Question about a New Game from TRU w/ a missing Disc.

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
Anyone have any experience returning stuff to TRU? This happened to me a while ago (maybe 2 yrs ago) at Best Buy, but I opened it (Red Dead Revolver PS2) out in the parking lot and went right back in. The employees looked at me funny, but didn't gave me any problems.

I bought Def Jam Icon for the 360 2 days ago and just opened it and there wasn't a disc inside. I still have the receipt. Think I'll have problems returning it? I know some TRU employees get on here, so maybe you could help. Thanks.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']Anyone have any experience returning stuff to TRU? This happened to me a while ago (maybe 2 yrs ago) at Best Buy, but I opened it (Red Dead Revolver PS2) out in the parking lot and went right back in. The employees looked at me funny, but didn't gave me any problems.

I bought Def Jam Icon for the 360 2 days ago and just opened it and there wasn't a disc inside. I still have the receipt. Think I'll have problems returning it? I know some TRU employees get on here, so maybe you could help. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's a high chance since it's been 2 days that you will NOT get a refund or another copy of the game. Now if it opened right after you left the store, *maybe* but usually they will not do anything about this. You may be SOL... you can try..but it might not go well :( sorry

you should not have a problem...just be very insistent and dont demand a refund, just an even exchange for the same game...i had that happen to me one time in walmart years ago with a DC game...it was a few days later but they didnt give me a problem

and you can say it was a gift and when it was opened there was no disc inside therefore explaining the delay in bringing it back

I had this happen to me a few months ago (at TRU) with a clearance PSP game. I took it in the next day, with all the original wrapping (that I then realized was poor quality shrink wrap) and explained the situation to the manger. He seemed to be mulling it over in his mind and then agreed to an exchange where he opened the new one in front of me. I guess it didnt hurt that I had spent over $100 on other stuff which was on the receipt. I expected to have to pull all the cards in the book (corporate, BBB, credit card) but didnt have a problem.

Good luck.

I don't expect to have a problem. I'm telling the truth about the situation and all I want is an exchange, not something else. I know I asked for advice, but ITDEFX doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. It's not the automatic norm to open up something within 2 days of buying it.

I think it's YMMV. I bought a $5 GBA game at Circuit City that was in the security case and I didn't realize the top of the box had the shrinkwrap slit open and the cartridge was removed. I went back about 15 minutes later and got my money back (it was the last copy). I think after a few hours, a store is more likely to give the consumer a hard time.

[quote name='dukeybear']I had this happen to me a few months ago (at TRU) with a clearance PSP game. I took it in the next day, with all the original wrapping (that I then realized was poor quality shrink wrap) and explained the situation to the manger. He seemed to be mulling it over in his mind and then agreed to an exchange where he opened the new one in front of me. I guess it didnt hurt that I had spent over $100 on other stuff which was on the receipt. I expected to have to pull all the cards in the book (corporate, BBB, credit card) but didnt have a problem.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

With PSP games, you can look through the case since the case is clear and see if the UMD is in the case or not before buying. I tried that once with a game at Sears that had half the shrinkwrap missing. Luckily, the UMD was in there so I bought it.

bread's done
Back