horrid, horrid service... I'll be calling them two to three times a day from now on. Hell, I'd be HAPPY if they'd cancel my damn order... had they done so, I could have easily gone and picked on up yesterday.

[quote name='soliddragon']That's IF! I even get the damn thing. There is no exception on the tracking, to show that it was due to a truck breakdown or something. Those bastards are probably just stealing my damn Wii.

I'm tired of not having a choice of shipping carrier. I outright HATE UPS.

Anyone else in this thread in South Florida? Anyone else have their shipment date change mid-delivery?[/QUOTE]

I'm in "south" Florida, but not South Florida (west coast). As noted, I'm DHL and really wish I was UPS. I've actually never had problems with UPS.

EDIT: SNAP. Website's been updated and it's on the delivery truck. I can't believe it was one stop between Ohio and Punta Gorda, Florida (I'm 20 miles south). What odd choices for delivery hubs.

Mine list the current status as "With delivery courier" I assume that means its with the delivery truck out for delivery?

....Um....Ok. Now it's Out for delivery!? I LOVE UPS!! -Not really!, I still don't Like them. But W00T!! \\:D/

But that was seriously some scary ish right there!

I got the same update email and man did that piss me off. I still think chances are it'll get here today or tomorrow, but I still sent them a nice email. If it's true it's fucking horrible.

I received mine at 8:30 this morning from DHL.

I ordered it with overnight shipping and I live in Pennsylvania.

Hopefully everyone will get them today!!!!

I feel really bad for you guys. My order was a bit worrysome on Friday but the CS was able to get it out Friday night for me after some emails. I can't believe the problems some of you are having :(

[quote name='lordwow']I feel really bad for you guys. My order was a bit worrysome on Friday but the CS was able to get it out Friday night for me after some emails. I can't believe the problems some of you are having :([/QUOTE]

I think I write for all of us when I say that we appreciate your sympathy... but wish it wasn't needed ;)

So the customer service rep PROMISED me that I would receive a call back within an hour from a manager... been about an hour and a half and still no call :/ I've gotta scoot out to class right now--darn undergrads get the whole week off, but not the grad students, ugh--but you can bet your bottom that Amazon will be getting another delightful call when I get back.

In other news, UPS just dropped off my Wii component cables from Nintendo: oh sweet, bitter, horrid irony.

[quote name='PaulG']My stupid 1-day DHL has been sitting in Ohio since Friday night. Just checked at 6:50 a.m. and that's still the last update. I'm in Florida. I'm getting skeptical:([/quote]
Ditto. Hope there isn't anything "wrong" with the Ohio portion, and like someone else said, the tracker just sucks.

[quote name='moojuice']Ditto. Hope there isn't anything "wrong" with the Ohio portion, and like someone else said, the tracker just sucks.[/quote]

Mine had the same thing, but checked out of boredom while sitting here at work and noticed it skipped straight to being delivered to my house which is a few states away. No arrival in my town or anything and judging from past posts they got the same thing.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with yours. They just suck at updating the tracker.

I save a bunch on tax, shipping, and a not bundled console, so I can wait it out until I get mine... hope it's soon, though. I do think they gave preference to prime members, though.

I must be one of the lucky one's. Pre-ordered console Sep 15th, shipped Nov 17th, delivered Houston, TX 9:30am, Nov 20th.
Shipper was DHL and thier web-site kept upto date with my order.

So, now I'm at work, twitching with anxiety because my tracking number shows that my Wii was left on my porch.

Free Wii if you know where I live, apparently.

Just got an email from USPS.com telling me the Wii has been delivered to my P.O. Box.

Despite what others have said, I am satisfied with USPS.com tracking.

[quote name='mykevermin']So, now I'm at work, twitching with anxiety because my tracking number shows that my Wii was left on my porch.

Free Wii if you know where I live, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, which carrier

Mine just went to "with delivery courier" (via DHL) about 10 minutes ago. (I'm in SoCal, ordered 9/15 with overnight, and DHL's tracking shows they got it at noon Friday, despite Amazon's order status not changing til fairly late Friday PST).

C'mon DHL!

Mine is still set to arrive tomorrow despite getting to a ups location less than an hour from my house at 6:30 this morning. I'm just hoping it was wrong.

[quote name='aaandrewww']Mine is still set to arrive tomorrow despite getting to a ups location less than an hour from my house at 6:30 this morning. I'm just hoping it was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm hoping it's tomorrow though, no one is home today.

EDIT: No worries apparently, my Wii just moved an hour in the opposite direction.

[quote name='lordwow']Yikes, which carrier[/QUOTE]

DHL. I was worried that they would require signature, and I wouldn't be home. Turns out I wasn't home and they just left it on my doorstep, which made me more anxious. I just drove home real quick and threw it inside to be safe. Also picked up the Burger King trilogy, which now has me regretting my lunch. Ugh.

[quote name='icruise']No comment...[/QUOTE]

You'se the one making the heavy breathing sounds at night, eh?

status of my order:

November 20, 200611:24:09 AMUSCarrier notified to pick up package

Expected delivery: November 22, 2006

This is just driving me absolutely nuts.... definitely the last time I ever pre-order anything from Amazon. Checked my phone, and I didn't receive any calls whatsoever, so that means a higher up never decided to give me a return call. Looks like I'm in for the third evening in a row of calling up Amazon and bitching at them to either cancel my order, ship the damn thing like they promised to, or let me speak to someone other than a base level customer service rep.

What a cluster****. I just got back and logged onto DHLs website and it says Delivery attempted, call 1-888. I'm livid. How come nobody answered the door?

Call DHL and "The delivery driver got lost. He called in and was on the wrong side of the area. He's still coming between now and 5:00." Micky Mouse carrier all the way.

[quote name='JasonArmadillo']Just got an email from USPS.com telling me the Wii has been delivered to my P.O. Box.

Despite what others have said, I am satisfied with USPS.com tracking.[/QUOTE]

Because it's roulette as to when they actually scan things. Occasionally you get a competent worker who scans things in timely manners, usually it's ignored/way late.

I just got my 9/15 pre-ordered Wii. Looks like it shipped on Saturday (I used one-day shipping). Now I just need to get another Wiimote & some games. :)

[quote name='soulwish2003']DHL is bad in smaller towns...

I ordered the cheapest shipping I could get and it came today via USPS.[/QUOTE]

So imagine a city that's 115 square miles and has lots of freshwater canals to screw-up the street system. Still, it's 2006. If Google maps can give me directions straight to my place, DHL should have a system that can handle it.

[quote name='getmyrunon'] I do think they gave preference to prime members, though.[/QUOTE]

You would be wrong, at least in my case Prime made them worse it seems.

I'm so happy I could cry. I had it delivered to my parents business (which is closed on Mondays, but I expected it to arrive Tuesday when I ordered a month ago). I looked at DHL Tracking and the fucker was delivered at 1:45. I bolted to my car and drove like 80 MPH while cursing DHL at leaving an Amazon box in the front of a store in a shopping center. Luckily the neighbors signed for it. :)

[quote name='Santurio']You would be wrong, at least in my case Prime made them worse it seems.[/quote]

Nothing yet Ramo? I'm keeping an eye on my DHL tracking, supposedly some time today.

Well damn, they actually didn't ship mine Friday and just fucking shipped it, at least I should get it tomorrow...

What sucks is that I definitely would've had it today if I just used the free shipping.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nothing yet Ramo? I'm keeping an eye on my DHL tracking, supposedly some time today.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Nothing yet. Well I bitched enough to where they finally changed my status to shipped but all they did was assign a label to it. There is no way it shipped out last night at around 7 PM. So if nothing else goes wrong I'll get it on Wednesday. All thanks to my Prime trial.

bread's done
Back