Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had initially sold my code to an ebayer who was very patient, now he wants his money back and I don't blame him. I'd made $50 on the code by selling it early and he was cool waiting the 7 days because he knew the deal going on.
you could have just bought a windows code for $15 from cag/gaf/etc and sent it to the guy

Yes, there is. When someone's running an article about how the platform hates consumers and needs to be stopped from existing, that's overblowing it. It needs attention. It needs fixed. We have seen them explain their plans multiple times now. That it still gets treated like some government operation to ruin PC gaming or something is ridiculous. It needed planed better, but daily beatings don't get the work from them done any faster. I know comparing a beta to this isn't fair, but the DOOM beta was similarly a disaster on some PCs, but it gets railed on less than Quantum Break. I'd just like to see their first major update before we call the thing the worst product of all time.
It needed to be fixed before the game was released. When you release a game that will not even start on some hardware that is not that uncommon, it's bad. Warner Bros. took a beating for Arkham Knight, and it was nowhere near as bad.

edit: And this is Remedy, a good and PC friendly developer. If that doesn't highlight the glaring flaws of the platform, I don't know what does.

It needed to be fixed before the game was released. When you release a game that will not even start on some hardware that is not that uncommon, it's bad. Warner Bros. took a beating for Arkham Knight, and it was nowhere near as bad.

edit: And this is Remedy, a good and PC friendly developer. If that doesn't highlight the glaring flaws of the platform, I don't know what does.
It's also a game not initially planned for PC, so that's a factor. They can't just say, "oh, there's a problem," and it's fixed. They knew it pretty quickly, and have openly been working towards a resolution since. They can't just make it happen. It's not like they waited until Quantum Break to acknowledge any faults, it's just not ready yet. It's planned as part of the latest version of the OS, coming in the summer. You can probably get it in May or June in the Insider Preview as well. So, again, they know it's a problem. They've stated it's being worked on. They've given a release window for it. It's not like this is a long-term thing that they're ignoring, so it's not unreasonable to suggest we let them put out a fix first. It doesn't mean it can't be mentioned or acknowledged, but do we REALLY need to keep bumping this thread over the matter?

I know I don't, so I've got nothing more to put into this.

Bought a physical copy of QB, and redeemed the included code for Alan Wake - did not seem to redeem for the two DLCs as mentioned (though I know they're free) and stranger still, the product page does not mention I "purchased" Alan Wake and still expects $19.99. Only access I have to the game is through my purchase history,

Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah I offered to send him a code id buy myself but he wanted a refund.

Yes, I contacted them. They literally just referred me to the forums to make a post and said I'd get an answer. What a joke. Look at these forums:

https://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/games/q/f/5615.aspx
Oh, yeah, the Xbox Forums fell into a state of disaster years ago. They're somewhat hidden on the site and organized terribly. I used to go there, but they made them too troublesome to deal with. No community on there, it's just a waste or time.

Now they won't give me a refund yet because "I posted on the forums less than 24 hours ago and once 3 days has reached with no response I can get a refund"

lol, this is so ridiculous. Last time I preorder something specifically FOR a bonus from them.

Same here, still no $10 code, but got another AW, NM, and QB10 code, now what to do with it. Be cool to get two $10 codes, LOL!

I still haven't gotten a single code, I've sworn off Xbox over this, I've never been so missed over a video game purchase, Microsoft is a clown show

4/4 off marketplace on Xbox one
Only thing I can think of is if the time zone difference screwed you over and they think you ordered 4/5 instead. You should definitely call. Most of us who ordered off the Xbox One marketplace got our codes. Some people are getting double codes.

I ordered it on the 3rd, processed on the 4th. I called xbox support and they confirmed my order was in time and they forwarded me to the xbox support forums where every response is "we are investigating it". I've tried @xboxsupport on twitter and they said the problem has been found an we should get our codes soon. Not holding my breath.

Only thing I can think of is if the time zone difference screwed you over and they think you ordered 4/5 instead. You should definitely call. Most of us who ordered off the Xbox One marketplace got our codes. Some people are getting double codes.
I ordered at 7:30 AM EST and I've called 3 times

Given the fiasco around the Gears codes from the ultimate edition, and now the issues with this, I'm staying away from Microsoft deals like this.

Anyone have any luck with the $10 gift code? I got all my game codes, but no sign of the gift code. Usually they show up in my Rewards account within a week or two.

lol how does this even happen in 2016

this isn't 1999 when you send away 20 bucks and hope the cds you ordered to join the music club eventually show up in 8 weeks

I'd love to do a chargeback on my CC but of course that'll result in being banned. I've tried the chat in getting a refund but they said they can't because I made progress in the game (a whole 30 minutes).

I'm going to call tomorrow and see if that does any better.

Anybody who still hasn't gotten their code should check their XBL messages. I pre-ordered on 4/3 and I just got my codes 15 minutes ago. 

No sign of the $10 gift code here, either.
I chatted with support this morning and they finally generated a new code for me. They asked repeatedly when the game was delivered so apparently they have no concept of buying the download version. The code is for the Microsoft Store instead of Xbox like the promo said, but you can just buy an Xbox gift card if you want.

With the way things are going I may get lucky and it will show up in my rewards account a month late.

just got off with MS chat for the 3rd time and they said wait until end of month then contact them if not received $10 preorder code

bread's done
Back