Quality difference between new silver and regular Xbox 360 controller

Dark Lord Greg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The controller that came with my 360 is acting up so Im looking to buy a new one and was wondering if the new silver controller is better and lasts longer than the regular ones? I know the new silver controller has that retractable D-pad (which I have no use for) but are there other benefits to buying it? Asking because I would rather get the cool looking Fable 3 controller but if the new silver one is better I will buy that one

anybody? lol kinda want a few opinions before I order though im leaning towards the new silver as I just read that the thumb sticks have a little more resistance and more grip

I'm not sure about it "lasting longer" than any other MS controller. It's main appeal is that D-Pad since a lot of people need a better D-Pad for fighting games and such. If you don't need that D-Pad then go with what you think is cooler in this case.

if you have no use for the d pad get whatever is cheaper. to me it overall feels nicer and it's handy that it comes with a charge kit which so far seems to suck less than normal, but probably not worth the current price premium.

the all greyscale look is pretty cool though.

I bought one of the new silver, transforming d-pad controllers about 2 months ago. The button and trigger quality seems much higher and responsive and after switching back to an old-style 360 controller on occasion I find there is a noticeable difference in the analog sticks. Also, one more note is that my left analog stick developed a slight drift after a couple of weeks of intense play and just last week my right analog developed a slight drift. Overall, I really like the new controller's feel. FYI, I also play a LOT of Black Ops multi-player and with MW2 MP alone I went through 4 controllers.

I Might as well chime in too since I've had it for over a month now. Personally I like it alot. The d-pad isn't a definete game changer for fighting games, but it still feels nice and more responsive versus the default hideous looking thing. That and the the center of the analog sticks are slightly pressed in so you get a better grip on them versus the others.

[quote name='woodcan']I bought one of the new silver, transforming d-pad controllers about 2 months ago. The button and trigger quality seems much higher and responsive and after switching back to an old-style 360 controller on occasion I find there is a noticeable difference in the analog sticks. Also, one more note is that my left analog stick developed a slight drift after a couple of weeks of intense play and just last week my right analog developed a slight drift. Overall, I really like the new controller's feel. FYI, I also play a LOT of Black Ops multi-player and with MW2 MP alone I went through 4 controllers.[/QUOTE]

I have worn out the analog sticks on a couple of 360 controllers so far. I had one that I used to play days and days of CoD MW, WaW, ans MW2 and the sticks are now just mush. They lean to the side due to their own weight and cause unwanted movement and view. I feel like I have a lazy eye when I stand still and slowly keep looking to the left, lol.

So I agree its very possible to wear out the sticks on the original style 360 controllers. So I wonder if the new controller has 'stronger' sticks?

the new triggers, d-pad and sticks are better on the new silver. I love it.

they also have rigged ends on the sticks that give you more grip. I would suggest it.

Quality control sucks on the silver controllers. Already had to exchange one for a drifting left stick (character moves left very slowly after letting go of the stick), and now the replacement is doing the same thing!

I'm happy with my Halo Reach controller. My only gripe with 360 controllers is the little. I was kinda excited about the new D-Pad controllers but I don't play fighting games that often to warrant the purchase. I'll just never get the missions done in MVC3.

yeah, nothing worse than a drift on your controller DX annoyed the crap out of me when my ME2 character would go out of cover all the time lol (backwards drift) does anyone know of a place where you can buy replacement analog sensors? (not the stick itself, as thats not where the problem is) sucks having to pay $50 for such a small but annoying problem

I don't really play fighters but the d-pad is especially crap when you try to hotkey things to it in RPGs. I can't tell you what kind of rages I fly into when I die because I pushed the d-pad for a potion and nothing happens.

[quote name='Survivalism']I don't really play fighters but the d-pad is especially crap when you try to hotkey things to it in RPGs. I can't tell you what kind of rages I fly into when I die because I pushed the d-pad for a potion and nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

Shooters too. I died countless times trying to select C4 and turning on my Nightvision goggles instead, lol.

bread's done
Back