Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-grV6FP5-950x10000.jpg

The really funny thing is that they're playing on the WiiU.

Went to Little Big Burger for dinner. littlebigburger.com

images

Truffle Fries! Chevre cheese! Biroche Buns!
Hipsters with thick glasses drinking PBR! Gay cashiers with nasal septum piercings!

Wife was not impressed. I had two burgers.

[quote name='JStryke']I've been working there myself for almost 2 1/2 years at this point, and I can't even see how someone could be there for as long as you have. [/QUOTE]

I try to be as flexable (and forgiving) as I can, especially when it came to helping guests. The original plan was to work there part time and go to school, but it turned into full time and more hours which meant more pay ... at first. Since 2010, it's less time (32 hours) with more work. And by more work, I mean other team members' work while they stand and chat on the side or in the break room.

Having ten straight work days makes me think you're a team lead to get those hours. Right now I think my hours have dropped to 25, to 14, and now up to 20 on the newest schedule.
I was offered the team lead position twice, but I didn't want to take a position to treat people like shit (I heard they don't even make as much anymore). I haven't had 40 hours since 2010 whereas now I get 32 hours across five days. I get jerked around so much that I don't know what to call my position anymore (a non-slacker?) But there is no way I'm going to be loyal to a company by working 10 days straight - all because I requested one day off to bring my mother home from the hospital.

Even if it's to go to a gas station, I'm tempted to look for a new job just for more hours even if the pay is the same. Not like it could be worse. Granted, I'm only still there because job hunting is not my forte to begin with.
As far as the actual work goes, the Target experience was still better than my first job at Burger King where I basically stared at a clock for six days straight. I would assume the gas station job would involve a lot of cleaning (I can't imagine what the bathrooms would look like).

I too am bad at job hunting. I wish there was some test to determine what I would be good at so I can go to college for the right classes and have more confidence in myself.

[quote name='Cage017']As far as the actual work goes, the Target experience was still better than my first job at Burger King where I basically stared at a clock for six days straight. I would assume the gas station job would involve a lot of cleaning (I can't imagine what the bathrooms would look like).

I too am bad at job hunting. I wish there was some test to determine what I would be good at so I can go to college for the right classes and have more confidence in myself.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at a gas station as my first job and it wasn't too bad. Relatively easy work, but it paid better (hour wise at least) than Target does. Making sure tobacco was stocked, change coffees, make sandwiches (although I never did that myself), general stuff. Most of the cleaning was held off until the late night but our store wasn't open 24 hours. And our bathrooms were private so that was a non issue.

Only thing preventing me from going back now is that gas stations around here have changed and there's a lot more focus on food. Heck, Sheetz and Rutters (the two main ones here), practically have a mini fast food joint inside them. As for why it prevents me, I find it a bit scary to work with food. It's why I stayed away from working fast food.

And I hear you on college and confidence. I lack confidence (as well as any other thing that fits in the self esteem category). The test for colleges isn't a bad idea though, since the main thing holding me be back (aside from cost) is not knowing what I want to do with my life.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
i-grV6FP5-950x10000.jpg

The really funny thing is that they're playing on the WiiU.[/QUOTE]
I thought the point of comic strips was to have a punchline and make people laugh.

Why must fast food constantly remove something I love from their menus? Last year it was the taquitos from Taco Bell. This year, Burger King removed their popcorn chicken and redid their chicken nuggets so they are "crispier" aka add more batter so it tastes like a McNugget :shame: .

Note to Wendy's: Don't change anything.

[quote name='eldergamer']
Truffle Fries! Chevre cheese! Biroche Buns!
Hipsters with thick glasses drinking PBR! [/QUOTE]
While it may not have the best presentation that burger sounds delicious.

We have a small local chain near us that does sloppy, over the top, and gourmet burger varietals called Square1Burgers that is phenomenal. They do a good job of keeping 1/3 the menu and atmosphere fairly chick friendly so it's easy to get the wife to come back.

(I do laugh because the interior looks like a Micheal Ninn set-piece from the 90's).

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
i-grV6FP5-950x10000.jpg

The really funny thing is that they're playing on the WiiU.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the cool thing in the gaming media is to play CoD on the WiiU b/c the hardcore teenagers are all on
360/PS3 so those on the WiiU are all dads and/or over 30-year olds whose significant others won't allow them to have an 360/PS3 so in theory the competition is lower so they would be more competitive.

This was started by Jim Sterling back in December and has spread among other gaming media members.

[quote name='Number83']That does look like an awful burger.

I finished Rock Band 3 yesterday...Now to finish Darksiders 2.[/QUOTE]

How do you finish rock band?

[quote name='Cage017']Why must fast food constantly remove something I love from their menus? Last year it was the taquitos from Taco Bell. This year, Burger King removed their popcorn chicken and redid their chicken nuggets so they are "crispier" aka add more batter so it tastes like a McNugget :shame: .

Note to Wendy's: Don't change anything.[/QUOTE]

Wendy's already ruined their fries and got rid of those delicious homestyle chicken strips.

Does anyone have u verse for internet and know anything about how it's wired in the network interface device? Im just trying to see if it's hooked up right out there.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']While it may not have the best presentation that burger sounds delicious.

We have a small local chain near us that does sloppy, over the top, and gourmet burger varietals called Square1Burgers that is phenomenal. They do a good job of keeping 1/3 the menu and atmosphere fairly chick friendly so it's easy to get the wife to come back.

(I do laugh because the interior looks like a Micheal Ninn set-piece from the 90's).[/QUOTE]

The burger was actually really good. The pic doesn't do it justice. They're all cooked to Medium so they are pink in the middle. Most fast food places, local or otherwise are too leery to do that.

Wife didn't care. Apparently going out on a monthly date for just burgers isn't quite fancy enough. Who knew? (I suspected, but really wanted to try the burger).
We didnt even get to stop for the the "Artisian Ice Cream" afterwards.

On a gaming note:
Arkham City is gorgeous. Maybe some of the best character models (except for everyone being "big") and set pieces in any game.
The tutorial/intro is definately scaled down from Asylum, and having not played that in over a year I felt a little lost.

I bought Rock Band 3 when it went on sale (GoD) and played it a little finally this weekend. Am I missing something, or does it not have an actual career mode? The career menu seems to have a list of things to try for, but no structured career mode. I wish it had that.

[quote name='eldergamer']Man, this thread is deader than a doornail. How do the GGT people go through 2-3 threads a week?[/QUOTE]

Villains, foils, bold opinions, mindless banter.

That Amazon AutoRip is actually pretty fucking cool. I skimmed an article about and missed the part about it being retro-active to elidgable titles as far back as 1998. I refreshed my app list this morning to find 1100+ new songs and I was like: WTF?! It says it's not eligible for CD's given as gifts or sent to different addresses, but older stuff apparently is.

I hope they do this with books vis-à-vis kindle, or even better movies via their streaming video player.

I'd say it's 90% mindless banter.

Stayed up too late last night playing Arkham City. I probably spent nearly a half hour trying to get a Riddler Trophy that I probably can't get until I get the right gadget.
Still haven't figured out what those pressure plates are for.

Wife had a rough night with the baby. Which means I had an early morning with the bigger kids. Which means I probably can't stay up tonight to play Batman again. :sad:

Dang, sonnnnnn! I just bought a $114 worth of comics (3) for $25.

And another OTT morning. Yet the thread is still stuck on page 24, alas.
Have today off since I worked last weekend.

It's only a month old, there were longer ones.

Looking at some preliminary tax calculations and it seems I may be getting $750 back. Not bad considering last year I owed over $200.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's only a month old, there were longer ones.

Looking at some preliminary tax calculations and it seems I may be getting $750 back. Not bad considering last year I owed over $200.[/QUOTE]

I always get at least a couple thousand back every year. Helps having a few kids, itemizing your deductions (we make plenty of clothing/toys donations to Goodwill, etc).

Need to catch up on my :ps3: demos before I start back with Batman.

Patak's curry is pretty bland.

Random caffeine fueled musings.

[quote name='eldergamer']Man, this thread is deader than a doornail. How do the GGT people go through 2-3 threads a week?[/QUOTE]

Unemployed/live with parents/Japanophiles

I usually think every one of those pop culture shirts at target are super corny, but I bought a Bluth family banana stand shirt. There's always money in the banana stand!

I don't understand why Lance Armstrong felt the need to come clean. All he did was fuck himself over. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I usually think every one of those pop culture shirts at target are super corny, but I bought a Bluth family banana stand shirt. There's always money in the banana stand![/QUOTE]

What does it look like?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't understand why Lance Armstrong felt the need to come clean. All he did was fuck himself over. He should have just kept his mouth shut.[/QUOTE]
I think he saw the writing on the wall and was ready to try and get in front of it.

That Left 4 Dead style "escape" mode in Colonial Marines makes me want to preorder it. Why the fuck does it have to be released so close to Dead Space 3?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I think he saw the writing on the wall and was ready to try and get in front of it.

That Left 4 Dead style "escape" mode in Colonial Marines makes me want to preorder it. Why the fuck does it have to be released so close to Dead Space 3?[/QUOTE]

Getting in front of it is going to cost him tens of millions of dollars. If he kept his mouth shut it would have saved him a lot of money and minimized his chance of prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back