Queens OTT The Stone Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='blandstalker']Can't speak for TMobile, but I've had a Virgin pay as you go phone for a couple years now. It costs $20 every three months and has been incredibly easy and reliable. Target periodically has sales on their minutes cards, too, sometimes making it $15 every three months.

Of course, we barely use it. I am thinking of getting another though, so we can both have one.[/quote]
How many minutes do you get with that $20 a month and do you get free long distance? I barely use my phone now but I do have family in other states. So pay as you go seems like a good alternative.

[quote name='dcfox']Well, if you're not waking up tired I'd say you're alright. Maybe you all of sudden gained an overwhelming desire to live life to it's fullest so your body is getting up earlier but your mind just don't know it yet.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Yeah that could be it. :lol:

The cartoon wasn't great, but Homestar 'n crew had people dressed up like Coach McGuirk, The Maxx, and Tony Clifton.

Which means Homestar fucking wins.

[quote name='Strell']The cartoon wasn't great, but Homestar 'n crew had people dressed up like Coach McGuirk, The Maxx, and Tony Clifton.

Which means Homestar fucking wins.[/QUOTE] I was checking out the site just last night, for the first time in years. :lol:

Coolest costume I've seen so far today was some girl dressed up as Doc Ock, complete with all the arms. She even had tattered pieces of what was supposed to be Spidey's costume. Makes me wish I had come up with something to dress as.

[quote name='Eviltude']Quick semi-tech question.
Is there a way to upgrade to usb 2.0 without buying something? I'm trying to do it the CAG way.[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge, no. You'll probably need to buy a USB 2.0 card to install in your PC. I bought one a year and a half ago at Best Buy, it had 4 ports and cost around $30. I'm sure if you look around you'll be able to beat that price.

[quote name='Eviltude']Quick semi-tech question.
Is there a way to upgrade to usb 2.0 without buying something? I'm trying to do it the CAG way.[/QUOTE]

No. It's hardware differences, not software.

You'll have to buy a PCI card to put into your computer. You can get'em prolly for 15 shipped or so via newegg.com or such. Also you can check dealnews.com.

Thanks for the info. From what my brother told me he said it's just a software upgrade but that didn't seem logical to me. Thanks again.

[quote name='Eviltude']Thanks for the info. From what my brother told me he said it's just a software upgrade but that didn't seem logical to me. Thanks again.[/quote]
There is a little truth to that statement.

USB support in Windows 98 blows.
If you're running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you're covered. Windows XP prefered in that situation, especially with SP2.

Shrike - I've got xp pro but I dont want to fucking buy anything, which is why i'm here obviously. If I can magage to get away with simply downloading a driver and having it work about as good as it would if I were to go out and buy some shit, I would pass it off as usb 1.9.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']For some reason I haven't been able to sleep more than 6 hours a night, lately. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Me either. I have to medicate myself to go to sleep... it's that bad. And then it seems like the day drags on way too long.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Tonight will be a good night. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. Have a great one. :)

[quote name='Eviltude']Shrike - I've got xp pro but I dont want to fucking buy anything, which is why i'm here obviously. If I can magage to get away with simply downloading a driver and having it work about as good as it would if I were to go out and buy some shit, I would pass it off as usb 1.9.[/quote]
Nope, can't just do it with a driver. Has to be an add-in PCI card for it, though between SlickDeals, BensBargains, NewEgg and ZipZoomFly, you should be able to find something on the $15 and under pricing that would work.

I was surprised that I was only the third person to get FFXII at CC this morning 20 minutes after they opened, though I'm glad I was able to get one. :) The game does indeed kick ass.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was surprised that I was only the third person to get FFXII at CC this morning 20 minutes after they opened, though I'm glad I was able to get one. :) The game does indeed kick ass.[/quote]
Yeah, but you don't have the Collector's Edition. Metal case > $20 ;)

[quote name='dcfox']Yeah, but you don't have the Collector's Edition. Metal case > $20 ;)[/quote]
Putting the money towards a Wii preorder > metal case.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Bio-Steam.

Or BioSteam, I forgot if we're doing it hyphenated.[/quote]

The ony game I ever tried doing levels for was Elite Force. I just had to say to hell with it. I hated doing that because I seldom give up on stuff but damn...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Putting the money towards a Wii preorder > metal case.[/quote]

Wii + preorder = Wiiorder :whistle2:#

Lame, but I don't care. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wii + preorder = Wiiorder :whistle2:#

Lame, but I don't care. :lol:[/quote]
Yes, it was, though we'll let it slide this time. ;)

I guess I'm an old fart already. I have a costume that I could wear, but I don't have any desire to put it on and take the little kids in the family out to trick-or-treat. Then again, they probably already have someone to take them out.

Hmm... I'll find something to do tonight regardless.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, it was, though we'll let it slide this time. ;)[/quote]

Heh. :)

I'm in a great mood today so I guess I am acting a little sillier than usual.

Trying to cook dinner in the dark to avoid trick or treaters is about as irritating as it sounds. I should be in class, but the university got a bomb threat...

Why is the traffic always fucked up when I need to get somewhere and why today of all days? I was heading to school to do some work before class and the traffic lights around the intersection were blinking red. So basically everyone that was going through those two lights there were switching off between people turning and going through the intersection. It was pretty much driving chaos just short of a what a power outage would do.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, it was, though we'll let it slide this time. ;)[/quote] You're getting soft. Bad Wii pun, one day ban ;)

[quote name='DT778']?[/quote] That's not the Pokemon puzzle game. But that's not your traditional Pokemon RPG either.

[quote name='DT778']?[/quote]
That's not the Pokemon puzzle game. But that's not your traditional Pokemon RPG either.

I knew that no kids would come down this street. I don't blame them... no reason to, unless you want to purchase drugs or guns What the fuck am I going to do with all this candy I bought?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I knew that no kids would come down this street. I don't blame them... no reason to, unless you want to purchase drugs or guns What the fuck am I going to do with all this candy I bought?[/QUOTE]

Trade it for guns and drugs.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Trade it for guns and drugs.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I could trade it for some guns... and then get some money from Hex. I know that he loves guns. Of course, he probably has just about every kind of gun there is.

I wonder what the rate is for drugs... a box of Snickers for a dime bag? :lol:

[quote name='2Fast']Trying to cook dinner in the dark to avoid trick or treaters is about as irritating as it sounds. I should be in class, but the university got a bomb threat...[/QUOTE]Why are you avoiding them?

[quote name='Strell']I trick or treat the next day at Target or Walmart.

50% candy ahoy![/QUOTE]

Yeah, for all the sugar addicts, it's Christmastime the day after Halloween... just about every store you go to.

Actually, after most holidays, it's Christmastime for sugar addicts. You get Valentine's candies... Christmas cookies... and so on.

[quote name='DT778']some traders on cag have no fucking class. at least send a pm letting me know your not interested.[/quote]

Sending I'm not interested replys gets old after the first 50.

Just see if your PM has been read and if so assume they aren't interested.

[quote name='jmcc']Why are you avoiding them?[/quote]

Didn't buy candy 'cause I thought I would be in class until 9.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, for all the sugar addicts, it's Christmastime the day after Halloween... just about every store you go to.

Actually, after most holidays, it's Christmastime for sugar addicts. You get Valentine's candies... Christmas cookies... and so on.[/QUOTE]

I just want some Nerds.

And Smarties.

And Twix.

And 100 Grands.

And maybe some Milky Ways.....

Oh! And those Milky Way Caramels, which OWN THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING.

What sucks is that they don't show good horrow movies anymore. Part of the appeal of halloween horror was watching classic black and white hooror movies. For the camp of it.

The Thing From another World, Frankenstein, even giant tarantulas rampaging across texas would be better than Cops, Halloween 4, and the Punisher.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']What sucks is that they don't show good horrow movies anymore. Part of the appeal of halloween horror was watching classic black and white hooror movies. For the camp of it.

The Thing From another World, Frankenstein, even giant tarantulas rampaging across texas would be better than Cops, Halloween 4, and the Punisher.[/QUOTE]

I like the Punisher, but already saw it in the theaer. Crap on TV has helped me get a lot of my philosophy paper done and hopefully I can get some of my Political Science paper done. Gear of War's release is sandwiched in between the due dates so getting as much done is important. Also have to head to Duke *shudders* because my library does not have enough in its Asian history section to write a decent paper (Duke has a ton of shit though from what my professor said).

Question: Do all the trick or treaters in your areas all go to the rich neighborhood?

That's what they do here. They all cram into cars and congest this one neighborhood for nigh on 4-5 hours of bumper to bumper madness.

I drove around for a few minutes trying to find "take 1 piece!" bowls that lazy people had left out.

fuck the candy, I want the bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back