Purchasing a 3DS...but want to hit up some DS RPGs...Suggestions?

pmm317

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone,

Long story Short, I will be purchasing a 3DS at launch. I will probably pick up a game or two for it (not sure which yet...a little dissapointed in the launch titles other then Dead or Alive right now) but I have a newfound motivation to play some old school turn based rpgs! I recently have been playing Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 and am loving it but that's a story for another day.

Any suggestions/comments/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks adriley...I was thinking about picking up one of the Dragon Quests when I pick up the 3DS. I'm thinking the one that came out last year, 9 I believe

Thanks for all the replies guys - I am thinking Dragon Quest 9 and I did see Radiant Historia on the new releases list on Amazon. Maybe pick it up as well. I mean, how many rpg's can one person play at a time anyway, heh

i was taking a look at that Dragon Quest Joker pokemon type game - does anyone know if it still has an active online community? I thought that would be interesting as well

i dont think so, but its a great game for just the single player
lov blending monsters, GameFAQs is a big help if you dont have a guide

[quote name='thirdrose']I suggest Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. Grim story and multiple endings are yummo.[/QUOTE]

Or just get the 3DS version that is coming.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Or just get the 3DS version that is coming.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha good looking out. I totally forgot about the 3DS update. Go ahead and ignore my first post there, OP. Instead try out Phantasy Star Zero or Infinite Space.

[quote name='thirdrose'], OP. Instead try out Phantasy Star Zero or Infinite Space.[/QUOTE]

How is Phantasy Star Zero? They have it for $9.99 at TRU near me.

Thanks everyone, I think I will pick up the 3DS Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. I think its coming out around June. Before that it'll be hard choice but I will probably pick up one RPG. Maybe the Dragon Quest IX.

bread's done
Back