Pure - Gen. Discussion & Info

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)

Features

The action sports off-road racing game PURE has been developed by Disney Interactive Studios' award-winning development team, Black Rock Studio, in Brighton, England. PURE takes off-road racing to a new level. Featuring vertigo-inducing massive aerial jumps and spectacular airborne tricks in photo-realistic real-world locations all over the globe, PURE delivers heart-pounding action unique to the genre. Experience pure adrenaline and emotion as you execute incredible aerial tricks and death-defying massive jumps.

• Spectacular action: Perform wild aerial jumps and more than 80 amazing airborne tricks.
  • Detailed environments: Drive in seven real-world locations including Wyoming, Italy, and New Mexico, with more than 30 different tracks.
  • Customization: Build your ATV ride and modify it throughout the game.
  • Multiplayer: Race online in multiplayer mode for up to 16 players.

Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pure/achievements/

I'm surprised to see this game get absolutely no love...

The demo was sick, basically SSX on ATVs, and has been getting good reviews.

Who's picking this up?

[media]http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=PDLTDnksC_Q[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to get it at some point, but with so many good games coming out I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

I'm tempted, but I've got so many games to get through at the mo I don't really see the need to pay $60 for it.

The demo was fun.

Queued on GameFly. I LOVED the demo. Online multiplayer should be incredibly fun, given that the servers work good.

However, I see that the game came out a week earlier than expected. Wonder if that means I still have to wait until next week for the $10 GC with purchase at CC.

[quote name='Regian']Queued on GameFly. I LOVED the demo. Online multiplayer should be incredibly fun, given that the servers work good.

However, I see that the game came out a week earlier than expected. Wonder if that means I still have to wait until next week for the $10 GC with purchase at CC.[/QUOTE]

The release date is all weird. It's officially supposed to come out today/tomorrow in North America and the 25th in Europe. I called a Gamestop and they said they'd have it by Wednesday, then I called a Gamecrazy and they said they would have it by the 25th...

Also the BB ad is the only ad that features the game to came out this week while Target and CC don't mention it until next week's ad.

the game looks great and plays awesome. just can't justify paying $60 for something like this when you have Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, etc coming out in the next 2 months. wait for the price drop..

[quote name='glockant']the game looks great and plays awesome. just can't justify paying $60 for something like this when you have Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, etc coming out in the next 2 months. wait for the price drop..[/quote]

I thought it was funny how all those games have numbers in them. Even though Left 4 Dead isn't a sequal or anything.

I agree about the lack of love for this game .
I had to make the PS3 thread for it .
Surprisingly it plays really well on the PS3 , I often don't like the feel of the L2 & R2 'flaps' on the PS3 controllers .

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The release date is all weird. It's officially supposed to come out today/tomorrow in North America and the 25th in Europe. I called a Gamestop and they said they'd have it by Wednesday, then I called a Gamecrazy and they said they would have it by the 25th...

Also the BB ad is the only ad that features the game to came out this week while Target and CC don't mention it until next week's ad.[/quote]

[quote name='CAG 79']Anyone picked this up today besides myself?[/quote]

Yea the release dates are all screwed up.. Some of the stores around my area were all recieving the game on different dates. Like for example Target, Walmart, and Best Buy even though they said it in there ad said they were going to recieve it the 25th.

Gamestop and Gamecrazy around me were the only two that sold it today, so I picked up a copy at Gamestop. Looks like a fun ATV game with 2-16 players online. Cant Wait!

Picked it up today, really really fun. Seriously, only 11 replies and 3 are from me, are you kidding me? I understand that people want to save their money and all for the Fall line up, but this game is seriously worth the $60 I paid for it.

I am picking it up. Ordered from Amazon so it will be here tomorrow. Tried the demo and it was really fun. The comparison to SSX are accurate.

this game is fucking awesome!

I'm picking up the full copy FOR SURE today or tomorrow pending I can find it.

This is just like ATV Offroad Fury 1 and 2 which were amazing.

I was going to buy it, but no split screen was a deal breaker. Once I can get it for $30 or so used, I'll probably pick it up, but I have like $800 in pre-orders at the moment. (Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Socom, Motorstorm 2, GH:WT, Fable 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Ressitance 2) Plus I just got Rock Band 2 and Wipeout HD is out next week. It's a good game, no doubt, but I love racers for local multiplayer.

After playing this I think its safe to say that Motorstorm ain't got shit on this. This game is definitely worth the $60 I spent on it. Maybe we can get a game going this evening.

Another nice touch is the interior artwork:

purexe4.jpg

I rarely see this on 360's cases.

Motorstorm will be questionable. I think the first Motorstorm more, but I'm notso sure sure about 2 from the demo. It might be getting cancelled as well, along with Socom.

[quote name='CAG 79']Another nice touch is the interior artwork:

purexe4.jpg

I rarely see this on 360's cases.[/QUOTE]

One thing's for sure Disney alwalys puts out quality products .

I just hope they don't start the cardboard outer sleeves on their games .;)

That is a really nice case.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those hidden gem games of the xbox 360. I'm going to hold off on picking this up. The demo was great, but I still have to get around to picking up DIRT. That is the next racer on my list to pick up, that is unless Midnight Club 4 blows my Fing mind. I really want that game to be good.

[quote name='KingDox']That is a really nice case.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those hidden gem games of the xbox 360. I'm going to hold off on picking this up. The demo was great, but I still have to get around to picking up DIRT. That is the next racer on my list to pick up, that is unless Midnight Club 4 blows my Fing mind. I really want that game to be good.[/QUOTE]

It is great , and in case any of you 360 owners were curious this game blows away Motorstorm . I say that as someone who paid only $15 for Motorstorm [thank you Target clearance] .

hopefully it has a nice price drop so i can add it to my Christmas list... yes im 26 and have christmas lists with video games on it

[quote name='dkreegz515']hopefully it has a nice price drop so i can add it to my Christmas list... yes im 26 and have christmas lists with video games on it[/quote]

Don't be ashamed. I'll be 35 next month, and I still ask for games! I don't make lists, though.

I just played the demo the other day and I really enjoyed it. I had never even heard of it, I was just flipping through the list of Demo's that I hadn't tried yet and saw it there. I couldn't help but remember the day's when me and my brother would play Atv Quad Power Racing 2 (what a stupid name) for hours on end, pulling off the most absurd tricks. (Doing 3 back flips over bulldozers haha) Does anybody else remember that game? It didn't get any love either, (Scored like 6's and 7's) My little brother picked it up at Walmart for like 10 bux, and I thought, "This is going to be just some dumb ATV Off Road rip off" but I actually liked it way better. It wasn't a realistic game at all, but man was it fun. Does this game play like that one at all?

My copy arrived from Amazon this afternoon and I got a chance to play it a little bit. This game is really fun. I think that the title is hurting this game. When I first saw the name I can say that an ATV game was the last thing that came to mind.

Hopefully this game will catch on and have a good online following.

[quote name='dkreegz515']hopefully it has a nice price drop so i can add it to my Christmas list... yes im 26 and have christmas lists with video games on it[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ I watch very little TV and when I do I skip the commercials using TIVO.

dkreegz - 35 and still have games on my xmas list. Hell I have a doctorate and still play video games. Keeps my mind nimble.

I've never seen a commercial for it. I must be watching the wrong channels. :)

Finally tried the demo. It took all day to load yesterday (started it at 3:30 pm, it was around 50% at 11:00 pm, don't know what the hell is wrong with my connection) Anyway, I loved it. I will definitely be picking this one up soon.

If anyone is looking for someone to race with online, feel free to friend request me (Red Hot Sand), but know this: I probably won't give you much of a challenge, and the majority of my game-time is between 9:00 am-11:30 am EST, weekdays. Also, I don't have the game yet, but like I said, I plan on picking it up very soon.

The game looks very pretty in the videos on gametrailers. I'm gonna receive my gamefly copy on Monday. Haven't played a racer in a few months so this may end up being a purchase if the gameplay is good. What's the career mode like?

[quote name='destinywaste']The game looks very pretty in the videos on gametrailers. I'm gonna receive my gamefly copy on Monday. Haven't played a racer in a few months so this may end up being a purchase if the gameplay is good. What's the career mode like?[/quote]

So far its O.K, there 3 mode so far freestyle, race and sprint

Freestyle is just do jumps do crazy tricks to get points and you can do combos and ect.

race is just a race around pretty big track.

and sprint is a very short track that u just race and eventually if played well can overlap ppl.

And you can build your ATV from scratch and its pretty exciting. You can change anything on your bike its almost like the Need for speed for ATV.

[quote name='Hachez']I got it, anyone who wants to play hit me on live[/quote]

Sending you a friends request when I get on Live... Pure is a fun game, to bad there are not many people playing it. I would love to see a room full with 16 players racing or freestyling

I'm definitely getting this game. Loved ATV Offroad Fury (2) and also the SSX series. I checked out the demo the other day. This is the perfect game for me, haha.

I think I might play Burnout Paradise for a while before I buy this though; I haven't even touched it yet...

Guys that bought this game, how is the online racing?

Do you think this is a game you could play for a while? Or is it more of an arcade fell? Pickup play for 1/2 hour then switch games?

A few friends of mine always try to minimize our game purchases and try to pick up games that we will play a long time, (Rainbow 6 Vegas, then COD 4) we wanted to switch to a different type of game, but I don't know if this is one that would last for more than a few sittings. It's hard to find good online games that aren't shooters that can be played for months on end.

I bought it on Sunday and jumped online for a bit.

The Ranked matches seemed to be dedicated servers, I say that cos there didn't seem to be a Create Match option, I had a race with 4 people and everything ran nicely, no lag or anything.

May have to pick this up now that it is on clearance at Target. Did you guys find it was worth the money after the initial couple of days?

I believe the game gets repetitive due to the fact that there are only so few moves, and most likely only a few maps. I bought this on Amazon for $20 via P2S, so I should get it in the next few days, but I suspect that I'll play it for a few hours, then get bored because it's the same thing. However, it's still a good game, as long as you play it in short bursts.

The situation is sort of similar to Far Cry 2. A lot of people say that it's repetitive, but it's still a solid game -- the reason it's repetitive in Far Cry 2 is because you practically have to travel everywhere, and that takes time. If you play it in short bursts, you'll barely notice the repetitiveness, well, you'll still notice it, but you won't be extremely annoyed by it.

Just got the game in the mail via amazon and played a few races and I love this game. I have noticed however the lack of tricks, but that isn't that big a deal for me. I can't wait to delve further.

I'm not sure how much of the game you guys have played, but like most people I picked it up off of amazon for 20 bones.

I really enjoy the game. My cousin picked it up also and it is fun to race people you know. (Actually it's fun to play something besides a FPS on live)

I'm not really sure why people say there is a lack of tricks. I'm thinking that you haven't discovered the shoulder buttons. There are 24 base tricks that I can think of off hand, plus the special tricks, not to mention the fact that you can combo them, and hold them, plus the back and front flip.

should just be able to go to your garage, click left or right and the empty spot should be there. (It will have a picture of a frame instead of a Lock)

bread's done
Back