question about a ps1 sealed game

aaronx77

CAG Veteran
Heres another question for all you video game fanatics. I got a brand new crash bandicoot 2 non greatest hits game off ebay, the only thing is it doesnt have the celophane wrapping like some ps1 games do. Now I know a lot of brand new ps1 games dont have the celophane wrapping and have seen a lot of them in my time. Now I would think this is a fake but it still has the white security stripe on top of case, it has the vent holes on front and back and also has the back hangtag normally seen on ps1 games. My question to all of you is in your opinion do you think this is a fake or real thanks again for your time.

could be real, could be fake... i know you can unhinge the bottom and lift the top case over while still keeping the security sticker intact.

Does it even have any wrapping? I know all Sony PS1 games had wrapping where it was folded at the bottom & top.

If there's just the security seal, it could be like what scrapdawg mentioned. Where he unhinged the case and has played the game already. That way it looks like brand new with the wrapping on the outside, but the disc is scratched to hell on the inside.

If it has no wrapping, unhinge the case and check the disc to check it's condition.

ive seen alot of these. what usually happens is that the plastic wrapping was taken off probably because its not in a very presentable condition. thats why alot of resellers often re-sealed them. some sellers dont though, like what you have. you can find out by unhinging the front and looking at the game.

The game might be an old store copy, so perhaps the old plastic got ripped off or was slightly ripped and the person decided to reseal it to make it look better.

ok thanks for all your replies there is wrapping on it like with some other ps1 games ive seen so I cant just open it up without possibly ruining the value but what I can see from looking through the sides everything looks legit and I dont see any creases on the instruction booklet either so ill take it as I see it.

I still don't understand why people buy new games to keep them sealed. I buy new titles to make sure they aren't scratched -- and then I keep them in great condition, but they get played. Even my backlog is unsealed.

bread's done
Back