Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the 12th rolls around, then I think these complaints will hold a little more weight.  Not saying its ideal, but the wording does say the week of 4/5... which in the loosest terms could mean up to a week after

Once the 12th rolls around, then I think these complaints will hold a little more weight. Not saying its ideal, but the wording does say the week of 4/5... which in the loosest terms could mean up to a week after
The official QB twitter account stated they would be sent out in the afternoon PT on the 5th.

Microsoft is just screwing this up royally.

No code here yet either. I don't understand the holdup as someone else mentioned, it's all digital anyway. Something is off here. Like they're deliberately holding them back.

Anyway I can't complain too much because I'm liking the game so far.

I finished the game for the first time yesterday. The combat is really fun, but by the end of the game it started to get a bit stale.

Vanquish did time/speed a lot better and the enemies are pretty bullet spungie. The guns are pretty stale. That said, don't play this like a cover shooter at all. Spam your time powers and constantly use them. I barely ever went into cover especially after upgrading my abilities. I thought the combat was extremely fluid and allowed you to approach every encounter differently... By the end though, I was ready for the game to be over because the enemies became a bit repetitive and encounters with weak spot juggernaut type characters became a bit dull.

The final boss was annoying until I looked up a YouTube vid. Protip: when the screen centers on a big explosion, run to the other side of the room. That will save you from hating the boss fight. The worst part was that you had to re do the whole fight and either sit through the cutscene or long load time.

Other than that, I really liked the game and the story. I thought it was very interesting and the way the game effected the t.v. show allows for at least another play through. I was disappointed that the end of act 5 did not have another episode explaining some of the very confusing loose ends, but their is plenty of room for a sequel.

The actors did a great job. If you like traditional Metal Gears, especially MGS4, you'll love this games transition from games to cutscene. Some of the art and effects are truly unique and very awesome. The show is actually interesting and gives you extra insight into the game and fleshed out the story well. The effects and fight scenes are well done with much higher quality fight scenes than a cw show, but not exactly Daredevil quality. I would put it right at the generic cop action show or agents of shield in terms of quality. I liked it though and pay attention to the character Martin Hatch, because he is a spectacular enigma.

I encountered only a couple of glitches. At the beginning of the game, Will wouldn't trigger the next transition to another room which made me restart the level. Checkpoint reset wouldn't work. It cost me about 5 minutes. Transitions between acts and rooms is sometimes a bit... Janky as you can't go back through the door you just walked through. As the game is extremely linear, that means you will definitely miss some Intel or chronon upgrade points at some point during your first play through. Hitting reset to checkpoint or level will only bring you to after the transition, so you would have to redo the whole act.

As for the port, a lot of mixed reports are coming in. I've heard many people have very few problems with the game, but it's hard to push the limits. For instance, the game will run on lower end rigs at 720p30fps no problem, but higher end rigs obviously want to get their money's worth out of their system.

There is always that one person who will bitch about something even though it has been said multiple times when the codes would be sent out. The only joke is your post.
Are you out of your mind or just a Microsoft obsessive? It's not even the week of the 5th anymore. Some of us actually want the thing we paid for.

Are you out of your mind or just a Microsoft obsessive? It's not even the week of the 5th anymore. Some of us actually want the thing we paid for.
I agree. What's more annoying for me is that bonus codes for probably every other preorder I've ever done have been sent out or on the receipt the very same day.

I know they said "7-10 days" for the AW codes, which I got day one from BB. But they did say the week of the 5th for the PC codes (which in my mind normal means the same week which ended yesterday).

The whole delayed code thing was a stupid idea to begin with when other games do the same day thing. Don't know why this had to be different.

Realistically it was a dumb preorder bonus to begin with.  I'm sure most are just flipping the codes in the first place.  MS SHOULD HAVE linked pre-ordering the game on Xbox Live with the MS store and not allow resale.  They also should make that a standard for Xbox One games that are also on PC, if they are true on the attempt to unify Xbox and PC as best they can.  Fortunately for us, we can sell the preorder codes and cannibalize sale numbers (unless they count an Xbox preorder as 2 games sold).

It's really all a mess that doesn't really matter as this is MS first attempt at same time release cross buy and either an experiment or learning experience.  I did not think this would go smoothly.  Every promo involving codes has issues when dealing with the Xbox store.  I've had long chats involving the Halo 5 digital/physical trade, the BatmanVSuperman promo, etc.  They will compensate you with codes for free months of live if you persist (which is the least they could do, really).

Blah blah blah first world problems.

I just want my code so I can sell it to a CAG I already made an agreement with.  Regardless what you think "the week of" , an easily justifiable definition is within 7 days so that is a moot and trivial argument.  Start burning buildings next Tuesday though!!!

What you paid for was Quantum Break on Xbox 1, everything else is just a bonus that MS is throwing in. If people wanted the PC version day one they should have bought the PC version. It's not like you paid more for the AW codes and W10 code, and they will get sent out, probably within the next few days. Everyone being so impatient, and acting like this is some huge deal are fucking ridiculous

Without the movies, the game is like maybe 6-7hrs.. +an hour and a half or so from the episodes (which I found just boring).

Honestly, I felt the game was way to boring an repetitive for the first two chapters, but once I got the running punch ability/super speed.. it felt quite a bit better.

All in all, it's fun but not the best.. maybe a two or three time through to see how the decisions effect the game. Overly repetitive, and never deviates from the formula of shoot out, platform/puzzle section to next shoot out.

High 6 low 7.

I only pre-ordered the game, because the Windows version was promised to come with it. 

There was no way to order Quantum Break just for PC at that time.

No matter which way you want to look at it, or argue it, Microsoft really screwed up the game's launch.

I game share with my buddy, he was interested in playing and so was I, since I primarily play on PC now I figured this would be a way to kill two birds with one stone and save us both a little.

This has been pitiful though they way they have handled it. Like every other UWP game so far turns out it's a mess. Killer Instinct was one problem away from being an outstanding port, but if your monitor did above 60hz, the game ran at turbo speed. How could you miss that?

I only pre-ordered the game, because the Windows version was promised to come with it.

There was no way to order Quantum Break just for PC at that time.

No matter which way you want to look at it, or argue it, Microsoft really screwed up the game's launch.
Microsoft reps invading the thread trying to cover up their illumnati scheme

by the time microsoft sends out PC codes quantum break 2 will be out

just kidding, the game bombed so badly there will never be a sequel
Bombed so badly? I don't know if it bombed. The PC version maybe but I hope the X1 version did well. It's a great game IMO.

Realistically it was a dumb preorder bonus to begin with. I'm sure most are just flipping the codes in the first place. MS SHOULD HAVE linked pre-ordering the game on Xbox Live with the MS store and not allow resale. They also should make that a standard for Xbox One games that are also on PC, if they are true on the attempt to unify Xbox and PC as best they can. Fortunately for us, we can sell the preorder codes and cannibalize sale numbers (unless they count an Xbox preorder as 2 games sold).
So basically you want them to DRM the game? Isn't that what MS got in trouble for at E3 when they unveiled the Xbox? It's the equivelant of buying a game and being told you can't play it. It's bad enough that digital versions of games (which are sold at full retail on release as opposed to physical which get discounted if you have GCU), but they have no resale value and they can't be given away either. That would be very wrong for MS to impose that sort of thing.

What you paid for was Quantum Break on Xbox 1, everything else is just a bonus that MS is throwing in. If people wanted the PC version day one they should have bought the PC version. It's not like you paid more for the AW codes and W10 code, and they will get sent out, probably within the next few days. Everyone being so impatient, and acting like this is some huge deal are fucking ridiculous
It was a preorder incentive wasn't it? The same type of stuff GS and other retailers pull all the time. It was a bonus yes, but one that ensured you would order the game. I bought this game digitally before it was even released so that I would get that content with it. It was all part of the deal in the first place, so yes I am entitled to it and yes I am annoyed that it hasn't been sent.

To be fair, that basically just says it outsold Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, and Screamride. VGChartz puts those 3 at a COMBINED 2.41 million (a total that would sit 30th among PS4 titles and 14th for XB1). Really, we're just getting a report that the game is in the neighborhood of 1.5 million copies. Granted, that's after a week, but it's also with a console bundle. It's not an especially impressive sales total regardless, not when it's possibly at half the sales of Ghosts on XB1, which was a total failure in quality and popularity.

To be fair, that basically just says it outsold Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, and Screamride. VGChartz puts those 3 at a COMBINED 2.41 million (a total that would sit 30th among PS4 titles and 14th for XB1). Really, we're just getting a report that the game is in the neighborhood of 1.5 million copies. Granted, that's after a week, but it's also with a console bundle. It's not an especially impressive sales total regardless, not when it's possibly at half the sales of Ghosts on XB1, which was a total failure in quality and popularity.
That means it has sold a minimum of 1.5 million.

It could have sold 3 million for all we know.

Sunset Overdrive also sold as a console bundle and was, IIRC, the only way to get a white console at the time which I'm sure boosted it's sales a bit.

Got AW as well. No PC code. That sucks if it's being sent on the 15th like someone else said. I feel bad for the CAGs waiting for those trades. No reason it should've taken this long since it was all digital anyway.

I have a question for those who have already played the game... I finally got around to playing the game and just finished the first act. Is there supposed to be live action episodes that play after each act? Because it just went to the next act without playing an episode, maybe I need to download them? Or is there not one after act 1...

I have a question for those who have already played the game... I've finally got around to playing the game and just finished the first act. Is there supposed to be live action episodes that play after each act? Because it just went to the next act without playing an episode, maybe I need to download them? Or is there not one after act 1...
After the first act did you play as Paul and make a decision? After each act you will come to a decision point. Immediately after you get to watch the show. I'm not sure about needing to download them but I certainly did. Try that.

I have a question for those who have already played the game... I've finally got around to playing the game and just finished the first act. Is there supposed to be live action episodes that play after each act? Because it just went to the next act without playing an episode, maybe I need to download them? Or is there not one after act 1...
you gotta play a little more. After each act there is a little set up called junctions to make a choice and then it leads into the show.

Ah that makes sense, thanks guys, maybe I didn't play the whole act. I could have sworn it said act 1 complete, my bad.

Ah that makes sense, thanks guys, maybe I didn't play the whole act. I could have sworn it said act 1 complete, my bad.
It may have been "part 1 complete" instead. You'll know when you get to the episodes because it prompts you to choose to watch it or not

For those getting codes, where did you pre-order from? Directly from the Xbox store? I did the Microsoft store due to the $10 credit.

But you would think both MS storefronts would go through the same backend process for digital.

I haven't gotten any codes yet. Wondered if it was those who ordered directly on the XBL store that are getting the codes (at least AW) first.

bread's done
Back