Putting the crunch on amazon.ca

CH82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm sick of their over inflated prices. As Canadians we really need to pressure them to get their prices more in line. We need to get more people involved to put up a real boycott

What? Anyone stupid enough to pay overpriced prices isn't reading CAG. Everyone here is already a deal hunter... If we stopped buying it'd probably result in prices increasing...

It really is a joke how bad Amazon.ca is compared to its .com counterpart.
All they have to do is exactly the same as .com and they would be great. The infrastructure is already there, just follow it.

But I'm thinking the main issues unfortunately have to do with shipping and duties.

[quote name='strife18']It really is a joke how bad Amazon.ca is compared to its .com counterpart.
All they have to do is exactly the same as .com and they would be great. The infrastructure is already there, just follow it.

But I'm thinking the main issues unfortunately have to do with shipping and duties.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think the shipping + duties should have an impact; I've purchased numerous items from Amazon.com, and more often than not they ship from an Ontario warehouse.

Wish I could agree, but I pretty much only buy books from amazon, and in that realm they are Vikings. Especially in the world Of pen and paper RPG books. It's usually 30-40% off the MSRP.

If we did have some of the amazon.com deals though, I'd probably consider buying games from them.

I wish Amazon.ca had better prices on some things, but sometimes I'll luck out and find a better deal than what's on .com. Preordering certain things can save you some money. I usually only buy manga from them though, I'll throw in an anime series or video game every now and then.

There has to be some way to put pressure on them though. Email campaign, putting up reviews complaining about prices, spreading bad worth of mouth to other non cheap asses

Don't buy from them, buy from people with lower prices, let the market sort itself out. There's no real reason to "put pressure" on them.

Well I guess overall they are no worse than every other major retailer in the country. Canadians really take it in the ass when it comes to prices.

I have stopped buying from amazon.ca for a while, I preorder frm them games that aren't released, but once bestbuy or eb games have it in stock for cheaper, I switch my preorders immediately...

The last two or three times I try buying from them they really screwed up and only sending computer generated responses on how they can't get the item anymore (even though when I ordered they said there's back log or the item still has 3 copies in stock).

what you need to do is shop around, if amazon.ca has a good price on something then buy that...

What bothers me is that sometimes the best prices are on web stores that I don't know or don't trust

I've never really bothered buying from them. In fact, I don't even bother going to their website. Instead, I go to amazon.com and hope they ship to Canada. Mostly bought textbooks which are considerably cheaper with shipping+customs than buying it in Canada. But as others have said, just don't buy from them. Unlike internet, phone, TV, etc. there are other options.

i usually find decent deals on .ca over time. I just usually add what I want to my wishlist and over time I'll just check it and see price drops. I'll pick up seasons of shows on DVD for

I only ever really buy books from Amazon, and rarely at that. If they ever have a really good deal, the Best Buy and Future Shop near me both happily pricematch Amazon.ca.

If you can find a better deal elsewhere, buy from them instead. If you find a good deal on Amazon, price match it elsewhere (YMMV on this though, some stores won't do it).

Eventually they'll either sort themselves out, or get replaced by something better. There was a world before Amazon, there'll be a world after. No need to try and put the hurt on them, if they can't keep up, they'll do it to themselves.

socom 4 is $40 now

i still dont see what the big deal is, most everything (games wise) is on par to the same retail stores like futureshop & bestbuy

sometimes there are those time limited deals like ultimate matrix bluray ~$45

my only issue with amazon is lack of stock or worse, some games are missing

Amazon.ca screwed me over a while back with a couple of books.

I ordered two books that combined came over to $25 so I would've gotten free SSS. I wait for over a month for them to ship, then one day I get an email (paraphrased) that says "oh yeah one of the books is out of the print we'll send you the other but since your order is now under $25 you're getting charged for shipping now lol"

And when they sent the email they already had the one book being prepared for shipping, and I couldn't cancel the order or get shipping costs refunded. So yeah. Let the book get sent back and reordered it later with another item again for free shipping.

That said, for current prices...The PSP-3000 got its price drop to $130 in what, February? Amazon.ca (amazon.ca itself, not marketplace sellers) is STILL selling it for $170 new.

I agree I find that I buy from amazon.com more often than .ca with free shipping and it normally comes out to a whole lot cheaper than buying from .ca. Pathetic really, especially that the good deals aren't available to ship to Canada. I once saw GH: Warriors of Rock for 20$ on .com and I couldn't buy it because the special was USA only.

One US vs Canada pricing issue that's been bugging me during my hunt for Super Mario Galaxy 2 this weekend was it seems the MSRP on Nintendo's Wii games is $50 in the US and $60 in Canada. I haven't bought a Wii game in years so I don't know if this is standard but if I was still buying them I'd make an effort to only buy used, don't want to support this unfair pricing scheme. A little off-topic, sorry.

bread's done
Back