Question about Amazon Pre-Order for Guild Wars 2

callmewoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Hello, I'm fairly new to buying off Amazon (ff13 is my first) so I had a couple questions that anyone who does pre-orders on amazon could probably answer.

Right now the game is showing an estimate price of $49.99, but the 'in cart price' is actually $46.99. Sounds like a great price to pre-order at. Since if I understand right, it'll lock the game in at that price. And on top of that, I have a $10 game credit I just got from FF13. Here's my questions:

If I pre-order the normal version (the only one available right now), am I able to move my preorder to a collector's edition? Do I have to cancel the old and re-do the new preorder for a special edition?

The $10 FF13 game credit says it expires June 30th (or somewhere about there). If I pre-order, and (I think?) my credit is applied, won't it be expired by the time GW2 comes out (probably late this year/early next year)? If it doesn't expire because it was applied to the preorder, would it screw it up if I changed to a different edition (see above paragraph)?

I've got the prime free trial right now... if I pre-order but when the game finally comes out, the trial is expired, do I lose my free prime (or release day shipping)?

If anyone can answer these questions from their own experience I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

If you apply the credit to an order it won't expire as long as you change NOTHING on your order. If you change anything after the credit was set to expire then you might run into trouble.

Thanks, that answers a big part I was wondering about. Especially since GW2 will PROBABLY have a special edition, but the credit would probably be gone by then. Just tempted to lock in the price, although thinking closer about it, it'll probably come out at 49.99 anyway for the regular version as most pc games do these days. Hmm. :/ still wondering if you can upgrade from normal-to-special preorder without much fuss (other than the credit part which xbox_mole answered). :)

[quote name='callmewoof']Thanks, that answers a big part I was wondering about. Especially since GW2 will PROBABLY have a special edition, but the credit would probably be gone by then. Just tempted to lock in the price, although thinking closer about it, it'll probably come out at 49.99 anyway for the regular version as most pc games do these days. Hmm. :/ still wondering if you can upgrade from normal-to-special preorder without much fuss (other than the credit part which xbox_mole answered). :)[/QUOTE]

If you want to order a special edition when it comes out, you'll have to cancel your original order and then place a new one, unless you call Amazon and get a CSR involved then they may be able to do something fancy and get it changed, but I wouldn't count on it since they're probably just going to tell you to do a new order.

bread's done
Back