Queens OTT The Stone Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Moxio']fuck, I'm not reading all that.

In my own little fantasy world: FFXII in 6 hours?

Man I can't believe it's finally here... Been waiting for 5 years and it's now within reach.[/QUOTE]I got a guy at Walmart to break street date on it. I bought two.

[quote name='jmcc']I got a guy at Walmart to break street date on it. I bought two.[/QUOTE]

invasion2.jpg

Wait, FFXII will be in stores tomorrow/tonight? I always thought that Tuesday was just a ship date and the stores don't actually get games until Wednesday.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Touch Detective is fun.[/quote]
I've been thinking of getting that. But right now I'm busy with PW2. I had to start a chapter over because apparently you don't regain your life meter after each chapter. At least that was the case with chapters 2 and 3.

[quote name='dcfox']Wait, FFXII will be in stores tomorrow/tonight? I always thought that Tuesday was just a ship date and the stores don't actually get games until Wednesday.

I've been thinking of getting that. But right now I'm busy with PW2. I had to start a chapter over because apparently you don't regain your life meter after each chapter. At least that was the case with chapters 2 and 3.[/QUOTE]

Not with Final Fantasy XII. ;)

Remember that GameStop / EB has a midnight release, which, PST, is a mere 5.5 hours from now.

[quote name='Moxio']Not with Final Fantasy XII. ;)

Remember that GameStop / EB has a midnight release, which, PST, is a mere 5.5 hours from now.[/quote]
Jonathan is going to it straight from work since he gets off at 11. I have to ya know get up in the morning and shape young minds. :cry:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
invasion2.jpg
[/QUOTE]Yeah. Then, I offered one to a kid in the parking lot if he could bounce a ball 15 times in a row.

[quote name='Moxio']Not with Final Fantasy XII. ;)

Remember that GameStop / EB has a midnight release, which, PST, is a mere 5.5 hours from now.[/quote]
I guess that means I'll pick it tomorrow morning. I'm almost tempted to go at midnight, which is only 2 hours and 15 minutes from now (take that Mox ;) ), since it's pretty warm outside.

[quote name='shrike4242']No game is worth picking up at midnight. :roll:

Bedtime or otherwise. :razz:[/quote]
That's where you're wrong. You're just not good enough for the games that are good enough for midnight releases. ;)

DAMNIT!

I didn't get a chance to beat FFXII before it's release. I'm only 20 hours in.

I've been real busy with school and all my gaming time has been going to Splinter Cell, GRAW, or UMK3.

Games ship out on Tuesdays, yeah, but FFXII is street dated. When a game's street dated, it ships early in preparation for that date.

[quote name='zewone']DAMNIT!

I didn't get a chance to beat FFXII before it's release. I'm only 20 hours in.

I've been real busy with school and all my gaming time has been going to Splinter Cell, GRAW, or UMK3.[/QUOTE]

I think since my 360 is broken I will start this okami game.

You should. Okami is probably going to be the 2nd best game of this year.

1st being Zelda. Hopefully, I get to own it.

[quote name='zewone']You should. Okami is probably going to be the 2nd best game of this year.

1st being Zelda. Hopefully, I get to own it.[/quote]
How long is Okami? If it's a short game, sub 10 hours, I might start it.

[quote name='dcfox']How long is Okami? If it's a short game, sub 10 hours, I might start it.[/QUOTE]
I rushed through it and finished at 31 hours.

[quote name='Strell']I will attend parties as Dr. Frankenfurter next year.

Oh yes.[/quote]:lol:
I just finished that movie, I can't believe I never watched it before (I borrowed it from my friend ~2 years ago =P ).

I'm actually thinking of being one of those dancers in the suits for next year.

I feel stupid.

I was trying to add you as friend and I couldn't find the friend link.

Then I realized I wasn't logged in. :oops:

[quote name='zewone']I rushed through it and finished at 31 hours.[/QUOTE]

my friend was at 42 hours, but said he was pretty much at the end.

On the subject of women/love, what I've found is that you never know the outs and ins, regardless of your age, and regardless of the relationships you've been in. The human ideal of "Love" represents something totally unattainable, unless there's artificial forces acting upon - i.e., Shakespeare gets to control Romeo and Juliet, which is why the emotion is so raw and real there, but nothing will ever come close to that in real life.

Whenever I hear someone tell me they are in love and that I don't know what true love is, I just shrug them off. Because I've heard that phrase thrown around so much these days, that it almost carries no meaning whatsoever. Just like people who can completely divorce emotional depth from sex and keep it totally a physical need, love has become raped of what it once was. There's a lot of factors and things to consider regarding this, but I don't have the time or patience to go into them.

What I know is that I thought I was in love at one point in time, I was told I was correct, and I was told it was completely reciprocated, and it ended up being a total lie. And there's nothing I get to do about it at this point but move on, and realize that all those reactions that ran 'round my mind were combinations of ignorance, hope, and blindness.

I aint jaded, but I damn well am more knowledgeable in those arts and in those ways, and I can safely say that almost no one knows what love is until they've reached a plateau where they are totally comfortable with whomever they are with. And generally, generally, those who think they are in that situation are mistaken far more often than not.

Point? Don't be haughty to others and call them jaded/ignorant and tell them "well if you only knew," since I could go to church and hear the exact same things. If I've got issue with what you say and I say it, don't turn back around and say I'm totally off base just because you can.

Personally, in the back of my head, I want humans as a collective and as a collective individual to be happy in whatever means and ways it takes. So what that requires I could care less about. But don't turn around and tell me I'm suddenly wrong because you're different or in a different situation. That aint cool.

Also, for the record, I wouldn't condescend to Brak. The only person who gets to do that is me, and he and I have a mutual understanding about that, and it goes both ways. He and I went through the same basic shit at the same time, and we've run all the roads we've needed on that issue.

Also, dcfox, this is relevant to your interests:
Strell's gf> You sure do say you love dcfox a lot. Is this something I should be worried about?
Strell> Maybe, considering he's a guy.

Part of me wants to think that did not totally quell her fear.

Oh, and smalien - that song is "Mad World," originally by Tears for Fears, but remixed by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews for Donnie Darko.

[quote name='Strell']
Oh, and smalien - that song is "Mad World," originally by Tears for Fears, but remixed by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews for Donnie Darko.[/QUOTE]
I need to download that song. It went really well with the GoW commercial.

How come you only hear bad things about cigarettes in those truth commercials? They never mention the fact that they are delicious.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']How come you only hear bad things about cigarettes in those truth commercials? They never mention the fact that they are delicious.[/quote]

Dude, you ain't supposed to eat them! :lol:

Sometimes I feel the weight of the world (weight of the world)
And it's so heavy that its bringing me down (bringing me down)

This song (Weight of the World by Pigeon John) is just too good

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']How come you only hear bad things about cigarettes in those truth commercials? They never mention the fact that they are delicious.[/QUOTE]

The only cigarette I find delicious are those vanilla mini cigar things.

I never bet on the Pats, usually my heart gets in the way of my head, but tonight, I had a feeling and it's comin' up Milhouse.

I haven't bet on football in the last 3 weeks, after my first 3 weeks of failure. Now that things are a little more stable I'll throw some more money in.

[quote name='mr ryles']I haven't bet on football in the last 3 weeks, after my first 3 weeks of failure. Now that things are a little more stable I'll throw some more money in.[/quote]

Your bets are too crazy, you try to make too much too quick, the key is slowly building your bank roll till you can piss it all away on the Super Bowl.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I never bet on the Pats, usually my heart gets in the way of my head, but tonight, I had a feeling and it's comin' up Milhouse.[/QUOTE]That's no good. Usually when that happens, someone learns what it's like when doves cry.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Your bets are too crazy, you try to make too much too quick, the key is slowly building your bank roll till you can piss it all away on the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

In my defense 2 of those 3 crazy bets only fell short by 1 team not covering the spread. The 3rd one you would of thought I covered my eyes and randomly clicked on the screen.

I'll just make a small one or 2 this week, something like two 3 teamers.

Man, I think I'm going to have to make Billy Mays my new lord and savior. Hercules Hooks, Billy? So awesome...

The Pats just crippled this back up QB on his first play. Welcome to Monday Night Football.

Ryles, I'm tellin' ya, 3 to 4 team 6 point teasers with teams you really feel strongly about and you'll be set. You'll be throwin' money on which team will win the coin toss at the Super Bowl in no time.

[quote name='mr ryles']The only cigarette I find delicious are those vanilla mini cigar things.[/QUOTE]

Try cloves friend, or better yet... don't, they are mighty tasty but if you smoke to many you'll end up coughing blood.

[quote name='jmcc']Man, I think I'm going to have to make Billy Mays my new lord and savior. Hercules Hooks, Billy? So awesome...[/quote]

Just as a point of discussion, what do you think Billy makes in a year? You think he gets a base pay plus commissions?

Billy Mays's Details
Here for: Networking, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Orange Glo
Body type: 5' 11" / Athletic
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Religion: Scientologist
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: College graduate
Income: $150,000 to $250,000

[quote name='JimmieMac']Just as a point of discussion, what do you think Billy makes in a year? You think he gets a base pay plus commissions?[/QUOTE]No, no commission. I'm pretty sure he runs like an ad firm, so he just gets a set fee to produce a set length. I'd guess around 40 or 50 thou per commercial he does.

Who was that shill that used to wear the sweater and act dumb, like he would act like he was always fuckin up grilled cheese and needed the Foreman grill to help ease him thru his toasting bread hazards?

And that fat lady that had the steamer basket and egg poacher. You think she makes what Billy makes? If she does, that aint right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back