Puzzle Quest. DS or 360?

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
This might seem dumb to some of you, considering that XBLA version costs $10 and the DS one costs $20. But, I mainly play puzzle games on handhelds, it just seems more fitting. I was just wondering if spending the extra $10 and foregoing the benefits of the XBLA version in order to get a portable version was worth it?

I heard that the touch pad sometimes inputs your moves incorrectly, and I was wondering how frequent this happened? Also, are the games exactly the same outside of achievements, leaderboards, and online play?

I have the DS version and the stylus selecting the wrong thing happens very rarely, and this game is perfect for playing on the can.

I'd go for the DS version myself, unless you're gagging to play it on Live, or are a worse achievement whore than me ;) .

I have the PSP version as well and must admit the DS version is probably superior, but not by much.

Well, the XBLA version is in HD.

HD, achievements, multiplayer, leaderboards... yeah... other than that the games are "exactly the same".

Honestly, though, the benefit of portability on a title like this cannot be underestimated. If you use your handheld often, I'd go with that.

The 360 version has been tweaked slightly to weaken the extremely strong spells. They added a recharge to some of the more powerful spells, which makes the vs mode much more skill based.

That said, I like the DS stylus control for it much more than using a controller.

Hope that helps.

cast my vote for the DS version. this is the perfect game to play while doing something else (it's a perfect compliment to watching football games). I've only had about 5 "mis-hits" in 100+ games, and those were probably my fault for dragging the stylus. so don't worry too much about that.

Another vote for DS. It really -is- pick up and play. Sometimes when I'm waiting for my computer to finish loading or doing something, I can pick up my DS and finish a round. No waiting for the 360 load screens and whatnot.

I haven't played the XBLA version, but I loved the stylus control in the DS version. I don't think the game would be nearly as fun if it were played on a standard controller.

The 360 version is the best version. Its $15. The DS version is $20, you can take it on the go, and you actually own it.

I beat the DS version at launch, and I loved it soo much that if the 360 version was $10, I'd probably have bought it already. But $15 is too much to rent a game that I already own.

My Target had (has still?) Puzzle Quest for the DS near the front registers for $15. This was not a sale, it was with a bunch of other DS games in a display near the checkout counters before xmas. I think I have seen there since. Not sure if this is a YMMV deal or is offered at all Targets.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Plus the XBLA version is actually 1200 points ($15), not $10.[/QUOTE]
It is? Oh. Well then it's a no brainer. DS all the way.

bread's done
Back