Q 104.3 NYC's list of the 1,043 greatest rock songs ever.

Sweet Child O' Mine is the only GnR song in the top 50? fuck.

Not a single Jeff Buckley song makes this list fail automatically.

Also, you know that feeling you get when everyone else just praises and praises something particular, but you just happen to find it mediocre or even bad? That's the way I've always felt about Lynyrd Skynyrd. I have never seen what the big fuss about them is.

Bullshit @ "Comfortably Numb" being only 9. Blasphemy. :rofl:

On a serious note at least its not Floyd's most overrated song ever in the top 10...

Learning To Fly.

I'm surprised to see the Allmans make the list so much.

36: Allman Brothers- Jessica
46: Allman Brothers- Whipping Post
125: Allman Brothers- In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
164: Allman Brothers- Blue Sky
194: Allman Brothers- Melissa
213: Allman Brothers- One Way Out
230: Allman Brothers- Statesboro Blues
342: Greg Allman- I'm No Angel
349: Allman Brothers- Ramblin' Man
520: Allman Brothers- No One To Run With
606: Allman Brothers- Stormy Monday
683: Allman Brothers- Dreams
861: Allman Brothers- Revival
1005: Allman Brothers- Southbound

Also why is Nirvana, Green Day and Aretha Franklin on the list? I thought it was a classic rock list?

[quote name='Sporadic']Also why is Green Day on the list? I thought it was a classic rock list?[/QUOTE]

Wow..... I didn't know emo music was already considered to be classic rock? What the fuck has this world come to? I need some answers...

(and perhaps some... JUSTICE)

I will not rest until this is answered. Mark my words.

*passes out*

Why so many damned songs once you do a list over 100 it loses a certain something. Any list over 100 just seems like your adding shit "just cause." I mean really what makes song 1043 worse then 1042.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow..... I didn't know emo music was already considered to be classic rock?[/QUOTE] Green Day? Emo? What the hell man. Green Day is neither real emo or current "emo".

They still suck, though. :lol:

[quote name='CitizenB']Why so many damned songs once you do a list over 100 it loses a certain something. Any list over 100 just seems like your adding shit "just cause." I mean really what makes song 1043 worse then 1042.[/QUOTE]

They did 1,043 since the station's number is... *AHEM* 104.3.

This list actually has some credibility .. no Nirvana in the top 50
icon14.gif

Pink Floyd's "Money" not in the top 100 is bullshit

and no Motorhead in the top 100 is another crock of shit though its cool to see that they put Iron Butterfly's "Ina Gadda Da Vida" at 57

I wounder what made the Who's "Baba O'Reily" drop from the number 2 spot last year to number 5 this year.

So Metallica doesnt enter the list till 176 and its Enter Sandman? Where da fucks Puppets, One, or For WHom the Bell Tolls? Dis list teh total suckage. And i have aboslutly no time to be reading through 15 pages of stuff so if those songs or any others make it please let me know.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']And what about Alice in Chains or Tool?[/QUOTE]
It is a classic rock station, so it will be all classic rock songs.

I will say I was happy to see Meat Loaf Break the top 25, though I rank Bat Out Of Hell slightly higher Than Paradise By the Dashboard Lights

I am pretty sure most classic rock stations have a ten year rule, not sure though. The classic rock station here in Boston plays U2 all the time.

[quote name='Demolition Man']They did 1,043 since the station's number is... *AHEM* 104.3.[/QUOTE]

Why not the top 104 songs then. When you say a radio station number you say 104.3 not 1043.

bread's done
Back